[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you still train a 3 year old Jack Russel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 5c52b56baa2767272a5116797998144b.jpg (114KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
5c52b56baa2767272a5116797998144b.jpg
114KB, 1280x854px
My parents had him since he was littke but didn't bother to train him, so he picked up a few bad habits such as begging from the table. One of the worst is that he's very aggressive towards cats (in a seemingly playful way, it's hard to explain). Is it still possible to fix this behaviour or is it too late?
>>
>>2406823
Being aggressive towards cats isn't a bad habit.
With the begging I trained my dog by offering him a plate of food and then smacking him on the head with an empty plate when he went for the food. He doesn't beg at all. You can offer him a steak on a plate and he'll turn his head and walk away.
>>
>>2406835
Problem is that the house where he is right now has a cat. It would be great if they both could walk around freely without me constantly having to separate him.
>>
>>2406823
No. Absolutely not.

Ignore the dog and leave, they bring cops every week because of noise violations.
>>
>>2406846
Noise is really not a problem where I live.
>>
>>2406850
You're deaf.
Outdoor kept jack russels bark every two seconds for 12 hours a day.
>>
>>2406857
I know what he's like.
>>
How much exercise does he get? Does he get any kind of mental stimulation? Before you can expect a dog to behave, you have to do something with his energy.

With begging, you can buy a baby gate and keep him away from the room while you're eating, or just ignore him. My sister's Schnauzer is a shit but doesn't come near my plate because I just don't give her anything off my plate.

Terriers have a pretty high prey drive. I'm not sure how to fix this with the cat.

Our new pupper is six and I've managed to get him better walking. He can still get worked up, but it isn't the pull fest it was when he first came home. It'll be a slow process, but if you work with the pup, he'll improve. There are some pretty good training videos on Youtube. I like Kikopup, Zak George (has some annoying ads to skip through, but it's been useful), and Training Positive.

If you can afford it, you can try going to training classes.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.