[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

kitten behavior

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: kitten-plays-too-rough[1].jpg (169KB, 347x346px) Image search: [Google]
kitten-plays-too-rough[1].jpg
169KB, 347x346px
So here's the deal: my friend is a fucking retard who is incapable of caring for animals but he does so anyway and I need help fixing his shitty mistakes.

He had a stray (adult female) he had taken in and was offered a kitten. I told him the cat would hate it and that he didn't have the time to care for a kitten but he took it anyway. As an aside that stray cat is now stressed as fuck and constantly hiding to avoid getting attacked herself.

The kitten (male) was taken from its mother at around six-seven weeks. It was taken off nursing abruptly instead of weaning.

Because he couldn't be assed to kitten-proof his home he kept it in a closet for the first few months of its life. I also found out that he somehow thought a kitten should eat LESS than a normal cat so he was only feeding it twice a day. It was likely consuming its own feces.

Now the kitten is fed better and given full roam of the apartment, but it's completely un-socialized and aggressive. It will greet you normally then proceed to maul whatever appendage he was just marking (not play-bites, I've had to be very careful to continuously clean out my hands to avoid infection thanks to this little guy). It also likes to maul feet and the backs of heads.

I've told him to disengage with the cat entirely when it bites and to resort to a squirt bottle if it's absolutely necessary, but there's been zero behavioral change. I assume his training is inconsistent/nonexistent, but is there perhaps something more reliable?

tl;dr friend is a shitty owner with a shitty aggressive cat how fix
>>
Kill your friend, he's the root of all problems
>>
>>2417109
agreed but homicide isn't an option
>>
literally just play with it

listen to jackson galaxy. play with your damn cat. take it to the vet if playing doesn't help.
>>
i'd say to steal the little shit somehow or to keep telling your friend how much of a retard he is or at least convince him to take it to the vet.
>>
>>2417054
Hit him, not even kidding. Mother cat will strike a kitten when she's not in the mood, the kitten will get the picture and fuck off. But let him be an asshole he will mellow but still be fun to play fight with when he's older
>>
>>2417054
Possibly get another cat to try and comfort him, maybe a few months or so older than him. I asked the spca about the history on the first cat I got cause she was nuts and they wouldn't say. I pried more and got them to spill the beans, she was taken from her mom too young and not weaned off either and the people that took her gave up on her nearly instantly so she ended up a stray way too young and got picked up by the spca. I got her a little brother and it's helped a ton with her, they got along instantly and she treats him like a kid but I can tell she takes way more comfort from him than he does her.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.