[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My golden retriever's right paw has been swollen and inflamed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0030.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0030.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
My golden retriever's right paw has been swollen and inflamed for about a week. No limping. He does like a "cry of pain" when he puts pressure on it. What could this be and how can I treat it?
>>
File: IMG_0029.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px)
IMG_0029.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>2427862
If only there was some place you could go... to find out...
>>
>>2427874
I know, right?

Imagine if there were like, doctors, but instead of for people, they were like, animal doctors or some shit.
>>
>>2427862
>>2427863
wow it almost looks like something that a professional medical person with years of training and education should look at

if only someone like that existed
>>
>>2427876
DICKHEAD You act like I don't know that. I came here for a quick possible reason my dog is in pain. So FOH B
>>
File: IMG_0031.jpg (102KB, 678x678px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0031.jpg
102KB, 678x678px
>>2427876
"iF oNly sOmEoNe liKe tHaT exIsTEd"
>>
>>2427862
Get him to a vet you cheap fucking autist.
>>
File: trigger.png (1MB, 1056x772px) Image search: [Google]
trigger.png
1MB, 1056x772px
>>2427884
>quick possible reason my dog is in pain

Quick as in you let it linger for a week and check on a Mongolian dog stew recipe forum for advice?
>>
>>2427862
check if his toenails are crossed. If they are, sit on his head so he doesn't bite you while you uncross them.

check the pads of the foot for cuts or burns. check between the toes for injury. small injuries could be treated with some antiseptic cream and bandages.

everything else is going to require x-rays or antibiotics. Possibly amputation or other surgery. You probably can't do that stuff.
>>
It amazes me every time I come onto this board, it seems like everyone here has dogs who are always needing a vet.

I've owned dogs for 20 years and the only reason my dogs have ever went to the vet was for shots.

Don't get me wrong, maybe it's a super serious flesh rotting virus or something, but his nail I can see looks like it broke off and it might be rubbing against the pad causing irritation

If you cut his nails, don't cut it so short and always clean up the edges, your dog will love you for it.

You can check for splinters or anything stuck in the pad, try soaking his paw in warm water as well.

If it gets worse or doesn't get better, go to a vet because it's causing him pain.
>>
>>2427971
>go to a vet

Surely he would be better off consulting facebook, twitter, or maybe reddit....
>>
>>2427971

This, for the most part. If you're going to trim nails yourself, it's better to err on the side of caution and leave a little than get too close.

It's either that or he has a splinter or thorn in his paw.
>>
>>2427884
>quick possible reason
you noticed your dog's paw was swollen and did nothing for a fucking week. that's why it's in pain. take it to the fucking vet.
>>
>>2428001
He is, vet is last case scenario for a easy fix as removing a thorn

It's also possible it's a bee sting.

Not worth going to a vet and spending a few hundred dollars for splinter removal if you could've done it yourself.
>>
>>2428241
If the dumb fuck can't figure out how to inspect for splinters, cuts, broken nails, or whatever, on his own, then he's not smart enough to treat it himself anyway, and needs a vet.
>>
>>2427862
Fill in the blank

"Take it to the _ _ _"
>>
>>2428306
Wait internet can't fit there, I'm out of ideas
>>
>>2427862
Take it to the vet you retarded cheapskate
>>
>>2427884
>My dogs paw has been inflamed and hurting him for a week lol what should I do

Give him to someone competent
>>
>>2427909
>sit on his head
I wouldn't be surprised if OP took this seriously, but you're retarded.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.