[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Separation anxiety forces dogs to find something to break to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

Separation anxiety forces dogs to find something to break to relieve a fit of boredom and longing that boarders on a psychotic episode. It doesn't know that something like paper is valuable(homework) and animals tend to regard new objects as expendable as older objects tend to last. If anything, dogs aren't spiteful, they just rely erroneously on instincts to determine what is least important to you yet accessible. Its an oxytocin addiction. Giving them stimulation when away and giving them a clear option that not cuddling or touching is not a time out will help immensely. This deters them from always seeking you as a oxytocin high but as a being they come to respect and look to for authority. There is a strong competition between parents which spoil their children and those who simply want to treat their child as their own person. Its fair to say we and animals are products of both nature and nurture. While we are reminded constantly of the negative consequences of neglect, we often as a society ignore the predominantly psychological negative consequences of overcomfort. For humans who can convey context, laziness and contentment are the most symptomatic. But for dogs, who can't be told to count backwards from 10 to release stress or reassured you will always be back, overcomfort will cause them to look at you in 2 ways. First as a food giver, and secondly a source of comfort where they can "recharge". So you have to ask, does my dog still love me for me with that doggy unconditional love, or is it just using up its and your lives doing a routine? And have I literally become like a mailman who shows up to do a job everyday to play and play nurse? As Siddhartha after being a starving hermit heard a fisherman say iirc, "Too loose and the knot will break, to tight and it will not play." Lifeforms struggle but thrive stronger for it to find balance. Emotional attachment is fine but EVERYTHING should be made aware of its right to personal space.
>>
take your meds anon
>>
File: IMG-20170619-WA0001.jpg (27KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170619-WA0001.jpg
27KB, 306x306px
Stupid pic, the dog is not stressed, it's submissive, getting tired of people thinking that a certain behavior means just one thing , ie tail wagging means happy, no its not you lil shits.
Also tldr
>>
>>2416075
>not stressed, it's submissive
Yes, that dog is likely stressed (though a still shot picture will always be less accurate for judgment than a video, for instance.) This dog doesn't look happy and wiggly, he looks stiff and uncomfortable.

Showing submission/calming signals while being physically loomed over is a result of stress, anon. They're called appeasement gestures for a reason. Dog wants you to chill out.

>ie tail wagging means happy, no its not you lil shits
Correct, it just means arousal. Depending on context and other body language signals, it could mean excitement or it could mean stress, aggression, etc. Context is important.
>>
Since you're so wise, how do i get a dog to stop fucking barking.

My roommate got one about 2 months ago and she showers it with so much affection it is sickening. Now every time she goes out and i am in the appartment it will not shut the fuck up.

I don't want to mess with it because it is not my animal but the neighbors are starting to blame me despite me explaining that this is not my dog.
>>
>>2416075
lol....
>assuming submission is not as a direct response to a stressor....
dogs 'submit' to appease their owners.
>>
>>2416136
Give it treatcube. Or something else to do. It just bored.
>>
>>2416076
Submissive behavior isn't necessarily a bad thing. Obviously you shouldn't be acting as a threat to your animal unless its misbehaving, but a dog can like and be chill around its owner and still be submissive, it just means the dog respects the master's owner and understands its place as his property.
>>2416137
>dogs 'submit' to appease their owners.
why shouldn't dogs appease their owners? when I approach my dog when he's barking and he shuts up to appease me I consider that a good thing. doesn't mean he's stressed or uncomfortable by my presence, I have never hurt him, just means he knows authority defers back to me.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.