[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your favourite mouse trap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14

File: 27190924.jpg (33KB, 586x465px) Image search: [Google]
27190924.jpg
33KB, 586x465px
I like using a water bucket but it isn't really a quick kill for them. Anyone have any better suggestions for killing a lot at once?
>>
>>2411181
Pungi Pit
>>
File: bottle trap.jpg (91KB, 624x582px) Image search: [Google]
bottle trap.jpg
91KB, 624x582px
>>2411181
Just use the 5-gallon bucket/trashcan method. They try to climb on something that rotates in order to eat peanut butter then fall into the bucket/trashcan which has a few inches of water where they drown. google it.
>>
>>2411216
I have been using that but I feel bad for having them drown for a while. Something that instantly crushes the skull or spine is more of what I'm looking for.
>>
>>2411226
Then buy a normal mousetrap
>>
File: victor_e_trap.jpg (42KB, 630x270px) Image search: [Google]
victor_e_trap.jpg
42KB, 630x270px
Victor electronic mouse trap -- it electrocutes them.

I think with trap and price of 4 AA batteries, it was $20 a piece. I bought two traps. Caught two mice the same night (and several more since).

It advertizes "100 kills" per battery, though one trap died after a dozen or so. Still, very effective and easy to use. Bait once and use again and again.
>>
>>2411181
Fuck you, asshole.
I just caught a wild mouse 4 hours ago and you should suffer the same fate.

I'd fucking love to see a human skull crushed for his transgressions against the animal kingdom.
Oh, wait, god will do it. Seriously dude enjoy starving to death on glue traps for eternity.

You're going to love it.
>>
>had left over mouse traps set from the people before me
>A year after living there I looked over at one and saw it had finally caught one
>Lactating female
>Found desperate, eyes still closed starving baby mice crawling around the house for the next few days
>Scooped them up
>Hand reared them
>Even had them in my pocket at work so I could low key feed them until they were old enough to be released

Made me feel like a monster. I've had me before in my old house but only 1 or 2 came in when my yard flooded, and they fucked off pretty fast. No idea what they or if they were eating since I checked everywhere for holes, chewing and mouse droppings but I think they just wanted shelter so their short stays didn't cause an issue.
>>
>>2411284
You're someone who never had a garden or grew his own food
>>
>>2411181
I dunno.. you could try the Goodnature traps. Instant kill and automatically empties:

https://youtu.be/O4DPXrgxBOE

Or have a trap that collects a bunch of vermin and then dispatch them VERY quickly & humanely this way:

https://youtu.be/cNEMgm-gxow
>>
>>2411579
>deathbycurrent.lol
i once had a roomy who dispatched his feeder mice this way. Large batches, Instant, clean, no fucking around with CO2, dry ice, or vinegar-banking soda, or cervical dislocation. They all just fell over at a flick of the switch.
>>
>>2411284
you should be embarrassed for placing mice on a equal level with humans. your moral superiority is also astoundingly high, consider that stupid ass mice dont fucking matter outside of your child/woman brain
>>
>>2411200
hello /k/
>>
>>2411284
Boy it sure is summer in here
>>
>>2411284
I blocked up a few mouse holes in my house and just let them starve to death. A few times I heard them desparetly trying to scratch/dig out the metal plugs but it didn't work, they died and their corpses rotted away. It smelled quite a lot for a bit but nothing some bleach can't fix.
>>
>>2411181
if you only have a few getting(borrowing) a cat i think it s the best solution. if not at least get something that get s the job fast without making them suffer. they are living beings and although i have my share number of animals that i dislike i don;t believe they should have some horrifying and painful death
>>
I have a snake living in my walls, that seems to work pretty well
>>
File: voldy.jpg (54KB, 580x438px) Image search: [Google]
voldy.jpg
54KB, 580x438px
>>2412848
yes, let that snake be, he means no harm
>>
>>2411284
>>/lgbt/
>>
Call me a pussy faggot but I use a humane trap and then drive 5min to dump them in the local woods. I was going to kill them after they got into the trap but the first time I caught a rat, it struggled and screamed like a fucking baby in pain and I saw how much it wanted to live and decided to be merciful.
>>
>>2413958

You're a pussy faggot. There. Happy now?
>>
File: IMG_4023.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4023.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>2411284
>>2412447
>>2414270
>>
Theres nothing more relaxing than sitting back and watching "mouse vs rattlesnake" videos on youtube. None of that pussy constrictor stuff, just good old bite 'em & watch their blood thicken to gel vids.
>>
File: 1497468114832.jpg (27KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1497468114832.jpg
27KB, 583x583px
>>2413958
You're an awesome person.
>>
>>2413958
you fell for its trick
>>
>>2411284
Don't you worry my friend, when push comes to shove and overpopulation becomes a real problem, you and your retarded anti human kind will be the first to be slaughtered and processed
>>
File: 1496776334588.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1496776334588.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>2411284
>>2413958
You are good people... /An/ seems like just sadistic fuckers killing and torturing animals
>>
File: images (68).jpg (35KB, 421x349px) Image search: [Google]
images (68).jpg
35KB, 421x349px
>>2415762
>I'd fucking love to see a human skull crushed
>enjoy starving to death on glue traps for eternity

