[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Barn Cats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1456969803156.jpg (249KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1456969803156.jpg
249KB, 640x1136px
So we are going to adopt a pair of cats to keep outside/in our garage for pest control. They will not be in the house, and they won't be 'pets' in the general sense, but basically strictly for pest control.

However, we aren't just going to throw them outside and not tend to them. I'm going to be caring for them for small wounds, only taking them to the vet if they have a serious injury, and providing wet food and clean water+warm/cool shelter.

The only thing that I am currently trying to figure out is a cheap flea and tick control for them. In the past, I have noticed that flea collars don't seem to really help (unless maybe I was getting a shitty brand?), and neither did the frontline drops.

What is a good flea control that I could find in any pet store, or farm supply store, and that is relatively cheap?
>>
>buying pests for pest control
really gets the niggler noggin

also, cats are garbage pest control. their food and toxoplasmosis will just attract and enable even more pests
>>
>>2414391
Nice meme friend.

Know of any good flea control that I don't have to go to the vet to get?
>>
>Diatomaceous Earth

Has anybody had luck with this stuff?
>>
>>2414393
You should be able to buy Frontline flea and worm protection or something from any ol' supermarket.

Don't neglect worming, that's arguably more important than fleas.
>>
Get a terrier instead. I like cats but they are shit for killing vermin. A terrier let loose in a place with rats will have them all dead in minutes.
>>
>>2414954
Me, I prefer burying myself in it
>>
>>2414383
>pest control
>gonna feed them good food
Also
>stay outside
>flea and tick meds

Seems like you just want a couple wild cats to live and hunt on your property and not interact with you. No need to do all the pet type shit just get a couple cats and let em eat mice or die
>>
>>2414959
I tried frontline before on a feq cats and it didn't work.
>>
Outdoor argument aside, cats are very very poor pest control. You're better off using traps, getting a rat terrier or mink(the ladder being the most difficult to care for but they are vicious hunters). Or gather a bunch of native snakes, build some habitat areas around your place and release them.

Cats are going to do absolutely nothing for you aside maybe leaving a single mouse at your door rarely.
>>
>>2415121
We have used cats when I was growing up as pest control, and they worked fine for basic rats/mice in the house.

We have tried poisons and traps and they aren't working. And rats keep coming in from outside and getting into the roof, despite us moving our garbage away from the house and making sure nothing should be attracting them to the house except I suppose shelter.
>>
Well we got the first kitten. Little male tabby, pretty cute. He'll be going into the vets for his rabies and second round if shots, so I guess I'll just ask there and explain the situation.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.