[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

as a first pet, should I get a cat or a dog?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: qt pupper.webm (2MB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
qt pupper.webm
2MB, 640x640px
will be moving out and getting an apartment soon, what kind of pet should I get?
>>
File: English Setter 1.jpg (107KB, 676x500px) Image search: [Google]
English Setter 1.jpg
107KB, 676x500px
>>2420345
Please tell us more about your life first.
>>
don't get a cat, ever. they're gross and live forever, you'll be sick of it, and your house will reek eternally before it finally dies
>>
>>2420351
i'm a college student and I want a pet to keep me company for me apartment
>>
>>2420358
Could I be your pet, anon?
>>
>>2420345
What's your personality like? Also breeds matter. Some dogs are over the top, others are very docile. Same goes with the individual pet; they have personalities like people. Choose a pet you feel like you can bond with and that you connect too.
>>
A small reptile or some insect/arachnid. Easy to take care of, minimal effort, and fun to watch and interact with.
>>
>>2420358
>apartment
Cat it is
>>
File: 1498616257265.gif (1MB, 446x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498616257265.gif
1MB, 446x270px
>>2420365
i'm an introvert, difficult for me to make friends because most people I meet annoy me and I never want to hang out, love getting faded on the weekends, empathetic, sarcastic, detail oriented, independent
that's all I can really think of
I just want a cute pet that I can love the shit out of and for them to love the shit out of me back
>>
an anime pillow and a windowsill with a box of Rosmarinus for steaks and tea
>>
>>2420366
Especially if you have them in a bioactive vivarium, and then you get an entire mini-ecosystem and all you have to do is spray it with water every now and then.
>>
>>2420398
Sounds like a couple of rats would be best for your situation.
>>
What you should really be asking yourself is whether you want a pet or brain parasites
>>
>>2420429
So basically the choice between an indoor cat and an outdoor cat
>>
>>2420398
go on craigslist and look up dogs u like. personally i like poodles, maltese, shih tzu, yorkie, ande havenese. your mileage may vary
>>
>>2420467
Don't shop for dogs on Craigslist. That's how you end up paying for a diseased byb dog that's going to die of cancer in 3 years or in 2 weeks of parvo because the byb can't be bothered to give a fuck
>>
Not OP but I'm in the same situation.

There's a blue heeler mix at my shelter that I'm interested in. Is this an okay first doggo? It looks much smaller and has different ears than a pure blue heeler. Otherwise, the hardcore exercise requirement for the breed would've been too much for me.
>>
>>2420345
if one of both of the following are true, get a cat:
-you dont have a decent sized place to live
-you dont have a lot of free time

if neither are true, consider a dog
>>
>>2420428
This
Rats make really good pets. Just remember that females tend to be more active and playful and males tend to be lazy and cuddly.
>>
>>2420345
get a cat. dogs do better in places with their own yard. not in apartments
>>2420398
ca
>>
File: IMG_0459.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0459.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>2420345
Gerbils or a hamster given your space, hermit crabs can be amusing as well
>>
>>2420367
>>2420497
t.retards
>>
A Clydesdale
>>
>>2420429
Kill yourself shitposter.
>>
are samoyed dogs able to live in an apartment?
>>
File: 1485543910469.jpg (74KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485543910469.jpg
74KB, 540x960px
>>2421666
Samoy
Samaint
>>
>>2420471
>Blue heeler
Don't. I don't know about them all, but my grannies was super exited 24/7 and pushed her off her porch
>>
File: 1498896730915.png (15KB, 328x540px) Image search: [Google]
1498896730915.png
15KB, 328x540px
>>2420606
This
>>
>>2421666
How much time are you willing to dedicate to the dog every single day and what temperature do you keep your apartment?
>>
>>2420398
>introvert
>apartment
cat it is
>for them to love the shit out of me back
this sounds like you want a dog, but trust me, you don't know what you want. All that dog's "love" and attention will start to annoy you very soon.
>>
>>2420345
Hmm, you have to consider some things before you get a pet: space, time and money.
If you want to have a pet you must take it to the vet, specially if it is a dog, because of the vaccines. Also, some breeds of dogs and cats have a high chance of getting skin problems or eye problems, so if you are going for a pure pet, you must chose wisely.
Since you are going to the college, you will have to study and spend most of your time in classes and sleeping, so keep in mind that dogs and cats need a different amount of attention.
Also, if you are thinking on a big dog, forget about it because you won't have enough space for it. A small dog does ok on an medium size apartment. Cats are very independent, they like high places, so the size of the place doesn't matter so much. Also, if you train your cat propaly it will be a very nice pet, just like dogs. The idea that cats don't like their owners is a lie. They will go to you asking for coodles very often and ask to play with them. Notice that cats like to sit on your paper work and play with your pens and rubbers, so be careful while you are studying.
>>
>>2421752
>A small dog does ok on an medium size apartment
Big dogs do just fine in small apartment, all kinds of dogs do fine in all kinds of apartments. You just need to take them out and tire them. Which isn't hard.
Tired dog = happy dog = calm dog.
>>
>>2420471
You'd probably still have to exercise it all the time. Don't get it unless you're ready to run 3 miles a day. Otherwise you're going to get a high-strung psycho dog that gnaws on your stuff.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.