[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can i give my dog my antibiotics? she has a wound i dont want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: anti.png (33KB, 165x113px) Image search: [Google]
anti.png
33KB, 165x113px
Can i give my dog my antibiotics? she has a wound i dont want to get infected been cleaning it but want to risk infection. I was prescribed azithrocmycin 250mg. Pic is same box
>>
Antibiotics work with any animal, but I'm not sure how much is a safe amount to give to a dog, also different kinds have different potencies with different animals too. Not a complete answer, but I hope I helped anyway.
>>
I don't know how canine allergies work but be careful. Azithromycin would kill me, personally.
>>
No.
>>
In general, no. There's a few medications that can be shared between humans and dogs but you don't know which ones they are, and you also don't know how much of a dosage to give. Even in humans you have to be trained, you need a specific amount per body weight. But with dogs, the ratio is going to be different. You don't know the ratio of medication per pound for dogs, so you can't dose it safely.

Just keep the wound clean and wash with soap and water. You will do more harm than good just throwing antibiotics around.

You also don't want to use antibiotics as a preventative anyways. They should be saved for actual infections, otherwise you risk developing resistant strains of infection and contributing to the superbug problem.
>>
>>2417964
Using antibiotics unnecessarily can also cause other unnecessary side effects. Antibiotics kill bacteria indiscriminately, including the beneficial ones that aid in digestion and populate the skin to crowd out things like skin fungus. You'll be destroying these populations needlessly and leaving your dog prone to things like diarrhea.
>>
>>2417893
No. Stop fucking shit up for everyone else, asshole.
>>
Take your full round of antibiotics and your dog to a vet if you're that worried. You're the reason superbugs come about and pets end up poisoned or dying of preventable causes.
>>
>>2417893
Protip: go on Groupon and get a coupon for a check up on your dog so the vet tells you what you need to do for cheap. I've seen a bunch here in Phoenix. And the round of antibiotics for my dog was only 18 dollars btw
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.