[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guinea pig

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Hi, i just got my self a Guinea pig, I never owned one before, if you could give me tips and advice I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks
>>
>>2425116
Get another guinea pig.
They Are very social animals.
>>
Definitely get another.
Don't eagle claw them if you pick them up. Scoop them so they don't panic and scoot into a corner.
Don't feed them water vegetables too much or they'll shit themselves to death.
That fluffy paper-based bedding is your friend.
They can make a LOT of noise especially when they're hungry.
>>
>>2425116
>>2425198
Get another, make sure it always has water
I always used a layer of newspaper, than shredded paper, and than the fluffy bedding

Be very nice to them
>>
>>2425116

http://www.marxmail.org/archives/december98/guinea_pig.htm
>>
OP here, thanks a lot for the advice guys I will definitely get anther one. The one I have now is a female. Just wondering if another female would be good or should I get a male partner?
>>
>>2425512
Unless you want them to fuck, get another female
>>
Post a picture of the cage so we can tell you what you're doing right and what you're doing wrong so far
>>
>>2425572
And have bazillions of babies.

Female/female pairing is good. They almost always get along fine after the initial bickering over space and role as boss piggy. When you get the new one, introduce the two in a neutral space with some veg to bunch on. Clean their enclosure so it smells neutral before putting them together in it.
>>
>>2425653

Oh, also put three hides total in enclosure so they don't argue over hide space. When they become friends they'll often smoosh together in the same hide but you always need to have options available if they want alone time.
>>
File: 3.png (283KB, 478x414px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
283KB, 478x414px
>>2425116
C & C cages are really nice. I personally have the Midwestern with the smaller side filled with shredded paper/carefresh bedding and the other side has a handmade guinea pig cage liner.
I have 2 girls, one is 2.5 months and the other is almost 4 years old.
If you get another guineapig, i suggest getting a bigger or a small sized one so that they don't fight over dominance too often. Guinea pigs need to establish their own hierarchy and it's easier with different sizes or different ages.
Make sure guinea pigs eat grass based hays (orchard hay or timothy hay) unlimited or multiple times a day. Pellets can be given too. As they age, make sure everything is TIMOTHY based as alfalfa hays/pellets can cause stones due to the high calcium concentrations.
Make sure the hay is out of the sun- to conserve its Vit D content.
>>
>>2425116
They are very tasty. I recommend eating it with potatoes.

Also, never do dumb shit like scaring them. They can easily die that way.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.