[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any tips on taming small aviary birds that aren't hand reared?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: borgl.jpg (30KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
borgl.jpg
30KB, 480x400px
Any tips on taming small aviary birds that aren't hand reared?
>>
Bribe them with food and be extra patient. It can take a considerable amount of time for them to be comfy with your presence. Birds not raised around humans typically never get quite as tame as ones that were, though.
>>
Millet.
>>
>>2417990
Can you specify how tame hand-reared birds will become?
I was hoping to tame a bird to at least relax in my presence and not freak if I put my hand near it. Also, can small birds that aren't hand-reared still learn how to do tricks other than step-up (eg. fly to and from a post when told, ring a bell for attention, etc) if trained correctly?
>>
>>2418395
It depends on the bird's intelligence and trust.
As an example, I've had a Rosella for a year that's been in captivity for another 2 years and only recently did she step on my hand for the first time. Then again, Rosellas are suposed to be the least sociable parrots around.
>>
>>2418401
I don't think I've ever seen a person with a very tame Rosella. What species of Rosella is she? Anyway, I was planning to tame a Cockatiel or a Lovebird. I had been offered the chance to purchase a Pineapple Conure that was already adjusted to being handled but decided against it since, even though they may be a lot more friendly and sociable, they are a bit harder to keep. I'm only a beginner and I'm keen to try my hand at working with birds after researching them for a long time.
>>
>>2418407
>What species of Rosella is she?
Eastern, though I have a completely tamed Crimson Rosella too.

Both Cockatiel and Lovebirds should be easy enough to tame as long as you understand the basis of the process:
-Keep some kind of treat around to give them to form a bond
-If they look uncomfortable, let them be by themselves for a while
-Don't get two birds at the same time
>>
>>2418409
I have always liked Rosellas. The population of Adelaide and Eastern Rosellas is large here, so it's not uncommon to stumble upon couples when going for a walk in my hometown.
Thank you for your advice though, I hope I'll be able to enjoy the company of a bird soon enough.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.