[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horrible fleas

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (196KB, 1166x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 1166x1200px
Is it just me or are fleas horrible this year? Twice a week I powder and vacuum my carpet. I spray every day in the house, and weekly outside. Planted mint around house because why not? Dogs have flea collars, frontline drops, sprayed with flea spray when they go ham on a certain area, and eat Brewers yeast. I vacuum all upholstery weekly, change the bedding weekly, mop weekly, and sweep daily. We just moved into this house in winter, could there have been dormant flea eggs? Is that even a thing? I have two Great Danes and a ferret, no other animals. Ferret is on drops too ofc.
Side note: I'm new here, if there is a general I'll move there.
>>
>>2409493
Slugs and potato bugs are EXTREMELY bad too.

I seriously think chemtrail planes are dropping insect eggs to destroy our food and make us lose our minds. There are over 800 slugs per ten square feet, it's been fucking 40 degrees in June and nothing is going right.

You're not the only one with severe insect populations this year.
>>
>>2409499
Slugs were bad for us last year, I couldn't open my door in the morning without at least 5 on the door and even more on the porch. I wish I had the slugs instead of fleas desu, slugs are cute and their slime us good for you, fleas are just an all out menace, I haven't even been letting the dogs sleep by me because of them.
>>
>>2409493
Yeah, it could have been dormant flea eggs, especially if you've been keeping the a/c off to save money. They usually won't hatch until the temp is above 68°F

>planted mint
FYI, if you're looking for "natural" repellents, cedar oil is one I've used. I put a few drops into my mopping solution and mop the wood/tile floor with it. Don't use it if you have cats though; not sure about ferrets.

Also, they can live in house plants too. You'll have to get rid of those.
>>
Also you should vacuum daily. Weekly isn't enough. And throw away the contents of your canister every time.
>>
File: 56a8f3d25f832.jpg (603KB, 1200x837px) Image search: [Google]
56a8f3d25f832.jpg
603KB, 1200x837px
>>2409493
Winter was unusually mild. There's a shit load of insects this year. Same for song birds. I've never seen so many found fledgling threads either. Nothing hibernated this past winter or traveled south.

Also, for fleas, one of the BEST flea traps is using a night light positioned over top of an aluminum turkey pan or plate. In the pan/plate you put soapy water. The fleas go for the light/heat and fall into the water where they drown. You can catch nearly every flea with this trap.
>>
>>2410578
>using a night light positioned over top of an aluminum turkey pan or plate. In the pan/plate you put soapy water.
I second this. I do this every once in a while without the fear of fleas as well just because it gives you a good idea as to what it in your house with you and how their populations are playing out. If you see a flea or two you don't need to panic so much but it'll let you know you have them in the environment and the extent to which they're present so keep doing it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.