[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Temp Hamster Cage

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: littleshit.jpg (140KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
littleshit.jpg
140KB, 640x480px
>GF gone for awhile
>babysit her hamster for 2 weeks
>I leave for 3 days
>left hamster lots of food and water
>return and hamster has bit a hole clean out of the wall of the cage (it's a big plastic bin, never felt good about it)

>caught her
>shes gone from sweet to outright feral

>Big 3 gallon protein powder jug
>Put bedding and hiding hiding hut with food in there
>Gave her water that she sucked down

She will be good until I can get her a glass aquarium tomorrow right? She seems super tired and basically went right to sleep after I put her in there. I don't think she can bit the walls.

I never asked for this. I don't like hamsters.
>>
>>2425371
Just put her in the bath tub, much harder to chew through.
>>
>>2425371

Anon, hamsters are easy. A cardboard box can substitute for a cage, just fill the bottom with something like cedar or pine chips, hang a water bottle from the side, put down a food dish, and something for exercise like a running wheel.
>>
>>2425427
>cardboard box
>OP stated the hamster chewed through the plastic walls of the cage

Anon, what are you thinking? Cardboard is much easier to chew than plastic. The hamster already demonstrated a will to escape its confinement, so why risk it with something easy for it to chew through?
>>
>>2425431

Cardboard works in a pinch (as a temporary solution, and yes you'll need to actually watch them if you're going to do that, OP said 3 days). As to what I'm thinking, a cage with metal bars a plastic bottom, and a latch would be would be best. But can OP justify a purchase for something that they're only going to need for 3 days? Though, seriously they're not that hard to obtain, and most pet stores have them.

And hamster balls are fine if you want to let them out to run around. while not losing track of them. A hamster especially a Syrian one like in the pic does not run that fast, they won't be able to get away unless you're really not paying any attention. It's not a field mouse.
>>
>>2425443

Sorry, reread the OP. It's 2 weeks. Yeah OP either needs to get a metal cage, or use an aquarium like they said. All the other stuff about the water bottle, food, etc still stands.
>>
>>2425445

Change the water out of the bottle daily, and food about the same. Hamsters don't need a lot of it. And if you really want that little thing to love you buy some roasted sunflower seeds, because hamsters love that shit. But use it sparingly or it's coat will get greasy.
>>
>>2425431
It's definitely bait - cardboard is easy to escape from, and cedar/pine is bad for them.
>>
>>2425446
I only fed sunflower seeds to mine. He was a fat fuck, he lived like a king but got an oral tumor and died. I suppose he paid for his sin of gluttony.
>>
Your girlfriend is cheating on you.
>>
>>2425493

Dude, I had a hamster for several fucking years from the time I was 9 until well into my teens, I think I had my driver's permit right around the time that it kicked the bucket. Cedar is bad for it my ass. GFY. He said a temporary cage so I only assumed for like a day or two, and they only like to burrow through shit if they're bored out of their little hamster skulls.

Of course maybe the reason that mine didn't engage in that sort of behavior is because I actually let her have some time outside of the cage. Both in her little ball, and also moving around outside the ball while I supervised and kept her out of trouble.

No Anon, this isn't bait. You're a retard that probably just parrots out everything that you read on a Mongolian basket weaving forum as if it were the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
>>
>>2425728
>cedar mulch
>rodent drags balls through sharp wood all day
>no aroma
>completely healthy for the rodent
>hampster ball

Jesus dude. You're the retard here, stop fucking name calling and being a hypocrite.
>>
>>2425728
>hamsters only burrow when they're bored
>hamsters only exhibit their natural instinctual behaviour when bored

I think you're retarded.
>>
>>2425731

Female hamster (no balls), and hamster doesn't have a 'p' numbnuts. Pay attention.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.