[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 88

Since the last cat general seemed to do well, here's another. Feel free to ask questions, blog post, and post cats. Also looking for more/better info to add for OP.

Food & Nutrition
>http://catinfo.org/docs/Feeding%20Your%20Cat%20-%204%20pages%2011-13.pdf
>http://consciouscat.net/2012/03/22/the-best-food-for-your-cat/

Outside Enrichment
>https://catiospaces.com
>http://www.adventurecats.org/backcountry-basics/train-your-cat-to-walk-on-a-leash/

Behavioral problems
>https://thecatsite.com/threads/inappropriate-peeing-problems-answered.9563/
>http://www.catvets.com/public/PDFs/PracticeGuidelines/FelineBehaviorGLS.pdf

Kitten care
>http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2137&aid=912

Discord link
>https://discord.gg/PkHpg8U
>>
>in before cats are gay
Your gay!
>>
>>2405146
Cats are autistic though
>>
How much would treatment for a cats UTI be?

I want to adopt a cat, but its one of those things where i want to make sure i can financially take care of the fucking thing.

So far it's had 1 UTI and it's one year old. The previous owner assured me it was a UTI and not just a shitty vet using shorthand for blockage/crystals in the urethra causing inflammation.

I dont know what the chances of it happening again is, but would like to ballpark vet visits for that kind of thing. I like in Buttshit, Ohio if that helps.
>>
>>2405190
>everything I don't like is autistic

Can we have a new banphrase yet? Ten thousand posts like this per week and I'm not offended, just fucking sick of seeing it. You guys have done it plenty before. Stop tolerating this garbage.
>>
>>2405144
>links for cat nutrition
>they cite themselves as sources for info

Lmao no

>non gmo cat food only
Cool, hopefully i can get him to wear this tiny tinfoil hat i made him eventually too.
>>
>cat almost never pisses in the litterbox: she goes in the litterbox, but raises her ass too high and pisses on the wall
Anyone have similar issues? She sometimes does this when the litterbox's been just cleaned, maybe she just has bad aim?

>>2405231
Depends on how quickly you realize the cat has an UTI and how bad it i, honestly. Now that it's had a UTI before, I'd say you watch out on what you feed it with and how much water it drinks, to minimize the risk of another infection. The cost of the treatment depends of what kind of UTI they get (bacterial, fungal, etc), but the antibiotics for the more common and less severe forms of infection tend to be cheap-ish because cats get UTIs from improper food/water intake all the time
>>
>>2405231
UTIs usually clear up with a round of antibiotics. Prices will vary dramatically by vet, but I'd estimate:
>Office call/exam: $30
>Urinalysis: $40
>Clavamox drops: $25

To reduce the incidence of UTIs, feed non-shitty canned food on at least a supplemental basis.The more the better.
>>
>>2405231
A UTI is caused by blockage/crystals in the urethra causing inflammation. So I am unsure what the previous owners mean by this. How is this UTI being diagnosed? Is it because it is pissing outside of the box, or straining to piss? If the former, there's a host of possible issues. A UTI can range as low as $200 to as much as 1k (these prices I just got off of google) depending a lot on how severe it is and the methods used to diagnose. Pee samples are cheap, but sometimes it requires X-Ray to diagnose which isn't so cheap. Usually, UTIs can be prevented by switching the cats to a wet-food only diet and making sure their water is changed at least daily. A lot of UTIs are just caused by dehydration, and cats are notorious for only drinking after they have reached a level of moderately dehydrated. The reason being is that cats tend to get most of their moisture through their food.
>>
>>2405239
Is she older? Sometimes cats will become reluctantvto squat to pee because they become arthritic. Try a high-sided and/or covered box, see if she likes it.
>>
>>2405243
She's 7 years old (or at least I think so, we rescued her 5 years ago and has been showing some signs of aging lately: more white hairs around the ears and mouth, mostly). She plays often and squats fine to take a dump, so I don't know.
I'm gonna try making her box high-sided though, thanks
>>
Anyone have suggestions on a cat water fountain? been looking at amazon but all the faggot reviewers just shows pics of their cat. Anyone have one off there that they've used and liked? also cats are more likely to drink from one of those, right?
>>
>>2405258
>also cats are more likely to drink from one of those, right?
Cats may feel more inclined to drink from them because they find the water movement interesting, yes. They feel also more inclined to drink from stainless-steel or ceramic bowls, because those materials don't affect the water's taste. Putting ice on the water can also help.
Why do you want a cat water fountain, anon?
>>
>>2405265
It would be a larger reservoir of water that stays fresh longer if it has a filter and is being circulated. More convenient for me and the cat both. Currently using a stainless steel bowl, he has no problem drinking at the moment. Purely convenience.
>>
>>2405258
I've got a cat mate pet fountain, had it for about 4 or 5 years now. It's easy to clean, it works well. Never had a problem with it. I'll be honest, I clean the thing like maybe once every 4 months (and I have NEVER replaced the filter yet). It's silent which I love, but you have to keep in mind when the water gets too low. It does start to sputter when the water gets low, but it's not very loud at all and you can easily dismiss it if you aren't careful. If you let it run too low (there's a minimum water level on the side so that you know), theoretically the motor could fuck up. That being said I left it running low one weekend and came back it running dry, and it's still working fine. It's small, so medium to large dogs will demolish the water in it quickly. Water doesn't splash anywhere. My cats really only drink out of the top bit most of the time. I would advise to look into cat mate water fountain reviews if you're curious.
>>
are those chewy foods like meow mix tender centers better than the dry kibble? I understand that wet food is optimal, and i do feed my cat wet food every 2 days or so, but wondering if it gets better the more i pull away from dry ass bullshit
>>
2 questions!

I just got my first cat, his name is Zeus and things are going very well.

Unfortunately I had to take him away from a cat he was used to being around all the time. It was two roommates that were moving out from each other and only one could keep their cat.

He's acclimated fine, but occasionally he will get into loud meowing fits, especially if the apartment is dark. Not yowling, the sound is distinctly a meow, but lets say he has a set of pipes on him. Even if i give him attention during these times he still wanders and does it as though he's searching. I'm assuming it means he misses the other cat. This is fine as the noise isn't bothersome, but just curious, do cats tend to get over something like that or does it last a while?
>>
File: zeus.png (336KB, 570x467px) Image search: [Google]
zeus.png
336KB, 570x467px
>>2405373
>>
>>2405364
Not really. Just because they are chewy doesn't mean they have more water. Take a look at the ingredients; it's mainly grains which are pretty bad for cats. You'd have a better chance with switching to a dry food with more meats and encouraging water. As much as I preach to try and feed canned food, there is no research that shows canned foods vs dry foods are as great of a factor as genetics when it comes to liver and kidney issues.
>>
OK I've been trying to find an ideal litter box setup for my apartment.

Clay tracked everywhere and didn't seem to control odor for more than a few days before it all smelled like ammonia. Also a pain in the ass to scoop because it's heavy and this makes me less likely to scoop which contributes to the prob.

Silica litter seems to control the odor really well. It's easy to scoop because there are no clumps, just turds. The stuff is light and easy to sift through and dig through with a scoop. I find that I'm more likely to scoop the box regularly because it's actually easy now. Still tracks eveyrwhere though. I also heard it might be cancer-causing?

The cats are long hair and it seems like the litter get stuck to their feet. I find it in places where I don't even go so it's not just me tracking it (which I do). I don't see myself trimming their feet hairs.

Would be great if all of the smell and litter were contained in the box. Is this possible?
>>
>>2405258
I like the idea of using an aquarium filter and some kind of water vessel. Non-proprietary (well, to an extent), more modular, aquarium filter can probably run a long ass time without maintenance. But I personally have not tried it.
>>
File: IMG_201706163_065637.jpg (1MB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_201706163_065637.jpg
1MB, 1500x1000px
>>2405406
They extended the chemical """""b vitamin""""" "nutrient" "supplement" program (poisoned wheat program) to cat food now.

