[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DogTV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1479209139866.jpg (12KB, 196x164px) Image search: [Google]
1479209139866.jpg
12KB, 196x164px
>sign up for DOGTV
>Try to login: Incorrect ID/Password
>Send mail to customer support
>"oops, should work now"
>no password reset or "there's a delay after registration"
>just "should work now"
>Go to install DOGTV app on LG SmartTV
>Crash on app Install.
>try to reload
>Crash on Appstore.
>try to reload
>Crash entire fucking Smart main menu
>LG tech support says to Factory Reset TV
>reset, re-do all my settings and logins
>from dinky fucking remote control with no keyboard
>25 minutes later, install works the 2nd time
>Hyped to see the different "Stimulaton", "Relaxation", etc. shows
>Only live feed available, no show selection
>Never even get see actual live stream
>12mb/s wired connection, stuck on "buffering" for 5 minutes
>Fuck it, go to try PC that's hooked up to TV
>Same thing - live stream only, no OnDemand-style show selection
>Website video is 480p and stutters.
>Recording the live stream for later isn't even worth it for that quality.
>nevermind, it crashed anyway

>$9.99 a month.

LOL ... No.
>>
>>2414886
What in the actual fuck is DOG TV
Tell me you aren't paying 10bucks a month for television programming for your dog?
Stream that shit nigga
>>
>>2414892

It was a free month promo. Just gotta cancel before it's up. Of course, they're fuckers, so you have to contact them through the phone or email to cancel and don't offer so much as a link in your account settings or even a mention of how to cancel in their FAQ.

If you're really that curious, just youtube it. There's sample videos there. And they do work. But the executation/tech/interface/etc - everything other than the actual videos - is complete garbage and makes it unusable.
>>
>>2414896
I just looked it up
I was being a joker when I said programming for your dog
And it literally is
Killed me now
The world is retarded
>>
DogTV? Im actually intrigued now....
Did it work for your dog (did he like to watch it)? What does it shows?
>>
>>2414904

It's hard to describe without coming off as a shill. But, yeah, they have videos with color palettes that appeal to dogs, music designed and tested to invoke responses (excitement, calm, etc), and visual subjects that fuel that. They also use camera panning speed and camera-takes at intervals to invoke desired interest in the dog.

Like the relaxation videos have soothing music, slow camera pans, dogs laying down chilling occasionally just to keep the viewing dog's interested, with 2/3s of the scenes being landscapes with soothing colors.

Stimulation vidoes have upbreak music with children talking recongizable phrases (good boy, come here, etc) and dogs running around playing. The camera pans faster and the takes are longer. You get the idea.

there are videos on youtube that show it. they're proud of their science and production. and I agree, it's fine. But without an efficient way to access it, it's useless.
>>
>>2414907
Yes, but does it works? Does EVERY dog, or at least a good majority shows interest?
>>
>>2414907
t. DogTV shill
>>
>>2414912

Probably not in the way people hope. Poeple-made videos are all over youtube. Videos to make dogs bark and react, but mostly to calm down dogs with separation anxiety. I've never known a dog with separation anxiety. But I do know sure-as-fuck that soothing music will not calm down an 8 week old puppy that just moved to its new home. So I really doubt it would do much for adult dogs with separation anxiety, and that'd be the main reason someone would pay 10 bucks a month for this shit.

If I just want my dog to freak up and tear around like an asshole, any video of a dog/wolf/siren howling will do that.
>>
Interesting, I might see what my dog thinks of the sample. She's generally uninterested in TV except for nature documentaries about tigers or primates (she particularly likes orangutans and is not a fan of baboons).
>>
>>2414886
Holy keks fucking first worlders

Just go outside with your dog.
>>
>>2414944

I have one dog that will watch anything, and another that will only watch white dogs. Damned racist dogs.
>>
>>2414944
My dog only ever watch TV if I'm watching and laughing or smiling, or if there's a lot of sand.
Sand on TV just captivates her, desert or beaches, she watches.
>>
>>2415111
My dog hates sand Annie she hates sand
>>
File: 1460590590419.jpg (39KB, 720x575px) Image search: [Google]
1460590590419.jpg
39KB, 720x575px
>they are now also trying to program your doggos

I want off this ride
>>
>>2415120
Seizure?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.