[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pic related is my dog, a little white ankle biter. it started

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

pic related is my dog, a little white ankle biter. it started maybe 2-3 months ago once my dad got out of the hospital from a knee surgery, things didn't go the best so we sort of changed things around at the house, one of them being a halt on giving Lola scraps and other human food. I never did it myself but my dad did, you know how older men can get with pets. after the extreme change in diet she adjusted okay at first but then she started acting weird. pissing and shitting all over the house at night and just being a fucking bitch about it. just thought she was mad and letting everybody know about it. she acted fine besides this odd behavior. had energy during the day and everything. even shed a few pounds and got kind of skinny. this last weekend though she got really sick, wouldn't eat or barely drink and she started passing bloody diarrhea and vomiting whatever she ate, couldn't keep anything down. Sunday it got worse as she seemed constipated but was still dribbling this murky dark red blood mixed with some poo but it was mostly straight liquid. she must have lost more weight fast because even in her face she looked skinner. she looked terrible yesterday, barely moving and was in obvious discomfort. walking slow and her back was hunched too. she just laid around all day looking sad as hell. she was taken to the vet this morning and has been diagnosed with pancreatitis and I guess 'acute' renal failure from dehydration? the vet seemed optimistic for the time being, she's gonna stay there until Wednesday. reading up on this is giving me some real mixed answers. some are saying the acute renal failure can be treated completely while the pancreatitis is the more serious concern and vise versa. also that dogs usually don't survive for much longer after an event like this or they make a complete recovery just for the pancreas to act up again in the future
>>
cont- what are the options here? I already know a diet low in protein is probably the best option but, once again, a low protein diet is good for the pancreas but not the kidneys? I'm just getting so many wild answers here I don't know what to make of it. I hope somebody here is more knowledgeable on these diseases and how they overlap with each other. thanks in advance
>>
TL DR my 9 year old chihuahua has a double whammy of pancreatitis and 'acute' renal failure, how is this going to be managed?
>>
>>2427392
Bring it back to the pet store and buy another rat.
>>
>>2427410
Nobody on 4chan can tell you that better than your vet can, sorry bud. I know you're looking for answers because you love your doggo but this is just a board full of other animal and nature lovers, not experts.
>>
>>2427392
In my experience pancreatitis can be treated fairly quickly and be maintained with a proper diet. The acute renal failure is the big issue here, just depends on the damage done already. Like >>2427435 said we can't really give you any definitive answers. Hope she makes a full recovery OP.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.