Yum, thiamine, riboflavin, reduced iron and everything else your kitty needs!
>>
File: tumblr_o2ee9nsMBZ1twclqho5_1280.jpg (122KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o2ee9nsMBZ1twclqho5_1280.jpg
122KB, 1024x768px
boxes are eternal
>>
>>2405461
Lipped or lidded box is better, requires them to actually kick it to get it out, but consider that silica is sometimes statically charged and can stick to their hair for no reason.
I would just get a lidded box or move it to a hard floor that can be cleaned or swept easily. Mixing different litters might help too.

Silica I don't believe is dangerous at all unless eaten, I mean they stick it in close proximity to food all the time in perforated bags/containers.
>>
>>2405373
It can take a while, who knows if that is even what is bothering him. Unfortunately the last thing you will want to do is give him any attention (good or bad) while he is yowling in the night. It may grow into him doing it to get attention. He might be bored, try to get him some toys he can play with himself and make sure you play with him enough at night before you go to bed. How old is he? Some senile cats will also howl in the middle of the night
>>
>>2405498
Hes 2 years old, and thanks for the info!
>>
File: imgf000004_0001.png (67KB, 1969x1147px) Image search: [Google]
imgf000004_0001.png
67KB, 1969x1147px
>>2405461
Get one of those rubber cat mats foe the box. I keep my cat's litter box in a dog crate and have the crate covered by a blanket to help the smell. That way it isn't so crowded. You could probably find litter that is less tracking and still absorbent.
>>
>>2405481
You dropped your tinfoil hat bro
>>
>>2405364
No idea. Check the packaging of the foods, there should be a moisture% listed.

>>2405373
My old cat did this after her sister died. She mostly stopped after a few weeks/months but would occasionally start calling if it was very quiet in the house.

>>2405481
>4 of 5 first ingredients are corn, wheat, soy
FUCKING F U R I O S O
>>
>>2405231
Feed the cat decent food and they're likely never to get it.
>>
File: DIY-Cat-Water-Fountain2.jpg (91KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
DIY-Cat-Water-Fountain2.jpg
91KB, 500x333px
>>2405475
People have done this before with some success, it's not often very aesthetic and it sounds like anon wants something for convenience. So making something work out will probably be more difficult than ordering a fountain.

But for anyone interested it can be done fairly cheap. Pic related
>>
itt: catfags pretend they don't smell like fucking cat piss all the time
>so clean
>>
>>2405679
>im too lazy to clean my cats litter at the end of each day
>im to shitty to wait until i have a big enough place for a cat, so i put his shit dirt near the kitchen

I know your kind. quit projecting
>>
>>2405682
>i know your kind
no you don't
i don't have a cat because i'm not retarded. i just read this thread about utis and tracking litter everywhere and drew my conclusions
>>
>>2405679
>I don't shower.
>I don't know how to care for an animal and be hygienic.
Don't project oyur inability onto others. I had cats for years and always smelled wonderful. Ya know why? Because I cleaned up my living space and took care of my pet's area too.
>>
>>2405689
i shower every day
the trick to not smelling like cat piss is not harbouring fucking dirty ass cats
>proptip: you don't smell wonderful. you smell like cats - cats smell gross. you smell gross
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>2405692
>>2405688
>>
File: toxoplasmosis.jpg (52KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
toxoplasmosis.jpg
52KB, 625x626px
>>2405694
ftfy
>>
I found out the people left the cat I adopted for adoption did so after they brought him home and found him bleeding from his operation site, so they brought him back and just left him there, he was there for two weeks until I poked my finger into his cage one night, petting the back of his head as he slept, he fired straight up and began to rub against the cage, desperate for a feeling he missed.

What a shame, he is such a sweet little guy, he follows me all over the house and is always sleeping in my room beside me as i play games. We bonded very easily, the first two weeks he came home he was sick and had a cold, he spent 95 percent of his time sitting on my lap trying to absorb as much warmth as he could, it seemed like he never sneezed when he was laying with me.

It feels good to see him happy and beginning to be a bit more independent, it seems to really have made a difference knowing he can still trust people, he is gentle for a young cat, i had to soak his paw twice a day for a week and he never once used his claws even though he desperately tried to escape, pushing the pads of his paw against my cheek and head.

It's been two months and three days.
>>
>>2405725
>this one is bleeding!
>lets take it back and get a new one

I absofuckinglutely hate shitters like that. dogs, cats, any pet. If you view it like an object thats broken instead of a living thing that is hurt, you fucking suck.
>>
Is my cat too thicc? Apologies for the carpeting.
>>
>>2405725
I have a cat like that. No matter how hard he struggles, how hard he tries to get away, or how rough he plays, he absolutely refuses to use his claws on when pawing another human or animal.
>>
File: 1493013165056.jpg (19KB, 260x263px) Image search: [Google]
1493013165056.jpg
19KB, 260x263px
>>2405190
>>
Are lysol air spray fresheners really bad for cats? They really do a good job with the cat smell.
>>
Hey guys, I just got back from college to my house and my parents cat has his eyelid showing and some crusty black spot around his eye but not on it. They told me he's been like that for months! I'm cleaning it rn and he's fine, has an appetite for friskies wet food, but holy shit, do I take him to the vet? BUy some ciprofloxacin on deep web? Help
>>
>>2405235
if you take the word away from them how are they going to construct sentences , anon?
>>
File: what could go wrong.jpg (607KB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
what could go wrong.jpg
607KB, 1824x1368px
>>2405770
Oh look, free belly rubs.
>>
>>2405725
This happens more often than you think. The absolute slightest malfunction will make people bring animals back, it is not uncommon at all for people to bring animals back for a bleeding incision. We have had people bring animals back for more mundane shit.
>>
>>2405969
There is something called Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC) in aerosol cans that allow the compound to evaporate at room temperature due to a low boiling point. VOC can cause irritation of airways, headache, nausea, damage to liver, kidney and central nervous system, and some compounds can cause cancer in animals, and some compounds may cause cancer in humans. This is why you can't use aerosol air fresheners around birds, because their lungs are much more sensitive than ours or a cat or dog. Lysol specifically has Phenol which can cause liver failure if too much is ingested, and it's very bad if your cat ends up lapping it up somehow, and is can burn the tongue and throat. I would not be worried if you only use a small amount though. I think it's when you are inhaling a lot of it in an unventilated area that it becomes a problem, or if the pet gets into it somehow to ingest it.

More about VOCs
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0195925510001125
>>
>>2405996
You have to research perfume too my friend.

Just kidding. You can't. It's contents are protected by the law.
>>
>this morning
>pet him
>he suddendly does this "scared" run'n jump
>hides behind the bathroom's door all day
>still generally rests away from my room
Have i done something wrong? How can i get him to come out more often and come in my room again.

To be precise, if i go pet him he doesn't hiss or anything, hell he pushes his head too strongly even.
>>
>>2405970
Don't buy medicine for your cat; drugs that work for humans have different affects on other animals. For example, valium for cats doesn't do much but make them super hungry. So don't go getting drugs for your cat unless you understand the cat's biology and reaction to chemicals. If you are worried, you probably should take him to the vet, he will probably need eye drops. If you aren't worried yet, keep the eye clean with a moist cloth and try to softly dislodge the gunk, and see if it gets better. Usually when I see eye gunk in otherwise healthy cats it's conjunctivitis but some cats need antibiotics to help clear it up.
>>
My cat isn't processing the food well, he threw up yesterday and is generally not hungry. Been to two vets and they know fuck all.
>>
>>2406040
Maybe you smelled weird, maybe he was playing, maybe he was in pain and associated you with it. It could be a number of things. Try to entice him into your room with treats and playtime. Make your room feel safe and fun, and don't seek him out; let him come to you.
>>2406079
What are you feeding, what times do you feed, and what is the vomit like?
>>
>>2406212
Perfume dude.
It makes animals attack, ignore and become frightened of humans.

>be mailman
>buy $100 per oz cologne
>"this'll get me housewife pussy for sure"
>bring mail into yard
>attacked by dog
>entire world questions why mailmen are targeted by dogs for thousands of years
>>
How make cats tolerate each other? My male is being a cunt to my 16 yea told female. For the first three years since he was a kitten, my female didn't like him but they could sit next to each other without a problem.
I took my female with me for six months while my parents wanted my male to stay. They had a roommate with a male cat come in, and my male loved him but he moved out a few months later and took his cat with him.