>good people
>>
>>2415787
This is the first mention of glue traps in this thread.
>>
>5 days
>8 (you)s
>mouse was deer mouse
>escaped 24 inch tall bucket
>jumped 5 feet onto floor off of shelf
>got under stove and crawled up into it
>pissed only freshly scrubbed floor
>got snapped by a Victor trap

I'm caring of rodents, but not tolerant of mouse antics. He got what he deserved.
>>
last rat we killed we used bromadiolone and a watering can. it was much quicker than the time before that when my boss used his walking stick
>>
File: 1493475899223.png (88KB, 568x548px) Image search: [Google]
1493475899223.png
88KB, 568x548px
>>2411181
>>
File: tomcat.jpg (31KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tomcat.jpg
31KB, 500x333px
>>2411181
Tomcat Press N Set. I just use something with a strong odor like ham at bait. Put them next to the fridge and its over in a few seconds.

I prefer these over the other snap traps since they seem a lot more sturdy.
>>
>>2411284
>8 replies

What's wrong with this board?
>>
>>2416500
Wouldn't ham attract flies? Plain old peanut butter works for me.
>>
>>2416509
They thought I wouldn't break it's neck the second it escaped and pissed on the floor.

Well. It escaped and pissed on the floor. I broke it's neck and threw it in the yard and chopped it up with the mower.
Also it's summer.
>>
>>2413958
this is what I do
only really get them during the winter which lasts like 2-3 months anyway
besides they bring in the sneks
>>
>>2417673
>2-3 months

We just got done an October to March winter in the northeast. It's still getting down to 50 degrees at 8pm-8am. Yay, chemtrails!
>>
File: beastie1.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
beastie1.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
He's pretty good. Last time I caught a mouse, I put it in a clear container and held it in front of him so the mouse understands to fuck off and never come back.
>>
>>2415762
/an/ only does this in shitposting threads. The generals tend to have good compassionate people in them.
>>
>>2411181
Why does it look like that vaginal torture thing?
>>
>>2416500
thats what i use to but they do break after enough uses. the box says to throw away the trap after you catch a mouse. what savage doesn't reuse it.

i use fishfood.
>>
>>2418028
I think it's called an eagle claw trap. It's supposed to puncture mice and fish to trap and/or kill them.
>>
>>2418028
You're thinking of the pear of anguish
>>
>>2411284
>>
>>2417701
>chemtrails
Kill yourself.
>>
>>2417592
Not really, it dries up quickly. I used to use PB, but I get a little worried it might weld the switch to the base.
>>2418076
I'm guilty of throwing it after one use. Not sure how mice react to smelling the possible demise of another, though I've thought about disinfecting them and resetting it.

I did have an issue with one recently where a mouse tried to grab the food and run for it. Instead, it got its tail and foot stuck and dragged it around the kitchen. It wasn't until early morning I found it still moving around. Felt bad that it went through that pain overnight.
>>
>>2418317
The dont seem to notice the smell of the previous dead bodies that have veen on the trap before it. Also sometimes bits of fur. They are expensive by me for many as i use.
>>
>>2418181
That was just an elaborate gag. Never went in any other orifice and didn't cause any real damage.
>>
>>2411181
>killing mice
>not making them part of your immortal animal army to help take over the world.
>>
nothing works without cats they came again and again
>>
buy snakes eats mouse it may works on mouse.
>>
>>2418028
> vaginal torture thing

Damn girl does it hurt you that much? Usually people just say it's cold. I've never heard of someone thinking they're painful. Do you have that thing where your cooch can't open?

OP what i usually do is smoke them out, suck them up in a car vacuum and throw them in the woods. A lot cheaper and nothing dies.
>>
have anyone ever died from being bit by rat or mice?
>>
>>2420692
Funny you should ask...
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jury-sides-with-petco-after-boy-dies-from-rat-bite-fever/
>>
>>2413958
mice are cannibals to let you know. a guy did a youtube vid about how killing them straight up is better than trapping them in a confined space alive because they will tear each other to shreds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNWJIkjOupg
>>
File: wall snake.jpg (331KB, 476x791px) Image search: [Google]
wall snake.jpg
331KB, 476x791px
>>2412993
pic related, it's him. I went out and took some pictures and tried to grab the snake but he went straight for this quarter sized hole I didn't know was in the outside wall.
>>
>>2420985
Nice. Do you know what species he is?
>>
>>2420967
Rodent Thunderdome
'2 mice enter, 1 mouse leaves.'
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.