[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HELP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 20170613_195148.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170613_195148.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
How do I clean the water in this bowl?!
>>
>>2406440
just change it.
>>
>>2406441
Well,how the fuck do I do that?
>>
>>2406443
>Remove fish
>put in someplace safe(in a baggy full of the old water
>dump old water
>replace with new water
>reacclimate fish to new water temp by putting the bag in the new water til they are the same temp
>add fish to water
>gg, I've never even had a fish
>>
>>2406443
fill a cup with treated water, stick the fish in it.

dump out the bowl.

fill the bowl with new water.

treat the water.

dump the fish in the bowl.

try to make sure the new water is the same temperature as the old water.
>>
>>2406447
>>2406450
ugh..... is there not an easier way?
>>
>>2406450
Should clean clean everything else in the bowl too?
>>
>>2406452
clorox?
>>
>>2406452
You're a fucking idiot and your fish needs more space.
>>
>>2406462
debatable
>>
>>2406465
Posters: 6
Replies: 9

Shut the fuck up, op.
Change the water and stop crying about it.,,
>>
>>2406468
I will, once you tell me a good way to go about it
>>
>>2406470
PUT IT INTO A 10-15G TANK FUCKER.
GO AWAY.
>>
>>2406470
>>2406477
With a filter*

There. It will be much easier to clean and your fish won't look like shit and will be much happier.
>>
>>2406440
Im glad you rescued him OP
>>
>>2406488
And a heater unless OP lives in the tropics.
>>
>>2406477
They are very inactive fish unless you're feeding them. They dont need lots of room.

>>2406488
He doesn't look like shit. He's very pretty.
>>
>bowl
Well there's your first problem
>>
>>2406497
They shouldn't live in a tiny bowl. Just because they can live in small spaces, doesn't mean they should. When I had Bettas in 5 and 10 gallons, they were only inactive when they were sleeping on their plants.

It doesn't need a mansion but your Betta care if far outdated and misinformed. With a larger place, filter and heater(if needed), he will thrive much better, be less likely to get sick or fin rot and live longer. The smaller the tank, the easier it is to fuck up and more likely the chemicals will stack you especially when you think changing a bowl is too much work to begin with.
>>
>>2406497
>Unless you're feeling them
>>
>10/10 /aq/ bait would trigger again
>>
>>2406497
>They are very inactive fish unless you're feeding them

Op, I have three bettas. I can vouch and say they are not inactive, they just don't swim as strongly or as fast as some fish.

I have an 8 gallon, a 10 gallon, and a 5 gallon. 5 gallon is the easiest, but they are all pretty easy because the filters do most of the work and I only have to take a bit of water out once a week and pour some new water in.

The reason they seem inactive is because they are actually somewhat intelligent and need some mental stimulation. In the wild they hunt and try to attract mates, or fight for their territory.

In a bowl, there isn't even plants to mess around with and look for food in.

I mean, you could just clean his water and be done with it, but then you have a boring fish that really only ever does anything when it's feeding time.

A little 5 gallon fits pretty well on a desk, and you could put in some fake plants and a cave, and the fish will be a lot funner to watch explore the tank. Also, your fish could not be moving much cause it's cold. They like warm water between 75-85 F
>>
>>2406440
Fishes are for beta cucks

Try a doggo
>>
>>2406553
>funner
*more fun
>>
>>2406560
Lol
Especially betas lol
>>
>>2406565
The sentence makes more sense to me the other way.
>>
>>2406452
Maybe keeping a fish isn't for you if that's too much work. Or you're just a lazy nigger.
>>
Get a goldfish. You only have to do minimal work. They will survive in the shittiest of conditions and you don't need to do anything special to the water when you clean the bowl. Just fill from the tap.
>>
>>2406586
Can I keep it with the betta?
>>
>>2406588
I think so. 2 betas will fight (lol) but it would probably be ok with the goldfish as long as they're the same size. Goldfish aren't aggressive, they're pretty chill.
>>
>>2406553
People like you always make me want to rescue a betta but then I remember how much I despise cleaning my RES tank.
>>
>>2406590
Okay, I'll buy a goldfish too tomorrow.
>>
>>2406591
Bettas don't make a big mess like that.
>>
>>2406440
throw everything including the fish into the garbage
>>
>>2406586
"Survive" is the important word there.
Goldfishes like that can survive months, maybe a couple years.
Goldfishes in proper conditions can live 30 years.
>>
File: 1497107992590.jpg (78KB, 714x714px) Image search: [Google]
1497107992590.jpg
78KB, 714x714px
>>2406452
Cleaning a bowl is the easiest thing for a pet owner, fuck even my 5 yearold nephew cleans his fish bowl. Stop being a lazy fuck or return the betta you retard
>>
>round bowl
>no circulation or filter
>probably not even using any ager
Dont own a fish please , OP.
>>
>>2406711
why would I want to have a fish for 30 years
>>
>>2406936
Then don't buy fishes that can't fit you.
Have a list.
https://www.thespruce.com/g00/lifespans-of-aquarium-fish-1378340
>>
>>2406965
which one of these can be kept with my betta
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.