Now that I came back with my old girl, he just stalks outside the room and fur, claws and blood flies whenever he get the chance. It's a pretty violent cat fight and he will fight until he is physically exhausted.

I tried switching them out, feeding them on opposite sides of a screen, letting them watch each other through a screen or interact through the screen or gate. Whenever he so much as hears her he comes running and looking for an opening. My female wants 100% nothing to do with him but she is not the aggressor. She will ignore other cats but he is the one being a cunt.

I feel bad my girl is kept up in my room but to be fair, even when they did get along in the past and they both had free reign she never left my old room either. She doesn't seem to like big spaces or straying far.

Both are fixed btw.
I don't get why he is being such a cunt to her but then is 100% ok with the two stranger cats he's met. They were both male and she's female, would that have anything to do with it despite they're both fixed?
>>
>>2406279
Three stranger cats, actually. One being a kitten I found and he adored her. I bottle feed her until she was old enough for a new home but I regret that since judging by how he acted with the kitten and the two adult males, I feel like he might benefit to have a cat buddy so I'm conflicted about introducing a third cat.
>>
File: 600px-russian-blue-sleepy.jpg (77KB, 600x432px) Image search: [Google]
600px-russian-blue-sleepy.jpg
77KB, 600x432px
Any tips on spotting a UTI? I saw a bit of blood on the windowsill and I have to figure out if it's from my cat's claws getting trimmed and the groomer fucking up or if he's got a UTI
>>
>>2406344
Found some blood on his bottom after he went to the bathroom, vet it is
>>
File: 1368205271537.png (101KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1368205271537.png
101KB, 200x200px
>>2405770
Hard to tell from that angle, maybe a pound or two overweight. Ideally you want to be able to feel their ribs, kind of like similar to running your fingers over the back of your hand, but not see them through the fur.

>>2405970
I'd take him. Black eye discharge isn't concerning unless there's a lot of it, but third eyelid shows there's clearly some irritation. Might just need some erythromycin oointment or something - shouldn't be too pricey.

>>2405991
>people bring puppy/kitten home
>return it because it's "too energetic"
>mfw

>>2406079
Did you just change food types, or have there been any changes in the house?

>>2406279
That sucks, dude. You're doing everything right. How long ago did you move back in? Perhaps it's just a matter of time. Maybe try doing the screen door/gate thing and see if you can redirect him with a toy or food when he starts getting amped at her.

>>2406405
Good on you, anon. Post with updates.
>>
>>2406454
I moved back in in September. The year before that I was gone another six months as well, since I was moving around job hopping.
I have a solid all year round job now and looking to move into an apartment of my own by the end of summer but its not 100% in motion as of right now. He's my cat and I'm torn about having to leave him, since it makes me feel like a shit owner but my mother, younger brother and cat-hating dad loves him enough that they are happy to keep him as their own.

He gets along with the dogs despite he ignores him but he really seems to flourish with another cat he gets along with.
>>
File: 20170408_180154.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170408_180154.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>2406454
Came back from the vet hospital, he got scanned for blood in his pee but ended up only having bloody diarrea, which os why I was having trouble figuring it out based on his pee. He was diagnosed with cytosis. Got some medication (that he doesn't like) and he will hopefully recover but I will have to monitor his litterbox habits to make sure a potential foreign object doesnt block him up
Pic related, cat in question
>>
Cat gone missing approximately 36 hours ago.

Looked online, it seems the most likely possibility is it got into a territorial fight, ran off, and is hiding somewhere scared and disorientated.

How likely is it that it'll find its way back? I can't find it, walked around about a 200m radius of my house, driven slowly around about a 1km radius.

Only place I haven't hit up is the local school, which has a fence probably 10 foot high at least, so I dunno if I can sneak in tonight, but I might be able to wander in tomorrow afternoon after school finishes, but the teachers are still there.

Fuck man, if it dies, I think I'm done with pets. I had one cat for like a year before it got bit by a snake. Only had this cat for a year. My brother had one dog run away after a year, and his second dog got hit by a car. I think my family is cursed.
>>
>>2406728
>How likely is it that it'll find its way back? I can't find it, walked around about a 200m radius of my house, driven slowly around about a 1km radius.
Somewhat likely.

My cat ran away and I searched around the yard, in the bushes, etc. Asked neighbors. Drove around the neighborhood. She eventually came home on her own. She was gone for like 3-5 days if I recall. Sometimes I wonder if she wasn't in my backyard the whole time, just really hidden or something.

I wouldn't give up looking for it. But if it's alive it will probably come home on its own looking for food. You can try putting some food outside your door although other critters may munch on it.
>>
honest question. why don't vets advise owners to keep their cats indoors or to supervise their outdoor time? There is so much evidence that free roaming is bad for cats. Why don't they give this simple tip to owners that might not know better, and in fact act as if letting your cat roam is perfectly fine? Is it discouraged simply because owners don't want to hear it or...??
>>
>>2407114
also I didn't read any of the posts in this thread and it isn't meant to be in response to any of them.
>>
Is rubbing alcohol an effective way to neutralize cat urine in carpet? Seems cheaper than commercial options like Nature's Miracle, at higher concentrations it evaporates quite fast, and I think it should break down enzymes as well as anything else. The Googles say use cheap Vodka, shouldn't isopropyl work for the same reasons?

(In general I don't se isopropyl recommended as often as it should be. Why buy Goo Gone when iso will break down adhesives just as well and then evaporate on its own with no trace? But I digress.)
>>
>>2406728
>being a retarded outdoor catfag
>can't understand why they don't live for more than a year

i think it's a good things you're done with pets
>>
>>2406728
Leave a bowl of food and its litterbox outside. Hopefully the scent will draw it home. Good luck finding kot.

>>2407114
>Is it discouraged simply because owners don't want to hear it or...??
Yes. People are really fucking weird and irrational about this issue - just look at oudoorfags on /an/ - and vets don't want to risk alienating clients because an anthropomorphizing owner thinks keeping cats indoors is "cruel" (ergo, so is the doctor). Most will support indoor-only lifestyle if asked, or slip in a casual "we do recommend cats not be allowed to free-roam for their own health and safety" during initial appointments, but they won't press the issue. Similarly, most won't try to shame owners out of declawing even though any vet worth their salt thinks it's a cruel and unnecessary procedure in 95%+ of cases. People are stupid and will do what they wanna do at the end of the day.

>>2407130
Most effective homemade means I know of is a 1-1 vinegar-water solution.
>>
>>2406728
You should probably keep your pets indoors with outside supervision from now on. They aren't dying because you are cursed they are dying because they are allowed to roam free outside where they can easily die or not come back.
>>
>>2407130
your house will smell like cat piss forever unless you get rid of the cat, the carpet and possibly parts of the flooring if it really soaked in
>>
File: Cdh19821.jpg (70KB, 528x960px) Image search: [Google]
Cdh19821.jpg
70KB, 528x960px
tl;dr My mom asked me to watch her cat and abandoned it here. He's a little too rambunctious for me and I don't want to give him to a shelter since he's a rather nice cat. A little more than 2 years old, shots, fixed, pure breed. How do I make sure he finds a good home? Is craigslist really that good? SoCal area if anyone was curious.
>>
>Have two cats, one is 15 and the other is 16
>they don't fight or anything but dontninteract very much
>one (or both) is spraying in 3/4 locations
>my entire porch smells like cat urine
>my front door smells like cat urine
>the upstairs linen cabinet smells like cat urine
I just want to put them down at this point, it's fucking awful.
>>
How many times a day should I feed my cat wet food?
>>
>>2405236
Where do you see that, Anon? I want to see for myself.
>>
>>2407279
Do you play with him frequently? A simple play session in the morning and night can do wonders in taming destructive and overly-energetic behavior.

If he's purebred, you may be able to find a rescue that deals specifically in that breed.
>>
>>2407133
Harsh, but true
>>
Can I get a recommendation for a good book about cats?

I have many which are great and I've read them; but rereading them, I've noticed they are too basic. While I don't necessarily want a veterinarian book, I'd appreciate recommendations.

