[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rescue bird

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 2017-07-02 23.07.37.jpg (507KB, 2829x1590px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-02 23.07.37.jpg
507KB, 2829x1590px
Hey, so I found this lil guy on my porch. Any tips on getting him fit for flying off on his own?
>>
I gave him a bowl of water, no idea what to offer for food
>>
He's got a lot of feathers, so I don't know if he needs saving, but he was stuck on the ground and there's a lot of foot traffic outside. I'm afraid someones dog might get him. He's in the box out on my balcony for now, so he can leave if he's capable.

I don't have any dogfood to make babybird food and it's 11:30 so I'm really lost on what I'm supposed to do.
>>
I have some blackberries if it can eat those. I don't really know whats suitable :/
>>
1) Put the bird back on your porch.
2) Kill yourself, you stupid worthless cunt. Nobody will miss you.
>>
>>2421911
I do have him outside where he can freely fly off if he's capable, just away from the foottraffic. I live a block off a shops and restaurant kinda street so there's a ton people walking around here for 4th festivities.
>>
>>2421915
Take him out of the box. And never touch a fledgling again, especially when you don't know anything about it. If you're lucky, you didn't do too much damage. The bird doesn't need rescuing, except maybe from fucking retards like you who grab wildlife with no knowledge of how any of it works.

Go fuck yourself, I hope you get aids and die.
>>
>>2421917
Does it help that I didn't touch him at all? Just sort of nudged him to walk into the box with a stick
>>
Don't listen to these dumbasses OP, they probably also subscribe to the myth that birds reject fledglings humans touched. It looks mature enough to walk but I doubt to fly and it should be put back into the nest. Find it. If you can't, call wildlife rehab. Don't leave it out on your porch or it will be eaten by a passing predator or it will die from exposure.
>>
Kill it nigga.
>>
>>2421923
>they probably also subscribe to the myth that birds reject fledglings humans touched

No, it's more that OP has no idea what the fuck he's doing and his odds of killing the bird increase dramatically the longer he has it, because his father is also his uncle.
>>
Didn't we just have this thread?

>>2421923
Exposure to what?
>>
>>2421961
... the elements? Haven't you ever heard the term "he died from exposure"?
>>
For exposure, tomorrow is supposed to get up to 93°f, should be sunny all day. If I put him outside I definitely want to make sure he's shaded, just in case he can't walk to somewhere cooler.
>>
>>2421962
Sure, but it's summer and this bird would normally be exposed to the elements anyway.
>>
>>2421964
I would suggest putting him somewhere out of the way if possible. Not far away or anything but just in a place where people aren't walking through often. The mother bird might still be nearby but she's unlikely to come feed him if there's a lot of human activity next to him.
>>
>>2421971
I put him back near he was, but tucked into a bush where he'll be shaded and concealed a bit from foottraffic.

I just hope he does ok
>>
File: 2017-07-03 00.45.31.jpg (652KB, 2829x1590px) Image search: [Google]
2017-07-03 00.45.31.jpg
652KB, 2829x1590px
Here he is back where he was. Lil bugger seems to be trying to shuffle over to the concrete sidewalk, wish he'd stay in the bushy area
>>
>>2421978
>>2421975
Good job anon. Don't worry about the bitchy posts in here, /an/ just sees a lot of these threads because the mods refuse to make a sticky for some reason so people get pissy about it. Your heart was in the right place.

Here is some help for the future. Nestlings should be returned to the nest they fell from, but if you can't see the nest, it's also ok to fill a shoebox (or similar container) with some shredded paper, tissue, etc. and put it up high in a bush or tree where the parents will hopefully see it/neighborhood cats won't come across it. Fledgelings often seem pathetic/hurt but are still being looked after by their parents while learning to fly, it's just a part of their life cycle. If either type of baby bird is obviously injured, it should be taken to a wildlife center and cared for by professionals if at all possible.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.