[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm scared of dogs How do I get over it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0996.jpg (52KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0996.jpg
52KB, 480x360px
I'm scared of dogs

How do I get over it?
>>
>>2424710
Start getting to know little friendly dogs and then work your way up
>>
>>2424712
I'm really embarrassed. I ran like an idiot and screamed when my boyfriend's parents beagle puppy came up to me.
>>
>>2424710
Get bitten by one. Then you realize it's not the pain that scares you the most but the anticipation of being bitten. After this you realize that the dog has left their most vulnerable spots open to you by attacking one side of your body. Now you do what mankind has lived up to in all the years and stab the fucker right in its eyes and gouge them for having the little fucker mess with you in the first place, because this isn't their world OP you let them live with you because they are useful to you not the other way around. YOU WANT TO SIT AROUND ALL DAY AND DO JACK ALL THEN YOU BETTER AT LEAST KNOW WHO THE FUCK IS MAKING THAT SHIT POSSIBLE FOR YOU.
>>
>>2424715
Have them leash it and practice being near it and eventually petting it
>>
>>2424715
you ran away from a fucking puppy?
Kill yourself
>>
>>2424710
Avoid getting bitten by a rottweiler when you were a kid and having the wound erupt into searing pain.

Eh, I manage.
>>
>>2424710
It's funny how dog faggots online see dogs losing their shit to people in YT videos and say absurd shit like: "the dog sensed he was an asshole, he deserved to be attacked!!"
>>
perro caca
>>
>>2424813
lol
>>
>>2424813
is it a lie tho

it's normal to be scared. even my reptile brain panics when a dog i don't know runs up to me, even though i'm not scared of dogs and have my own dogs. >>2424715 isn't normal though. play with that puppy more. it will have high energy that will be bad for you since you're a pussy, but it's probably small enough that it can't legit hurt you
>>
>>2424710
Look up sheltie puppies on Google images.

Thank me later.
>>
>>2424712
I'm actually getting scared when these little dogs start barking out of nowhere. Bigger dogs are fine with me though. Not OP.
>>
>>2424712
Little dogs are typically spoiled and aggressive, since negative traits aren't really bred out (lol he's biting your ankles, so funny). Go to a shelter and visit with the older dogs. They should be more calm and will appreciate the attention since no one adopts them.
>>
>>2424710
Kill one and eat it.
>>
Find cool old doggos
>>
>>2425516
>soedgy.jpg
>>
>>2424710
DOESN'T BITE
JUST WANTS TO PLAY
THE OWNER'S FAULT
etc
>>
>>2424710
Stop being black and or mudslime.
>>
>>2424710
Learn dog body language.
You'll realize how friendly most dogs are. You'll also know when to back off and avoid an attack from a doggo who's just nervous and not angery.
>>
>>2424710
you never really get over it. Just be brave and work your way up from smaller dogs. It's okay to be scared, try to be brave for just a couple seconds and work that up to half a minute
>>
>>2424710
Pretend pitbulls don't exist.
>>
>>2424710
What scares you more OP
When a female talks to you
When anyone talks to you
That you have a small penis
Cats
Ladybugs
Dogs
>>
>>2424710

Find someone with a calm, well-trained dog. Avoid dog parks, pet stores, and pretty much anywhere where people let them run offleash in groups.

Have them make the dog sit while you watch its body language from a distance. Work on approaching the dog little by little. Ideally, the steps need to be spaced out in multiple sessions and kept short enough to allow you ample time to destress. The steps are as follows:

>be comfortable distance from dog
>acclimate to distance
>move closer
>acclimate to distance (repeat as needed)
>let dog smell you from less than two feet away
>let dog smell your hand
>pet dog
>feed dog treats

You want to step out of your comfort zone, but at the same time, pushing yourself too hard will be counterproductive. This isn't a magical cure, however. Overcoming a phobia takes a huge amount of time and dedication, and even then, one bad incident could lead to a relapse.
>>
>>2426313

Another thing that might help is walking with the dog and owner. Keep back so you can see the dog.
>>
>>2424710
Meet a pug.
>>
>>2424710
Maybe meet a dog like mine, friendo. He's a golden retriever, very old and inactive, doesn't bark, and is super friendly towards literally everyone. If nothing else, goldens are the best dogs for friendliness by a mile.
>>
>>2424813
funny how dog hating faggots take any opportunity to thread shit
>>
>>2426313

After this, find someone with a litter of puppies, lay down on floor, allow puppers to use you as a salt lick and climbing apparatus. Try not to die from the adorbs.
>>
>>2424710
Chain yourself or something and be engulved by cute little puppers
>>
don't worry about the fear, worry about the running and screaming. I'm scared shitless of dogs but if you pretend like you're ok there's a pretty good chance nobody will notice your hands are shaking or your heart rate is like 200bpm
>>
Take college classes on dog training. Just make sure it's a good college that's been doing their research for years.

This way, you will learn to read the dogs body language, and their behaviors won't be so out of no-where for you.
>>
>>2427614
>read the body language, and their behaviors won't be so out of no-where for you.
that's good advice for most animals, but not dogs, because dogs often want to cause harm
>>
File: 1484400230341.jpg (60KB, 324x354px) Image search: [Google]
1484400230341.jpg
60KB, 324x354px
>>2427617
>because dogs often want to cause harm
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.