[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would a world without rats and roaches be like? Better or worse?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: A_world_without.jpg (41KB, 600x311px) Image search: [Google]
A_world_without.jpg
41KB, 600x311px
What would a world without rats and roaches be like? Better or worse?
>>
>>2407411
worse
/thread
>>
Much worse. Important parts of food chains and can play very important roles. We think of them so badly as they happen to thrive through our waste so have become over represented in their positions in the world and nature.

roaches are also very diverse and the world would have a lot of beautiful creatures ripped from it if all roaches were wiped out.
>>
A world without rats for raptors and snakes would be like a world without cows or chickens for humans. There are birds and lizards that feed on roaches too.
>>
Rats are based. Perfect life teaching material for kids.
"Here are rats, cuddly smart pets, lab sufferers for our future, food for wild or captive birds and snakes, but still trying to fight off a bigger predator given a chance, food stockpile pests to get rid of, lethal decease vector, one of the few on the way to develop opposable thumbs [...]" Ok now I'm making shit up but all this is rats.
>>
Everything has its place

Take away wolves from a forest and the deer will eat all the vegetation near the river that will cause the temperature to rise which means less fish, and that's without going down the entire rabbit hole of effects
>>
>>2407411
If you took them out now, bad.
If the world came to somehow not have rats or roaches, I'm sure some other critters would fill their functions.
>>
I don't mind rats but I could sure do without roaches and mosquitos. Birds can get fucked.
>>
>>2407414
You can't /thread yourself. Fucking moron
>>
>>2407652
twas a joke
>>
>>2407411
Better. The idiots in this thread only think that one organism requires to feed on a specific food, hence why we haven't eradicated mosquitos yet even though there is already a diverse amount of substitutes for food.
>>
>>2407411
Nice crop, why would you crop out the jews and niggers?
>>
>>2407615

And they'd be more destructive, most likely.

They eat waste. No roaches or rats? More flies, ants and other waste-eaters. I'd rather have rats and roaches than more of those two.

Some things you have to live with. Like black ants or red ants. If you kill all the black ants, red ones will move in.
>>
The real question is would the world be better off without wasps and mosquitoes?
>>
>>2407745
No.
Wasps are major pollinators too, and mosquitoes are important food for insectivores.
>>
>>2407411
>The real question is would the world be better off without wasps and mosquitoes?

Need wasp to kill those pesty cabbage worm.
>>
>>2407411
Is there an one animal that the world WOULD be better off without? Or at the very least, the effect of their loss would be negligible enough that we could cope with it?
>>
>>2407789

Communism.
>>
>>2407656
>he thinks there is a viable substitute for rodents
>>
>>2407411
Jews and Turks will not be missed
>>
>>2407789
niggers
>>
>>2407789
Probably one species with like 20 members that lives next to a hydrothermal vent or something.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.