[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bird Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

So my friend was outside and found this bird on the sidewalk crying while it was swarmed by ants. She managed to get it away from the ants and clean it. Now she has it in this box and is willing to take care of it, but she wants to know if there's something wrong with it. I think it's still young, but I don't have any experience with birds so that doesn't mean much.

Is this bird okay?
Is it sick?
Is it just young?
Will be posting a few more pictures.
>>
L O N D O N
>>
>>
>taking away hard-earned food from industrious ants
What are you, some fucking commie bootlicker?
>>
>>
Normally I post a Screenshot of leaving fledglings alone, but this bird looks much younger. Your best 2 options are:
Find the nest and put the bird back
Call a wildlife rehab center to take it
>>
>>2421949
Yeah, what the fuck OP? If you're going to steal from the bird's rightful owner, you should at least eat it yourself.
>>
Last pic I have

>>2421952
We live in a place where there are not a lot of trees so finding the nest isn't much of an option for us.

As far as a wildlife rehab center goes, do they have to be local? We don't have many things here concerning wildlife other than a small zoo and animal control.
>>
http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2011/05/24/when-rescuing-a-baby-bird-is-not-the-compassionate-thing-to-do.aspx

https://www.thespruce.com/what-to-feed-a-baby-bird-386555
>>
>>2421956
Young birds have to eat hourly at the very least. If this bird was abandoned and inactive to the point where it was being attacked by ants, I don't think there's any saving it. It's injured and now starving and stressed from being handled. Sorry dude but by the time you get it to a rehabber it will probably be a lost cause.
>>
>>2421956

If there aren't that many trees, then that narrows the possibilities considerably. Just go back to where it was found and have a look around.

No, it doesnt have to be local wildlife rescue.
>>
>>2421952
>>2421958
Thank you much for your help!
I told my friend so hopefully she can handle the rest.

>>2421965
She said it was very active, moving about and such, but the poor thing couldn't get away. I'm thinking it was stuck on something.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.