Something thorough that doesn't treat it's reader like a retard, but also isn't a book for vets or scientists, either.
>>
File: handsome man 2.jpg (42KB, 720x661px) Image search: [Google]
handsome man 2.jpg
42KB, 720x661px
Rate my kitty pls
>>
File: siberian-cat-care-13.jpg (55KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
siberian-cat-care-13.jpg
55KB, 450x338px
Hey, does someone have advice for me?

My male cat had a piece of cat grass sticking in his throat that just wouldn't come out (believe it or not) and he was trying to puke alot.
Yesterday he got a gastroendoscopy where the piece of shit grass was removed.
He's home now and I am glad he does drink water but he doesn't want to eat dry or wet food. Is his throat still sore? Should I just let it be or somehow force feed him?

Pic semi-relate. He is an sibirian forest cat.
>>
File: IMG_20170615_184558948.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170615_184558948.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
Why did mom take it all the way from our basement to our doorstep and leave it there? Why did the other cats not kill it? Is it normal to have this much compacted eyesand at age 3 weeks?
>>
>>2407747
>Many reasons including but not limited to stress, climate, and cleanliness
>Not many cats are aggressive enough to kill kittens especially after they are fixed
>No
>>
>>2405236
>Cool, hopefully i can get him to wear this tiny tinfoil hat i made him eventually too.

Cats shouldn't be fed GMO foods because they shouldn't eat anything that can be modified.

Cats are carnivores. They eat meat. They get tract blockages because people feed them dry food.
>>
>>2407747

If the mother abandoned it, there's a good chance it's going to die from some immune problem.
>>
>>2407466
Once in the morning, once at night.

>>2407514
9/10, handsome older gentlekot.

>>2407515
With cats I don't recommend force-feeding unless absolutely 100% necessary. He was anesthetized for the procedure, yes? It isn't uncommon for animals to lose their appetite for a day or two following that - the drugs fuck with their systems. If he hasn't eaten at all by tomorrow afternoon, or seems lethargic, dehydrated, etc. I'd call your vet.

>>2407747
Kitter needs vet.
>>
File: IMG_7394.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7394.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My cat is 3 years old and is very picky about what she eats. She almost never eats wet food when I try to feed her it, but when she does, it always has to be salmon.

Also she'll rarely drink from her water bowl but will follow us into the washroom and hop in the bathtub/sink waiting for us to turn the water on so she can lap it up. I just want to know if this is normal behavior or if there's something she needs that I'm missing

First time on this board btw
>>
>>2407783
very pretty. Looks just like my old kitty.
>>
>>2407783
Totally normal. Cats are notoriously finicky with unfamiliar food, and the water thing is very common since some cats prefer running water. She might be happy to have a pet fountain that keeps the water constantly circulating.

Black kots are good kots.
>>
File: IMAG0534_1_1.jpg (433KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0534_1_1.jpg
433KB, 1456x2592px
>>2407515
>>2407774

Thanks for the reply. He often visits his drinking fountain and ate now in the evening both wet and dry food. He seems much more active now as well.
Pic related, my little kot
>>
File: IMG_20170514_213617 (Medium).jpg (168KB, 767x1366px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170514_213617 (Medium).jpg
168KB, 767x1366px
>>2405144
How do I not murder my cat because she is EVISCERATING my walls and Im not gonna get my bond back at this rate. she has plenty of scratch posts but just wont use them. i'm going to go spend $100 on a fucking nother one to see if she'll use it. Getting some catnip spray to try that but I heard they dont really work. I think she likes the walls in this one particular section because it's shit and very flaky, but also very textured.

what was once a $180 rescue is now going to be a $1000 cat.
>>
>>2407761
[Citation needed]
>>
>>2405273
Got that fountain in my sights now, where do you live? Air quality can determine how often you need to clean something that holds water.

Anyone else have reccomendations? If not, itll be this one.

Also anyone got any opinions on auto feeders? Both the cheap and expensive ones?
>>
>>2408201
Are the scratching posts of different textures? Carpet, sissel, wood, corrugated cardboard, etc.? Many cats form preferences like that. Encourage her to dig her claws into them by dangling a toy against one, then praising her when she does.

Try covering the parts of the walls she can reach in double-sided tape or aluminum foil - cats dislike sticky and metallic textures. If she still goes after the walls, clap loudly at her or spritz her with a spray bottle when she starts clawing at them.
>>
File: IMG_20170616_133702.jpg (3MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170616_133702.jpg
3MB, 2336x4160px
>>2408289
Yeah, that's all the stuff we do/did. Luckily we found a good deal at the pet store and she seems into it. Really into it. Just gotta wait and see if this fixed the problem.
>>
>>2408201

>provide alternative scratch post
>see cat continue to scratch wall
>punt cat
>repeat as needed
>>
>>2408253
>thiamine monnitrate
>reduced iron
>niacin
>riboflavin
>folic acid

YEAH FUCK HIM.
WE HAVE TO FEED THE DELICIOUS WASTE CHEMICALS TO ALL BEINGS BECAUSE YEAH NUTRIENTS.

YEAH. NUTRIENTS.

YEAH, SURVIVAL.

GOTTA BE STRONG AND EAT CHEMICALS TO DO SO.

YEAH NUTRIENTS. WOO MULTIVITAMINS.

Shut the fuck up retard. The chemicals you are required to eat and that are in all your food are rated HAZARDOUS TO HUMANS.
Read the ducking chemical distributor's info, not wikicontrolledmedia.
>>
>>2408253

For what? That cats are carnivores? That's axiomatic. They don't have the enzymes needed to process grains.

The dry food exhausts the body of moisture and leads to constant dehydration. This leads to urinary problems, especially in male cats.

Feeding a cat dry food is literally like a human spending their whole life on a Grain and Drain diet of bread, water and multivitamins.
>>
>>2408346
I can't get the cat I adopted to eat any wet food at all, he only wants dry food, it's bizarre, we have tried buying many different brands of expensive cat food and he never bothers past a sniff.

I think he may have only been fed dry food before he was left, the shelter provided both kinds too.

ended up just getting as much different kinds of grain-less dry foods and placing a water bowl on the second floor of the house and cleaning both out multiple times a day, he drinks very often.

I really want to make sure he doesn't have to deal with what the cat I just put down had to, which was diet problems from eating dry food with lots of grains and not drinking much water, which forced us to cut his time with us short.
>>
>>2406592
nice work buddo
>>
File: 20170604_195413.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170604_195413.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Love cats
>>
File: 20170604_195539.jpg (4MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170604_195539.jpg
4MB, 4128x2322px
>>
>>2405770
So cute. Not too thick
>>
>>2405996
So what do you do for air fresheners?
>>
>>2408809
You don't use them near humans or animals.

How do people not understand perfume laws/globalism?

