[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is cuttlebone harvest sustainable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Seems like they must be going through a hell of a lot of cuttlefish to supply the pet market when you're getting one bone per fish.
>>
>>2412373
the entire fishing industry isn't sustainable. the numbers keep dropping at an alarming rate
>>
I assume they breed them in terrible and cheap conditions for this
>>
>>2412382
this. i don't know why this isn't talked about more. the same people who will have a deep vein thrombosis about someone paying hundreds of thousands of dollars to kill a single, protected land mammal will happily chow down on countless, wild, unprotected sea creatures that have been essentially pillaged from the ocean
>>
>>2412391
No. Cuttlefish aren't economical to breed/farm.
>>
They wash up on the beach you dumdum
>>
>>2412541
You really think they're able to keep up with supplying the market by handing out pennies to old third-worlder women combing the beach to come up with a half dozen dirty, chipped cuttlebones a day?
>>
>>2412373
how are those things useful to us in any way?
>>
>>2412952
Your birds can chew on them.
>>
I thought they all came from bycatch
>>
>>2412404
pretty sure current 20 year olds is the last generation able to enjoy real wild caught assorted seafood for affordable prices for all their remaining lives. And my father generation was about wild caught salmon and other big deal river and internal sea fish. That one is on industrialization, but here it's "Thank you sushi".
>>
>>2414634
Tfw allergic to seafood and can't even enjoy what I have but my grandchildren maybe won't
>>
>>2414638
>allergic to seafood

What kind specifically? Just shellfish? Because there's a shit load of seafood and it is impossible to be allergic to it all.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.