[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok how do i stop my dog from pulling the leash? Tried all the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1470659476472.jpg (13KB, 224x219px) Image search: [Google]
1470659476472.jpg
13KB, 224x219px
Ok how do i stop my dog from pulling the leash? Tried all the methods a trainer could tell you for weeks but it never effectively worked, i think the problem is that it's a young overly excited boy that can't stand still for 2 seconds it's not something i can really control
>>
>>2419371
I'm not well-versed on dog training, but I think you should hold the leash firm so the dog can only walk by your side. If you adjust him to doing this over time, he may learn to continue to do so if he wants to get what he wants. Praise is always good too, I'm not sure about scolding though.
>>
>>2419371
>weeks
It takes months.
Enjoy.
>>
>>2419374
told i already tried the usual stuff i always hear about teaching dogs not to pull the leash but no matter what he will always try to drag me as much as possible, and if i stop too many times he'll start whining
He's also pretty big and strong so it's already a miracle people don't see me flying all over the place because he wanted to sniff some other dog's asshole
>>
>>2419371
More exercise. Get that fucker exhausted then walk.
>>
>>2419381
So let him whine. His training is more important than his feefees
>>
Get a pronged training collar like this: https://www.chewy.com/guardian-gear-prong-training-dog/dp/134977?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=hg&utm_content=Guardian%20Gear&utm_term=&gclid=CJ7MrJW149QCFYiKswoderIOow&gclsrc=aw.ds

Basically instantly stopped my brother's german shepherd puppy from pulling.
>>
>>2419371
The basic idea of training out behaviors is to make the behavior you want to discourage (in this case pulling) seem less enjoyable while making the desired behavior (not pulling) seem like a better option. A lot of people will use EZ walks, choke chains or prong collars to add the negative aspect of pulling (EZ walks are also good for dogs that pull really hard, makes them easier to handle). Others don't use tools at all, and will simply stop when the dog pulls, the punishment being the dog not being able to move forward, and continue walking when the dog gives slack as a reward. What I do though is make the dog spin around me when it pulls because it's faster to get the walk done but it still slows the dog down and is a hindrance to his enjoyment of the walk to do dumb tricks. The dogs I've worked with usually get it down before the walk is over, but the next walk they start up the same shit because they are used to being able to get their way if they try long enough. So while you may get results fast it might seem like progress is back tracking. Just keep at it. Training is a life long thing, it's not a one and done deal. If you give in, it will only make training more difficult for you.
>>
>>2419371
Put it on roller skates.
>>
did you try clicker + treat?
>>
File: erratic flailing.png (20KB, 716x383px) Image search: [Google]
erratic flailing.png
20KB, 716x383px
>>2419371
>>
File: 1456969803156.jpg (249KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1456969803156.jpg
249KB, 640x1136px
Watch some Zak George/Kiko pup on Youtube.
>>
>>2419766
Keks.

On topic, I just did a 180 everytime my dog pulled. Eventually she understood pulling hard never got her where she wanted to go. Now she only tugs a little a bit once or twice and when she wants to go somewhere specific.
>>
>>2419919
This is a pretty good way of teaching a dog not to pull. Worked decently for my dog. Now I can just give him a tiny little tug on the leash if he gets carried away.
>>
>>2419936
Yeah, it's just annoying if you're going somewhere. I used to take the dog to my grandma's regularly, she lives likes 500m away, sometimes it'd take me half an hour because I had to suddenly turn back all the time because the dog was pulling.
Now it's the opposite, it takes 30 minutes because she takes her sweet ass time, sniffing everything and stuff. If there's someone working it gets worse, she just sits and watches.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.