They can put ANY FUCKING THING ON EARTH into your perfume. How is this not considered a dangerous practice during full secretive genocide? They will spray barium on you (NASA just admitted this publicly) but they're going to make your perfume safe? Fuck no. Remove all scented shit from your home.
>>
>>2406279
You could try feliway. Also look for the places that the cats like to spend, you will find that the aggressor will probably have the premium spots that are high up, comfy, have decent foot traffic or people around etc... I honestly forgot what to do after identifying the cat's 'safe spaces', I just saw it on a My Cat From Hell episode. If I had to guess, make more suitable safe spaces for both cats
>>2406592
Good luck!
>>2406728
Set live traps. Most house pets stay close to home, so keep your search close and detailed.
>>2407114
It's a very, very touchy subject. Yes it's objectively better to not let any pet animal free roam without some sort of supervision or safety, but it has become such a tradition at this point you just don't push it, it's almost a religious belief. It can keep owners from continuing business with you, it can cause arguments, it can make people skimp on the bill. If they ask, or if they have a related problem, you just say it in passing and nothing more. Every once in a while I will see an owner that is obviously indoor only and we will talk about it, but I avoid it unless they make themselves known to be anit-outdoor because some people have friend/family with outdoor pets or only have the animal indoor due to circumstances. It's very easy to step on toes in this subject.
>>2407130
I mix a 3:1 water to vinegar solution and add baking soda to it (so it goes right into the fibers) or you can sprinkle baking soda on after. Wait for it to dry and then vacuum up the baking soda
>>
>>2407279
If he is purebred, go to petfinder and look up 'siamese rescue' or whatever it is. A lot of those rescues are willing to travel a ways for purebred cats, just make sure you read reviews of them on facebook or yelp or something beforehand. You can sell on CL but it requires a lot of work. If you have a hard time saying no to people or making people upset, CL selling is not for you. A lot of fucktards will want that cat because it's a purebred. I would advise finding different animal shelters and rescues in the area, explain you want to re-home your cat yourself and ask if they have a "do not adopt" list or a black list of adopters they won't adopt to. On the ad you will obviously want to describe the cat, but if you can write it in a way that will describe the best type of person for this cat. Like if the cat is active, say something like the cat would be good for someone who will spend a lot of time playing with it. Shit like that. Don't bother mentioning the breed, only scumbags go on CL solely to find purebred animals. I would advise a re-homing fee of like $20 tops, but if you want to be nice you can drop it once you give the cat away. You will want to ask shit like if the cat would be going home to a house of dogs, other cats, kids etc and how they are with cats. If you don't think your cat would be good with kids, tell them that. Is your cat an indoor cat? If so you should let adopters know that and that he should remain an indoor cat. I'd advise that you go to their house at least once to make sure that they aren't some scumbag or lying to you about something. You can ask for a vet reference, and you can call up the vet to see if they even have the person on file, you don't need any information. This is important because it shows if they will ever plan on actually taking this cat to a vet. You should provide the cat's vet records including rabies tag, it's purebred papers, make sure it's up to date on vaccines and flea/tick meds before adopting out
>>
File: 1477116966194.gif (429KB, 450x197px) Image search: [Google]
1477116966194.gif
429KB, 450x197px
>>2407320
You don't know which one is doing it? Separate them in bathrooms or other easy to clean areas for a period of time. In the mean time if you aren't already, make sure you are feeding only wet food and cleaning their water a lot. Older cats are more likely to get UTI. The seperation keeps it so you can tell which is peeing, or it may be both. If they have covered boxes, uncover them. If they have litter with crystals in them, change it to one without crystals. Keep us updated on how they are doing. There's a plethora of reasons for cats to not use the litter box so these are just tiny steps in finding the problem
>>
File: dwyfHCF.jpg?1.jpg (97KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
dwyfHCF.jpg?1.jpg
97KB, 960x720px
>>2407466
If it's an adult cat with no special needs, twice a day should suffice. Follow the rules on the can for the amount to feed your cat in a day, it usually goes by weight.
>>2407480
Just for cat care, or cat biology?
>>2407783
Cats can be extremely picky with foods. Dry food has a lot of carbs, and while that's very bad for cats, it tastes good like junk food. Cats don't like change very much at all. My cats will only eat turkey flavored foods for instance and throw a fit when I put down beef. Many cats drink out of sinks and tubs because it is fresh. Cats actually have a problem drinking as much as they need to; they tend to only drink after they have already become dehydrated. To encourage drinking people buy water fountains like >>2405273 or will make their own >>2405675 . If you want you could always try a water fountain for her and see if she likes it.
>>2408280
I live in NY, the fountain is also in the kitchen which i keep relatively clean so that may affect it.
>>2408675
Cats often like dry food because they get 'carb addicted'. I had to deal with this with my cats for years. First I would put a little bit of can food in the bowl and cover it with dry food, and kept adding more can and less dry. It's important that you get your cats on a feeding schedule (meaning no free-feeding dry) and have them eating the amount it advises on the bag so they will still be hungry enough to try the wet food. You will probably have to deal with a short hunger strike. If you are concerned about water intake, you could try making your own water fountain and see if that helps them drink more water.
>>
File: 1479440115864.gif (2MB, 300x262px) Image search: [Google]
1479440115864.gif
2MB, 300x262px
Hey /cat/. I'm thinking about adopting a kitten, or a pair of them, from my local shelter. I've got some thoughts / questions and I'm hoping you can address them:

Size: my apartment is 650sqft with 1 bed/bath. Is that enough room for a cat, or two, see below, or should I hold off until I have a bigger place?

Kitten v Kittens: I go to school full time and I'm worried about the cat being home alone by itself, that got me thinking of adopting a pair so they have someone to play with. Are two kittens / cats much more difficult than one to manage? Is cat loneliness something to even worry about?

Smell: If I scoop the litter box twice daily and clean it completely once a week is that enough to keep the smell away? It's not feasible to leave the windows open while I'm not home, bad neighborhood, but I can get some circulation later in the day and the evening.

Cost: What's your usual monthly upkeep for a cat? How is pet insurance?

I'm not going to take the plunge until next month, so what should I read? Do you have any personal advice? I had cats growing up, but it's been a good long while.

>pic
I leave this gif to you as offering. I hope you are well pleased.
>>
>>2408923
I had four cats in a 1000 sq ft one bedroom home at once, but I had to clean piss daily. I'd hold off for a bit.
If adopting two, make sure to get a pair that are familiar with each other. I have two cats I raised from the bottle, and one of them is okay with other males and hates females, the other (female) loves the male but hates every other cat. I have another two from a different litter who love all the other males, hate one female, and are neutral with the other three females. I have an old owner surrender who hates everyone. I have a female who ignores everyone. It kind of really just depends on the cat.
It's going to smell no matter what. I have 15 cats at the moment (I foster) and clean daily, replace weekly, but it can still smell. Eventually you might become nose blind to it, but guests can smell it.
I don't keep track of the costs, but I don't have insurance for the cats. I've found in my four years of cat care that they rarely come down sick in a good environment, and if they do it's >100$ to treat. Feeding dry isn't the best but it's okay on a budget, make sure it's not the colorful shit though like kit n kaboodle. With one or two cats you might consider wet instead. Change water daily.
Pay attention to them daily. Many people treat cats like furniture, but they're living creatures with personality. Some are lazy and dull, others are lively and crave near-constant affection and attention. One of my rescues is hands-off 90% of the time and then once every week or two demands a solid hour or two of attention, then back to business as usual. Greet them when you see them, cuddle them when you can, love them as much as possible.
Cats don't learn like dogs, you can't rub a cat's face in its piss right after it does it and expect it to learn, it'll just resent you.
>>
>>2405984
You need a roomba. Get that cat hair under control.
>>
>have cats that are adorable
>want to have nice things
>buy a beautiful $250 area rug
>keep it rolled up because you don't want them to fuck it up in some kind of way, such as scratching or peeing on it
>the rolled-up carpet gets used as a scratching post

I'm done with cats man. I want to buy nice furniture. I want to not have to sweep up cat litter. I want to not have to mop up puddles of water because they like to splash the water out of their dish. I want to buy an expensive swivel chair for my home office but am terrified of them shredding the mesh or fabric.

I wonder if some cat owners get their cats declawed sub/consciously as revenge, knowing it will make them miserable.

I love cats but I hate cats. I don't want cats anymore. I'm getting rid of my cats.
>>
>>2408923
Get a single older cat, like 7+ years. Cats commonly live to be 17+, so there's still plenty of time left in its lifespan, but it'll require less exercise, stimulation, and space. If you insist on getting a kitten but are going to be a full-time anything and won't have anyone else around to look after them, yes, get two.

Smell should be fine with that routine.

Cost is going to vary wildly depending on the age of the cat you get. The first year of a kitten or puppy's life is the most expensive since they require spay/neuter surgery, vaccination series, and deworming. Some of this may be included in the adoption fee (vax/surgeries at the least) if you get them from a humane society. General cost estimates (unless you go to a low-cost facility which usually require proof of medical assistance, food stamps, etc. for eligibility):
Neuter: $80-$100
Spay: $120-$160
Feline distemper vax: $80, 3-4 boosters 3-4 weeks apart at $20 each
Rabies: $25, 1 shot at 16 weeks boostered annually
Deworming: varies - different parasites are treated with different meds and may require additional treatments, but the minimum 2 rounds of pyrantel pamoate (roundworms, hookworms) will be $20-$30
Cost for vet exams/office calls these vax/dewormings will require: $140 (assuming 4 visits, $35 per)
Startup costs: (litter boxes/scoop, scratching post, brush, toys, food bowls, carrier, treats): idk, $100
Litter: $12 for 1 bag or box/month. 2 cats will require more.
Food: variable. Canned food is healthier, but more expensive - you can get pretty good quality wet at a little over $1/5.5 oz can (daily serving for adult cat), so for $35/month you can have your cat on a great diet. Kittens will require more food spread over more frequent feedings because they're still growing.
Dry food is less expensive, but has more filler ingredients and MUCH less moisture. Good dry food will be around $18 for a bag that could last a single cat a month. It's okay to feed both wet and dry to reduce costs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0bj4od8gXQ
>>
>>2408923
>Is cat loneliness something to even worry about?

