[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, anyone here know a thing or two about snakes? I heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Alright, anyone here know a thing or two about snakes?

I heard a whining, meowing sound outside my front door,. It sounded vaguely like a cat, but not any sound I'd ever heard a cat make. It was happening maybe every 3 or 4 seconds.

Went to check it out, and after opening my door spooked what looked like a long, black snake, and it went slithering into the bushes in front of my house. It was longer than a foot, easily, and decently thick. Real snake territory, not any of those pussy shits you usually see around.

And the noise is gone with it, so I'm sure that the snake was the one making it. I thought for a moment maybe I was hearing the death cries of a kitten or something it was eating, but those wouldn't stop just because the snake dragged it into some foliage.

I'm trying to figure out what type of snake it is. I'm trying to identify it by the sound it made, because I didn't get a great look at it, but google is giving me jack shit in that regard, so I'm at a loss. I have two dogs, and i'm vaguely worried about taking them out now that I know i got this fucking black mamba looking motherfucker kicking around in the shadows, and I don't know if he's dangerous.

I live in central Florida, if that helps.
>>
The snake was not making that sound.
Snakes aren't vocal animals.
> It was longer than a foot, easily.
Thats a very small snake
>>
>>2417931
If it is not obvious, I am no snake expert.
>>
more likely you had some other animal, rodent or something, near the snake making the noise. Snakes make a hissing noise sometimes but not anything approaching a meow.
>>
>>2417932
A lot of snakes are a foot long when they're born/hatch
You probably saw a young (>6 months) black rat snake
>>
>>2417935
>>2417933
Hm. Alright, thanks. I'll keep an eye out for the lil' fella, then.
>>
probably some cat or small mammal trying to scare the snake off with noise
>>
Black Mambas don't live in Florida, they are found in Africa. The 4 venomous snakes of Central Florida are cottonmouths, coral snakes, Pygmy rattlesnakes, and eastern diamondback rattlesnakes.
>>
It was probably eating something. Keep that black snake around, I love them, they're really cool. I've seen some here in Missouri that look like they're three feet long, maybe longer.
>>
>>2417930
>it was longer than a foot
>Florida
>i'm worried about taking them out
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.