[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

animal's iq

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: gorilla.jpg (2MB, 3000x2372px) Image search: [Google]
gorilla.jpg
2MB, 3000x2372px
i may sound stupid,but i have a question:how can a gorilla has iq over 60? i see some people say that gorillas can have 80 iq...But gorillas cant talk.Retarded people can talk and they have iq under 70 iq,or higher.
>>
Doesn't it have to do something with the vocal cords?
That only humans have developed theirs on a way that they can speak.
That's why some apes can still learn sign language, but not speak.
>>
>>2414269
This, gorillas are intelligent enough to communicate but physically incapable of speech.
>>
>>2414228
I'm a quarter of a way through reading "chaser" the smartest dog in the world capable of remembering 1000 names of her toys and finding a new toy by recognizing she has not seen it before, also she's capable of understanding whole sentances, that's one fucking smart dog man, can't wait untill the evolve vocal cords it's going to be a wild ride but the 2672 dog revolution MUST happen.
>>
>>2414269
So you say that a gorilla can be the same intelligent with an average retard?
>>
>>2414269
it's not the vocal chords that makes us able to talk, but that's the idea, gorillas can't talk and never will
gorillas actually have a sign language naturally, that's why Koko (the gorilla in OP's pic) was able to learn to communicate via sign language with us, her brain already had the structures needed to use this kind of communication
>>
File: human-gorilla.gif (41KB, 1933x885px) Image search: [Google]
human-gorilla.gif
41KB, 1933x885px
>>2414275
the ability to talk isn't provided by vocal chords
and even if they evolved the proper structures in order to talk, their brain should evolve neuronal structures to take advantage of them
That's not happening, and if it was, it wouldn't be in the next 30 000 000 years
>>
>>2414284
Humans with 80=< IQ are still considered "average functional with minor dullness". Most clinically mentally deficient people fall into the 80-70> range. So just taking the IQ into account a gorilla could be a typical member of working class folks.
>>
>>2414290
So an Ethiopian(Ethiopia has average iq 62 )with 62 can be dumber than a gorilla, lmao
>>
>>2414228
it's not possible to calculate a gorilla's iq as we would do with humans, they can't take the same tests as us for obvious reasons
the iqs of animals are estimated with tests that are believed to be equivalent for their species
Consequently, you can't really compare a retard's iq with a gorilla's iq and conclude "oh yeah why can't they talk !"
They have a different organism, different brain structures, a different view of life, etc
Furthermore, Koko was raised by humans and trained constantly, she's not representative of wild gorillas' intelligence, only of their potential
>>
>>2414293
Of course I'm going by an American average but in terms of the IQ test itself, if OP's claim is to be believed, then gorillas actually achieve a higher score than many African communities. The problem is the IQ test is limited by test bias and the fact human intelligence has multiple facets that also need to be studied in other animals, such as creative intelligence and true self awareness and self concept. But I do believe they are highly intelligent creatures in terms of fluid intelligence and can be trained to use crystallized intelligence with a broader set of skills than most mammals.
>>
>>2414228
>Retarded people can talk and they have iq under 70 iq,or higher.

IQ is really about problem solving, and talking isn't about problem solving as much as it is about memory and practicing how to use your mouth and tongue. Interestingly enough, there are windows of development that take place while we grow from infant to adulthood, and learning to talk can only be done by children within a certain time period, and if they don't learn it then, then they'll never learn it at all.

Human and animal intelligence can be compared by using simple problem solving tests that both can examine and solve. This is often done with human kids, and adult primates do better at some things than do human kids....and even some dumb ass adults. This gives us a general idea about their intelligence.
>>
>>2414271
but gorillas dont even have family values..how can they be intelligent.I think they can be smarter than a human only in survival situations.
>>
>>2414737
They do moarn if their family member dies
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.