For kittens, yes, but for adult cats, it's rarely a problem. Kittens can be hyperactive little monsters that get unhappy if they're alone and bored, but most adult cats are fine being alone for eight or nine hours - they're crepuscular animals that are asleep more than they're awake, so some quiet napping and grooming time during the day generally fits with their preferred schedule anyway.

The problem is that there is no guarantee that two kittens will actually like each other as adults - some cats prefer being the only cat in the household, some will tolerate but mostly ignore each other, some will be affectionate and spend time together, and there's no guarantee which you will get, so only go ahead if you're OK with potentially sharing a 650sqft apartment with two cats that don't really like each other. If you're not set on getting a kitten, go to a shelter and either look for two cats that have bonded, or one cat that would prefer living alone - neither is inherently better, it just depends on the cat.
>>
>>2408327
>>2408346
[Citation needed]

Without backing up your claims, you are just every other blithering retard. And thanks to that last line about controlled media apropos of nothing you now have less credibility. Like I said, you dropped your tinfoil hat.
>>
File: a6d.png (377KB, 2550x1650px) Image search: [Google]
a6d.png
377KB, 2550x1650px
>>2408819
>They will spray barium on you (NASA just admitted this publicly)

Wow you conspiracy theorists will really believe anything if it goes along with your world view huh?
>>
>>2408819
>They can put ANY FUCKING THING ON EARTH into your perfume.
Just like they can with cigarettes?
It's unlikely that anything they put in tobacco is as dangerous as the tobacco itself.
As for Barium, I've had a Barium Meal. Very chalky.
Probably more exposure than a perfume spray.
>>
>>2408923
Get a singe adult cat
if you clean the litter box that often there shoudln't be any smell
I don't know about everyone else but I found it worth paying a bit more for litter with some of the better stuff trapping smell more but do some searching and reviews before you drop 30 dollars on a bag or whatever

Monthly cost for my two depends since I get them treats occasionally probably like 25 on litter, I buy a 30 pound bag of dry food like once every 6-8 weeks which is like 23, then two cases of wet food each month that cost probably 45
So I probably spend like 80-100 on month on my kitties depending if I get them treats or new toys

As for insurance I barely have myself insured let alone my pets

I recommend having at the very least a laser pointer, one of those like mouse on a string, and a stuffed animal thats a little smaller than the cat
My younger cat likes to pounce a little stuffed lion I gave her and play fights it
I got her as kitten and wanted her to have something to kinda make her feel like another cat was around(got the second one later) while I was working
She carries the lion by the throat after fighting it
>>
>>2405144
God damn that is a beautiful cat. Like... Jesus, that is just a damn pretty cat.
>>
File: June 18, 2017 121430 AM PDT.png (182KB, 1080x548px) Image search: [Google]
June 18, 2017 121430 AM PDT.png
182KB, 1080x548px
>>2408819
Okay, so you are just a nut. Good to know for future reference.
>>
>>2407279
You could always get a 2nd cat to play with him.
>>
File: cat-fountain.jpg (21KB, 311x315px) Image search: [Google]
cat-fountain.jpg
21KB, 311x315px
>>2407783
Get a water fountain. She'll love it.
>>
File: IMG_20161010_173022.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161010_173022.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
General Mauser keeping the fun cabinet safe from evil communists.
>>
File: IMG_20170615_105425-3984x2241.jpg (900KB, 3984x2241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170615_105425-3984x2241.jpg
900KB, 3984x2241px
>>2410466
And her BFF being a lazy turd.
>>
File: IMG_20170531_155929-1817x3230.jpg (728KB, 1817x3230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170531_155929-1817x3230.jpg
728KB, 1817x3230px
>>2410467
She also likes to photobomb me
>>
My mom'd cat is dying I think.

Been puking for last day and this morning, won't eat food, seems to be in pain when he stretches...He laid down at the front door and didn't move, even for treats. She took him to the vet an hour or so ago.

Had a hernia when we got him, and it was corrected. Also a heart arrhythmia. He's only about a year old. He's also a major dork. I don't want him to die.
>>
>>2410529
Hernias are generally pretty problem free once fixed in cats. Heart arrhythmia can actually be misdiagnosed due to excessive purring, and some cats live their entire lives with heart murmurs without a problem. They are often graded on a scale of 1 to 6, 1 being basically a non-issue and 5-6 generally is seen on older animals with heart valve issues. He'll probably be fine, sounds like he just ate something he shouldn't. Keep us updated.
>>
my family cat is a rescue cat that was pulled out of some stinking shithole in Ireland before we got her
i'm the only member of the family she likes (though she tolerates the rest). whereever i am in the house she follows me, and is sleeping next to me with one paw on my leg as i type this
whenever im gone for more than 2-3 days she sits in a box in the hallway and stays there pretty much 24/7 waiting for me to come home

i'm moving out to go to university in October though, and im a bit concerned about how she'll cope with me being gone for months at a time

is there anything that can be done to ameliorate this?
>>
>>2410923
anecdotal addendum:
the reason she likes me and not anyone else is that shortly after we got her she wound up with a nasty eye infection and i was the person who wiped the pus out of her eyes every morning and cleaned the scratchwound

before that she hated me just as much as she hates everyone else
>>
How do you get a cat to use a scratch board?
It's homemade using cardboard boxes and cat nip, also what the hell does catnips do to cats? It seems like crack for cats!
>>
>>2410466
>>2410467
>>2410469
Excellent kots. I salute you, General. o7

>>2410529
Did you notice if he was urinating and defecating at all during this?

Possible causes: urinary obstruction (if no urination), bowel obstruction (if no feces), pancreatitis, poisoning, FIP. All of these save the last (which is least likely anyway) are treatable. Post updates.

>>2410923
I had a cat a lot like this. She didn't hate the rest of my family, just greatly preferred me and attached herself to me at the hip.

Animals adapt. After enough isolation, she will start to seek attention elsewhere - though it'll help if your family actually puts effort into connecting with her. Maybe pick a family member who's willing to do that and have them start giving her treats once or twice a day, preferably not while in your presence, until you leave.
>>
>>2407133
I had an outdoor tom-cat that lived for ten years, stop being a faggot
>muh fluffy wuffy cat can't handle being outside DX
>>
>>2411059
Neither could your's, apparently. 10 years is middle aged for a cat.
>>
Guys my kitten is 3 weeks old and she keeps eating litter what do I do?! I stop her immediately and it's non clumping, also how many times do I feed her a day? I got a milk and bottle

I'm a zoo assistant so I'm use to feeding hippos and bonobos, not felines
>>
>>2410766
>>2410965
Update: I found some puke that was a couple days old, it contained hair and two large pieces of hard foam. I found the area that he had eaten...and there was more that was missing from that puke.

Vet said he was dehydrated so they gave him an IV and an ultrasound, and are trying to see if liquid will pass through him. If not, they are doing surgery. It will probably cost $3k.

I am thinking he still has a piece in there. They said his intestines are enflamed. Have since thrown away everything foam in her house and did a big cleanup.

By the way I do believe he has a murmur, I've heard his heartbeat compared to my other cat and there is a huge difference.

Pic is the dummy who ate foam
>>
>>2411170
3 weeks and not 3 months? Does she even use the box? Kittens and sometimes cats will eat litter, very rarely due to pica but more commonly because they are lacking in certain vitamins. Does not mean they should eat litter, though. Take the litter pan up for now and continue to try and stimulate bowl movements, but try to do it over the tray. Generally you don't put down a litter box until about 4 weeks of age, although they may be able to control their bowls before that. Make sure he is getting the milk and nutrients he needs. Kittens can't drink cow's milk and need KMR or other kitten replacement. Link is in op but i guess i'll post it again http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=1+2137&aid=912
>>
File: pandora.jpg (41KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
pandora.jpg
41KB, 720x540px
Here's a picture of one of my parents' cats
>>
>>2411299
Yes I am feeding her that milk posted, and well i stimulate it but she's just being an edge lord and wants to play, I have her controlled a bit but right now she's asleep
>>
>>2411261
Bowel obstructions are honest to god one of my worst fucking nightmares. Best of luck anon, hope everything turns out.

