[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to look for doggolos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: group_web_12_2014.jpg (75KB, 775x392px) Image search: [Google]
group_web_12_2014.jpg
75KB, 775x392px
I find various websites and breeders straight up contradicting each other about some traits, what to do?
Right now i'm eyeing Chinooks as they seem to posses the characteristics i'm looking for:
-Not too prone to chasing critters and wandering (it would spend most of its time unleashed and near the woods)
-Healthy
-Tolerates cold
-Doesn't bark constantly
-Smart and affectionate (on this note the sources were particularly uncertain)
-medium to large size
Other suggestions are welcome, praise the doggos
>>
File: thumbs up cat.jpg (13KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up cat.jpg
13KB, 350x350px
go to your local park, find one who has been let off their lead, tempt them over with doggo treats, put leash on doggo

congrats, free doggo
>>
>>2426333
Just get a couple of used pitbulls at a shelter.
>>
>>2426340
Pitbulls in Canada-tier cold climate? I heard it's not that good for them
>>
>>2426333
Golden retriever.
Only from breeders using genetic tests to avoid shitty pups.
That poor breed's been ruined in north America.
>>
File: Capture.png (24KB, 924x531px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
24KB, 924x531px
>>2426372
How can you trust breeders on that?
>>
Chinooks are a pretty aloof breed and while although they are one of the least prey driven of the sled dogs (does not mean they are not prey driven), they will still need a lot of training to stay close. Barking is another thing that has more to do with training than anything else. Any dog can make annoying noises, you have to teach it not to. Just because it isn't constantly barking at nothing doesn't mean he won't bark every time He sees or hears something he is worried about. Healthy has a lot to do with the breeder. Chinooks are a healthy breed, but if you get it from a bad breeder you can still get health issues, it's like that for every dog. A dog from a decent breeder shouldn't be getting genetic issues. That's part of why you're buying from a breeder.

If you want real information, I'd suggest contacting a reputable Chinook breeder and a Chinook rescue to really get all the pros and cons of the breed. You don't have to be interested in adopting from them just to ask some questions about the breed, they should be more than happy to talk to you.

>>2426348
American Pit Bull Terriers are pretty hard and can tolerate some temperature extremes, but a random bully mutt probably not so much. Either way, just because a dog can tolerate it doesn't necessarily mean they will like it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.