[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on animal fights? Also, anyone have the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: yabby.webm (3MB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
yabby.webm
3MB, 480x320px
What are your thoughts on animal fights?

Also, anyone have the manly yabby fanart?
>>
>>2413549
Between stuff like dogs or chickens? Don't like them at all and I'm glad they're illegal. Between insects and such? They're usually pretty awesome.
I always enjoy seeing that one webm with the hornet instantly being cut in half.
>>
>>2413549
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-aNOhTgLAY
This is pretty great if you want a series by an arthropodology-illiterate aussie putting black widows in cage matches with other bugs and skinks. It's toy channel as fuck but entertaining none the less.
>>
>>2413549
bug fights are cool

Armored beetles OP Pls nerf
>>
>>2413578
why the discrepancy?
>>
File: Comfy.gif (327KB, 834x870px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy.gif
327KB, 834x870px
>>2413742
Because I can't empathize with insects. They also breed in the thousands, aren't as advanced or intelligent as most mammals or birds, and they tend to lead short lives.
I mean, I don't go out of my way to step on spiders or cut roaches in half or anything like that, I just don't really care if they die for sport across the sea.
>>
>>2413549
naturally occurring in the wild? fine. man-made situation? gay as fuck.
>>2413753
Then surely you can understand people who can't empathize with chickens?
>>
>>2413755
Of course, I never said I couldn't.
>>
>>2413753
Dogs and chickens have the potential to live more rich lives, but they may also be conditioned to the gladiatorial lifestyle. There's some give-and-take, which makes me believe that both fighting realms are equally reprehensible.
>>
Reprehensible and should not be done.
The japanese insect fights can be cool though regardless. Its kinda like a bad car wreck
>>
>>2413549
Between bugs is cool.

I like animal fights in the wild, i hate blood sports tho.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-22-00-07-31.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-22-00-07-31.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>2413761
I gained new respect for the palawan stag beetle
>>
>>2413549
I always get really annoyed when people make scorpions fight things that don't really have any method of delivering their own venom. The scorpion's going to win every fucking time. Why even bother?
>>
>>2414400

I hate when rats are forced to fight too many times.
>>
>>2414413
Aren't rats usually the toughest ones? It's not even a fight most of the time with them, it's just waiting until they get bored and eat whatever is in the cage with them.
>>
A well matched fight between beetles that could possibly meet in the wild, it's okay, since it's pretty hard for them to damage each other.
>>
Love bug fights, chicken fights are basically bug fights, dog fights are awful cuz doggos feel bad and hurt and are abused going into them
>>
>>2413549
I love animal fights. Dog fighting, cock fighting, rat fighting, stallion fighting, it's all entertaining.
>tfw /an/ will only allow some kinds of animal fighting but not others
>tfw /an/ will allow some kinds of gore and violence but not others
Makes no sense.
>>
>>2413667
jesus fuck why do people continue to live in australia
>>
>>2414473
You might have autism or asspergers if it makes no sense to you.
>>
>>2414486
Not sure
if I were to live there i'd have to be so rich that I could build a series of futuristic domes that you can seal off and torch easily
>>
>>2414467
Yes, but sometimes they don't recover before they have the time to heal, rats rekt everything
>>
>>2414498
I think the mods are autistic
>Let gif of snapping turtle in a tank chomp a mouse in half slide
>bans for gifs of mice fighting each other
I honestly don't see how being chopped in half and still living is allowed but fighting, often not even to the death, is not.
>>
>>2413549
If animals fight in the nature and humans happen to be around to film it, that's fine. But if humans deliberately put animals into a small contained setting where they're set up to fight, I'm not okay with that. Doesn't matter what species they are.

>>2414573
Where did they let that turtle gif stay? From what I've seen, usually that gets deleted if people post it on blue boards.
>>
>>2414573

I was banned for an entire month once for posting a video of a rabbit attacking a snake to defend her babies. Wasn't a fight video, neither animal was killed, someone was just filming it outside. It seems arbitrary as fuck.
>>
>>2414583
>It seems arbitrary as fuck.
Looking at the rules it mentions animal cruelty,
>Posting images depicting animal cruelty is strictly forbidden.
So webms, gifs and videos should be fine.
Also assuming it's animal cruelty under us law, anything but dog fighting should be okay.
>>
>>2414748
gifs, webms and videos are just animated images, even if they weren't, your argument against it is based solely on semantics because it doesn't use autistically precise language.
>>
>>2414751
My argument against what?
>>
>>2414748
Footage of a rabbit defending its young from a snake is not animal abuse.
As unusual as that particular video is you would expect an animal and nature board to want to discuss it.
>>
>>2414577
You will see it stay in predation threads, ripping and tearing threads, etc where much less abusive shit like >>2414583 gets banned or things that happen without any human intervention, like porcupine dog, will cause complete fucking chaos. But forcing animals to fight each other, as long as a mod doesn't care about said animals, is a-ok.

Personally I think the rules should be if the violence is created by humans, like throwing a chicken to a tiger or forcing two animals to fight, should not be allowed. But if it happens in nature where two bugs are fighting or an animal is eating it's natural prey alive, it should be allowed Because we have that nature bit after animals. However, like the rest of the world, no one cares if it isn't cute.
>>
>>2413549
eh, for me it's all fucked up; I like bugs as much as higher vertebrates, so ...
>>
>>2414765
based
>>
>>2414398
Why are crabs so weak?
I've never seen one win a fight
>>
Why are stag beetles so OP, they almost never lose fights
>>
>>2414472
Chickens feel bad and hurt too if you hurt them, and they feel nice and love to cuddle if you treat them like they're worth something. Chickens are pretty social birds and they absolutely have some self-awareness.

https://youtu.be/Rez-u39PKIg
The only thing holding them back from being great house pets is the bowel control issue, but thats a physical problem with all birds.
>>
>>2416325
Smile
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.