[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is This Dog Too Inbred?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: family tree.png (4KB, 334x489px) Image search: [Google]
family tree.png
4KB, 334x489px
The monochrome squares are all different dogs; they only appear once in the pedigree. The colored squares each represent a dog that appears in the pedigree more than once.

How much DNA do B and C have in common? I'm terrible at math.

I'm considering buying A's great-grandchild. Will that dog be too inbred?
>>
Don't buy dogs that have inbred at all in the past few generations. Adopt, sure, but don't reinforce some dumb, money-hungry cunt that is willing to breed anything as long as they can make a buck. If you want to buy a dog find a breeder that doesn't inbreed, does health checks on the parents and puppies, and keeps the puppies until 10 weeks old at the youngest, ideally 12 weeks
>>
>>2421692
Are B and E siblings or the same dog? Also, if the pup is that far removed from A, I'm guessing the other side of the family has no relation?
>>
>>2421732
>>2421732
B and E are siblings.

The other side of the pup's family has no relation. The only other instance of inbreeding I can find is 7 generations back on the dad's side between mother and son.
>>
>>2421692
>Will that dog be too inbred?
first you need to understand that inbreeding by itself isn't necessarily a bad thing.

next you need to understand that all breeds are inbred, that's how breeds are started. If it's not inbred it's not a breed, it's a landrace.

finally you need to understand that the mechanism by which inbreeding introduces deleterious effects is through the fixing of disease-prone morphologies. So really all you need to look for are those morphologies. Is your breed prone to bad hips? Then look for bad hips. Is your breed prone to a certain genetic disease? Then test for that disease.

If you insist on just believing "inbred=bad" then you shouldn't be buying a pure-bred animal at all, and should seriously consider not owning any domesticated pets. At some point they're all inbred. Just like you are.
>>
File: 1482445291850.jpg (129KB, 713x558px) Image search: [Google]
1482445291850.jpg
129KB, 713x558px
>>2421743
>inbred
>Just like you are

Kek
>>
>>2421747
It's funny but it's also literally true.

Human populations survived a few bottlenecks in the past. In our not-too-ancient history we're all descendants of one woman and one or two men.
>>
>>2421750
I thought the big bottleneck was a reduction to about 10k individuals? Or was that europeans in general?
>>
>>2421750
So, you're, like, my brother?
>>
>>2421760
are you black?
>>
>>2421757
You are correct about the most significant recent bottleneck we know of.

the points at which we descended from a single male and a single female resulted from probably unknowable bottlenecks, and most likely occurred at different times. We're very heavily inbred at several points in our history.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve
>>
>>2421760
>So, you're, like, my brother?
we're all related.

doesn't mean I like you.
>>
>>2421750
Just like the Bible said.

God Bless!!!
>>
>>2421767
>Just like the Bible said.
sort of.

science assumes "Eve" had lots of brothers and sisters, but none of their offspring survived in our line. It also assumes "Eve" and "Adam" didn't know each other. In fact "Adam" was almost certainly a descendent of "Eve" that lived tens of thousands of years after she died.

Also of course they were both short black people.

Other than that, sure. Just like the bible.
>>
>>2421692
What it looks like is that they'll out cross "A" since the generation before was linebred.
Good breeders do this in order to make their dogs similar in both health and appearance.
If they continue with this formula, and you're getting the great grandchild, you'll be fine.
line breeding is at it's best when it's 3 or more generations off.
>>
>>2421771
I don't need to hear none of your science shit, boy.
>>
>>2421771
>muh out of africa theory

sad!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.