>>2411318
8/10, nice black-nosed old lady.
>>
File: IMG_20170617_091426.jpg (1MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170617_091426.jpg
1MB, 4160x3120px
the bad little quasicoons from >>2409093
>>
woke up to hear that our family's cat died lads
>>
this thread has convinced me not to get a cat

thanks guys
>>
>>2411346

those are adorable, remind me of my little rascal.
>>
File: 0.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
My cat loves it when I pat her really hard on the tailbone. She becomes extremely affectionate when I do this and it kind of weirds me out. Is she deriving sexual pleasure from getting her tailbone spanked or is it just a really good feeling like being pet?
Here's a video I found of someone spanking their cat. Cats fucking love it, but why?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SF7G9UjVi0
>>
File: 1482527452327.webm (3MB, 976x550px) Image search: [Google]
1482527452327.webm
3MB, 976x550px
>>2411568
>She becomes extremely affectionate when I do this and it kind of weirds me out. Is she deriving sexual pleasure from getting her tailbone spanked or is it just a really good feeling like being pet?
Please, cats are pure.
>>
>>2411570
>cats are pure.
Kek
Think what you want, but your precious kitty is still being sexually stimulated when you rub them in certain spots.
>>
>>2411318
Clean his eyes dude. Otherwise nice kitty.
>>2411568
They have some kind of scent gland there, also on their chin and the side of their cheeks. So they like that area being rubbed, probably an evolutionary thing. You want to mark territory, you have scent glands on your ass, after a while your species is going to like rubbing it's ass on shit.
>>
My cat loves to be petted, but absolutely hates being brushed (he'll tolerate it for a minute at best before he gets up, gives an annoyed look and walks away). Because of this and because he's a semi-long hair cat, he gets matted fur, particularly on his flanks. I've found the only way to deal with this is to buzz or clip them off a little at a time, eventually leaving him with a bit of a bald spot until it grows back in.

Any suggestions on how I can make him love the brush? Tried numerous types from the metal ones that pick up loose fur to ones with big soft silicon tongs but his reaction is the same to them all.
>>
>>2411631
See if he likes any of the self grooming tools out there?
One is basically the doorstop covered in boar bristles normally used as a bootscraper. Another looks like a super long bottle brush wired to a platform. Another is a bunch of hard plastic bristles you attach to doorways/wall corners.
>>
File: 20170410_094740.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170410_094740.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>2411261
Wanted to give quick update

Cat had TWO large pieces that were stuck - in his stomach and intestines. They took it out last night before 2am. My dad went to see him and my dad said he even rolled on his back like he usually does prompting belly rubs.

Also last pic didn't work. Here's one of him and my cat.
>>
>>2411754
Neat, I've never seen a martian cat before.
>>
I don't actually have a cat, but there's one that visits us a few times a week.

Like a typical cat, she likes to have her personal space and will move away from you when she's done being social.

She's usually afraid of even being in garage at the same time as us. But yesterday, she got *weird*. She was constantly meowing loudly enough for us to hear her indoors, despite us putting on a movie and turning the volume up. I went out to her like 8 times yesterday, because I was worried that she needed food. She was in our yard when we got home from lunch at 2 PM and stayed there until almost 6 AM.

Despite her general fear of being indoors with us, she actually came inside our house a few times. She was really curious and looked in every single room, just sniffing and not being invasive. While doing so, she was constantly purring.

We tried everything. She's just been so unhappy. We haven't seen her yet today, but I'd really like to know what to do if this happens again. She's just meowing SO loud. She is NOT my cat, she is an outdoor cat, and she does not have a tag on her collar (but she does have a collar). I have no idea whose she is. She's been around us for almost a year now.
>>
>>2411754
Handsome kots. Glad it sounds like he's going to pull through.

>>2411890
Sounds like she might be in heat.
>>
>>2407279
look how cute he is! can't you just become friends with him?
>>
>>2408201
Try a floor one, my cat absolutely will not use a scratching post, but will use a scratching mat no problem.
>>
>>
>>2408857
A general book about cats, annon
>>
>>2407783
thow some ham on her back pls
>>
>>2411568
I smack the hell out of my cats butts. They love it. Almost all cats love the taps in my experience. One of my two cats I damn near use all of my strength to smack her lower back and she just takes it
>>
File: 1489617358861.jpg (88KB, 531x606px) Image search: [Google]
1489617358861.jpg
88KB, 531x606px
>>2412414
surely you jest
>>
>>2412456
No one jokes about ass, anon. Ass is srs bsns
>>
So, i got a cat from a few roommates, they had two and since one was moving somewhere she couldnt keep her cat, they had to get rid of one cat. I took him in, he's very lovable, used to everything now. He yowled on occasion even though he is neutered. I figured he might miss his cat sister. So a month later i message the owner, ask how he was with introducing other cats, she says that he's friendly and they are actually looking to rehome the other cat as well since the owner is moving too far to keep her.

She is an intact female of 1 year, the one who has been with me a month is a neutered male of 2 years. I intend to spay the female soon.

They seem to remember eachother. no aggression in general. But on occasion he will attempt to mount the female.

Is this just dominance behaviour? she will do a small hiss sometimes when he tries, but not all the time. he just attempts to mount, not hump. is this a problem? now he is yowling everywhere and as far as i can tell she isn't in heat.

Right now she is just getting used to the apartment. but i don't want him harassing her and scaring he into a room and making her afraid to explore. she seems unscared and unbothered by the mounting attempts. should i do something or leave it be?
>>
File: 2015-06-16 00.19.51.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
2015-06-16 00.19.51.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
We live in the country side for almost 10 years now and we have our cat for atleast 7 or 6 years. She met many cats before one time she somehow was able to hang out with one for a while but that one disappeared.

My problem is my cat is a jerk, She's super fucking agressive againts every cat these days and doesnt even try to calm down straight up attacks.

Last week our neighbors got a new kitten, Small little kitten and a few days ago he wandered into our garden and was very friendly to all to us, Then Ms "Fuck you buddy this is my garden" showed up and straight up without hesitation went after the kitten. We picked it up before she actually did anything and bring it back to the neighbors.

I just dont understand why is she so agressive towards other cats now.
>>
>>2412623
both you and your neighbors should consider leaving your cat indoors.
>>
File: paper1.jpg (48KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
paper1.jpg
48KB, 720x960px
Why do cats love paper so much?

Every cat I have ever owned loves to sit on paper material of all kinds. My girl even sleeps on this piece of paper at night most of the time.
>>
>>2412456
Nope. I'm >>2411346 and the one on the left loves for me to smack the hell out of her butt. One on the right likes it but only gently :)

Before that I had a tabby cat that loved it too.
>>
>>2412456
>>2412703
My boy cat loves to be smacked on the butt, and really, smacked all over his whole body. Even his head. He doesn't like to be pet normally in a stroking way, he wants you to scritch his face really hard or smack him. I've thought I was hurting him because I smack him pretty hard but he just sits there and purrs like mad, which he never did when I pet him in the normal fashion. So he clearly prefers it.

But my girl cat doesn't care for it. She likes typical petting and scritches and will move away if you pat her.
>>
>>2412607
update, she found herself a nice hiding spot until she gets brave enough to explore and her long lost buddy has calmed down and is keeping lookout for her quietly. looks like things will be okay.

different topic. how do you guys feel about cat names? if you adopt from another person do you rename or keep the name? mine are Zeus and Athena, and while they don't recognize their names, it would feel wrong taking the names away for something that suites MY wants. also i really like god names for cats.
>>
File: 1390009051384.jpg (51KB, 290x288px) Image search: [Google]
1390009051384.jpg
51KB, 290x288px
>>2412720
>my cat loves being smacked in the face and ass
You're cat is into that nasty rough shit
>>
>>2412607
>>2412731
Neutered males may still display sexual behavior, but in many cases it's just dominance. I have two adult males that were neutered at ~10 weeks, but occasionally the smaller one will bite his brother's nape and start humping him while he's just laying there sleeping or whatever. This behavior peaked at about 1.5-2 years. I'd just clap at him to startle him out of what he was doing since he'd bite hard enough to make his brother cry out. It seemed like he grew out of the behavior on his own after a couple months, though once in a blue moon he'll try it again.

