[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vet/Animal General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Guinea 1.png (55KB, 158x160px) Image search: [Google]
Guinea 1.png
55KB, 158x160px
Ask any questions relating animals or veterinary medicine.

If you want ADVICE on a specific animal please write answer:
Breed
Issue
Any coughing, vomiting, sneezing, diarrhea?
Vaccine status
Plus any other pertinent info

I can only give you ideas of what your animal may have an appropriate diagnostic tests. Please do not substitute my advice for a veterinarian visit.

*ALWAYS TAKE YOUR ANIMALS TO THE VET DESPITE ADVICE I CANNOT DIAGNOSE YOUR ANIMAL WITHOUT APPROPRIATE TESTING*
>>
Dog started to do that thing where they jump in the air before they spin around to run off during play, but when he landed from the jump he started yelping. Wouldn't put weight on his back left paw (dragged it on the ground as he limped in circles) before falling down, still crying. Inspected paw for foreign objects, touched and lightly squeezed toes/ankle/leg to see where the pain was, but no reaction and no blood. He got up a moment later and seemed perfectly fine. Jumped in and out of the car, walked back home, played with his wobbler with no apparent issues.

What happened? I was ready to run him to the emergency vet for the 6 seconds he was laying on the ground crying, but now he seems fine.
>>
>>2410349

1 1/2 year old male neutered Great Pyr, vaccines up to date, no other issues
>>
I don't want my dog to ever die. Any inside secrets you can pass on...
>>
>>2410074
My dog ate a new dog treat, but couldn't keep it down and was vomiting all day now a day later she still hasn't touched her food.

Going to give it up to another day, but should force feeding ever be considered?
>>
>>2410350
It's possible that he could have hurt his muscle or joints. Imagine being as large as a Pyrenees and jumping a little off because you were excited. Joints can withstand force but if done improperly, he could have momentarily hurt himself.

>>2410378
Hey anon, no real secrets. Find yourself a good vet that does a good physical exam every 6 months and bloodworm every year. Make sure the vet checks the anal glands with his fingers during the physical.

>>2410489
Next time use the template provided. you can try to feed the dog plain chicken and white rice to settle the stomach in the meanwhile. I wouldn't recommend force feeding.
>>
>>2410616
>feed the dog plain chicken and white rice
She ate a piece of chicken and immedietely came back up and hasn't touched another piece of food in 4 hours
>>
>>2410616

Thanks for the assurance. Ive never had an animal cry like that so I was pretty scared. He's super cuddly and loving right now.
>>
>>2410617
What was the treat? Does your dog like to ingest things?
The main possibilities that could have happened are dietary indiscretion (your dog ate something that bothered its stomach and should be fine with time), pancreatitis (the treat was very high in fat and has irritated its pancreas), or it has eaten something that you weren't aware of (sock, string, toy, rock) and is blocked emergency surgery may be needed.

You can take your dog to the vet so they can ask more probing questions, do a proper physical exam, and run diagnostics (if needed).
>>
>>2410074
You know people will be coming to you instead of going to a vet, right?
>>
File: 20170607_125642.jpg (3MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170607_125642.jpg
3MB, 4128x3096px
My dog has a fatty tumor that keeps growing a little bit under her eye and it itches and my golden almost 14 year old keeps opening it up.
Its too dangerous to remove it but is there anything to stop the itch?

It isnt a dangerous growth but the bolge is under her eye when it heals a bit
>>
STOP TRYING TO PROVIDE ADVICE WITHOUT ANY EDUCATION. This is coming from someone who works at an animal hospital and is going to vet school, this person has little to no knowledge on animal medicine and gets his info from Dr. Google. Trust me if your dog has an issue go to the vet because a written description alone is not enough to come up with an accurate diagnosis of your pets health.
>>
>>2410617
A bit of Pepto Bismol, liquid. Be concerned if the vomiting is a lot more often or no water in a day. Be concerned if it lasts more than a day, is constant or the vomiting is not productive. This doesn't hold for dogs with issues such as diabetes, they need to go within hours.
http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/pepto-bismol-for-dogs/
>>
>>2410901
As mentioned, I said I cannot diagnose. Please read. Also, you can learn something from me, colleague, I am your elder in the field.

>I can only give you ideas of what your animal may have an appropriate diagnostic tests. Please do not substitute my advice for a veterinarian visit.

>*ALWAYS TAKE YOUR ANIMALS TO THE VET DESPITE ADVICE I CANNOT DIAGNOSE YOUR ANIMAL WITHOUT APPROPRIATE TESTING*

>>2411379
Please do not give advice on my thread.

>>2410819
Has the mass been diagnosed as a fatty mass?
It'd be typical to remove a mass that is bothering the patient. How did you come up with 'too dangerous to remove'
>>
>>2412258
Alright keep doing what your doing then
>>
>>2410074
my brother has been hurting my guinea pig and now he is scared of everyone. Anyway to make him trust me again?
>>
>>2412335
kill your brother in front of him.
>>
>>2412335
Hurt your brother in front of the guinea pig to demonstrate you are the alpha guinea and will not tolerate infighting in your pack.
>>
>>2410074
My cat is breathing EXTREMELY quickly, around 120x/min.

>Age:
5 Months
>Sexual Status:
Male, intact
>Breed:
??
>Issue:
Breathing frequency is extremely high
>Any coughing, vomiting, sneezing, diarrhea:
No

It's currently quite hot in Germany and both him and my other cat pant when playing for too long but he's quicker to be exhausted.
Like i said his breathing frequency when lying down (measured ~20min after play) is at over 100x/min.
Very shallow and quick breathing, mostly regular though.
Gums and eyes look healthy, I'll go to the vet tomorrow but I'd still like input.
>>
File: 20170621_190927.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170621_190927.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>2410074
I've been seeing a blueish hue in my pugs eyes ( she is a little over a year old now ) I'm worried she will go blind early and would like to catch it early if it's anything serious. I've posted this in previous vet q&a's. Pic related
>>
>>2413201
could be a heart abnormality, lung issue (in or around lungs), traumatic diaphragmatic hernia, FIP, or just heat
Breathing issues in cats should definitely be investigate. Thoracic xrays are definitely something I would suggest if the vet finds that the breathing pattern and effort are abnormal

>>2413712
same vet. get your pugs eyes dilated and a fundic exam along with blood work to rule out diabetes or any other disease.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.