Also had a friend with two neutered males that would regularly mount. In your case the behavior will probably resolve itself with time/spaying.

I've always gotten my cats young enough that renaming wasn't an issue. Yours sound like they're at this point as well, and in all honesty animals really don't care much anyway. If you feel bad you could always pick something with similar sounds, like... I dunno, Zeke/Zach and Agatha.
>>
just got a new cat, she is under the bed and won't come out. does the occasional hiss/growl when me or the other cat goes near her location under the bed. gonna take longer to acclimate than i previously thought.

put the litterbox and the food/water bowl in there, gonna sleep on the couch for the next few day in an attempt to leave her alone/make her comfy. also I wanna sleep next to the fucking air conditioner

wish me luck
>>
>>2412997
also, should i keep the other cat out? He's very friendly to her, and even if she hisses he just looks at her then walks away with literally no reactionary body language. He just chills in the bedroom laying down. i figure since he isn't messing with her and she will have to deal with him eventually, that hes fine in there.
>>
is there a such thing as a minature cat?
there are various sizes of dogs, from giant, to tiny, is there a small cat?
i want an adult cat that is the size of a kitten
>>
>>2413011
Another update on this, he is very calm and walks in/out of the room. He will leave her be under the bed and not bother her, but he will lay about 4 feet from her away from the bed.

While he does this, he chirps, then she lets out a prolonged low growl. This exchange goes on for like 3 minutes before he walks out of the room, he then wanders for 5 minutes, then comes back in and this continues. Should i separate them?
>>
>>2412720
Damn, on the head though? I haven't even tried that.

Mine is just a thicc/beefy cat and she likes to be roughed up. I still pet her normally but when I smack her she gets into it.

I named them Pumparum and Picklepea, the sound of a drum and a flute respectively. Pumparum appropriately likes being tapped like a drum and she's a beefier cat with a stocky build. My autistic ass figured Picklepea would want to be played like a flute so I instead tried drumming my fingers on her back and she likes that more than being smacked around.

So in conclusion, cats become their names? Or my naming scheme was just really prescient. Or confirmation bias. Or all of the above.

I need to go to bed.
>>
>>2413033
one last thing before i sleep, ran out and got a second litterbox, now she has her own space, will leave her in the bedroom with her food/water/litterbox. Previous owner says she loves toys, so left some out, and the original cats bed, so when she gets brave enough to leave the underside of the bed, she will hopefully get used to his scent.

going to sleep, lemme know if its a shit game plan or not. the first cat is currently meowing outside the door, but there won't be any physical contact between the two until i say so.
>>
>>2413090
Another update, dont mean to spam the thread, but figure that if during this process someone has advice ill take it, so just posting as it goes.

The good news is that the hissing/growling isnt aggression, its fear. Woke up to the two talking through the door (him chirping, her growling) went inside and closed the door behind me. She had no problem coming out to explore and coming near me without making any noise.

The reason i think its not aggression is because the previous owner said she loves mice on strings. I mounted one in a crevice to let the mouse hang down, and she went over to it immediately. Every time she batted at the mouse and it made its squeak, she would hiss/growl, but continue to hit it.

Im up at 4 fucking am, i really want this fucking cat to feel comfortable.
>>
File: mms_img-1255187822.jpg (230KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mms_img-1255187822.jpg
230KB, 576x1024px
>ywn be this comfy

Sorry for low quality
>>
>>2413137
>>2413090
>>2413033
Keep them separated for now, yes. Not because of aggression issues, but just because she's having enough time adjusting right now as is without throwing a new cat into the mix. Also, you want to start them off on the right foot, and for her not to associate him with a time period where she's flipping out in general.

You're doing the right things, she just needs time. A lot of cats don't deal well with change, and it's not at all uncommon for them to take a week or longer to adjust to a new living situation. It sounds like she's already making progress. Sitting quietly in the room without really paying attention to her unless she comes up to solicit attention will help get her used to you, too.
>>
>>2408923
Size: I have no idea how big my apartment is in Imperial, but we live in a 3 room flat.

Kitten: get a kat, less to worry about, and it's likely already trained for potty. Even better if it's spayed, because unspayed cats of both genders like to pee on stuff, and my female cat used to both yowl and present her butt to me while giving a "come hither" look over the shoulder, which was mildly disturbing.

Smell: that's what I do and if the cat covers the poop up, will be fine. If she doesn't, the smell might melt wallpaper. If you can, get bio (made from grains and shit) kitty litter than can be thrown into the toilet.

Cost: fuck if I know, we spent 30 euros (something less in bux, I guess) buying our cat specialty food from the vet. Probably spend more on kitty litter.
>>
My family's 14 year old bengal passed away in march, and I think we're getting ready to adopt a new cat. We've started looking, and my father is stubborn about getting a bengal again. Whereas me and the rest of the family is fine with a cat from a shelter if it's temperament is fine.
He says it's for his nose, which is partially true, but I worry that with getting another bengal he's trying to replace the cat instead of getting a new one, if that makes sense.
I don't really want a new bengal, because the one we had was special, and I don't want to compare the new cat to her or to remind me of her, I want it to be it's own cat.
Is my concern and dislike of the idea justified?
Also, is 4 months too short to have start looking? Sorry for blogposting.
>>
>>2413188
does it help or hurt how loud she can here him? he meows around ALOT, and right now i have 2 baby gates with towels to obscure vision, hoping this setup allows them to smell but not see eachother, and hear eachother during meal time to associate food/good stuff with eachother
>>
Best food to fatten my cat? She's lost some weight, the vet recommend standard canned food but she doesn't seem to intrigued by it
>>
>>2413472
another update.

I think she is only hissing/growling at the male because she is in heat. they said she gets more cuddly in heat, and so far she has allowed me to touch, pet, and full on pick her up. her only problem is with the male neutered kitty, who tries to mount her when they are together. they are separate for now, but gotta get this cat spayed. i just hope an operation and a change of home wouldnt be too much for her. should i wait?
>>
Update on the two cats.

came home and some kind of magic switch must have flipped. She and him were acting differently when they could see each other on each side of the baby gate. took a chance and let her out. she is in full on explore mode, and the male cat isn't trying to mount her anymore. on occasion he will go a little far with a play lunge and she will bat at him and hiss, but body language is good so far, not a single time were either cats ears down.
>>
File: 1498173532151.jpg (172KB, 960x1706px) Image search: [Google]
1498173532151.jpg
172KB, 960x1706px
reflection boy
>>
>>2413466
Sure its justified, and people have their own way of coping. What do you mean it was for his nose? Bengals aren't a hypoallergenic breed. Also you could wait until they come into shelters/rescues. We get bengal looking cats in, idk if they are pure bred but they look the same and that's all anyone wants anyways.
>>
>>2413466
It's justified. My family got two kittens that had the same white/orange patching as the cat I'd grown up with and I was really put out about it for months. Had trouble bonding with the new kittens.

I think 4 months is a reasonable time span, but everyone copes at their own pace. Some people are able to get new pets within a day or two of the older ones passing; when my family got the kittens, it had been 2 weeks, and that was way too soon for me. You could always try fostering if you're not sure if you're ready.

>>2413472
>>2413661
>>2413900
Sounds like they're doing well! You are so cute, anon, trying so hard for these cats. I enjoy reading your posts.

Spaying is so important that I wouldn't wait on it. That's how a lot of accidental litters happen - people intend to keep the animal indoors, but they will become very, VERY insistent about getting outside when they're in full-on heat. It only takes a few minutes with an alley stray to end up with 6 more cats.

>>2413514
"Kitten formulas" usually only differ from adult ones in that they have higher fat content, so you could try those. You can also find calorie supplements like NutriCal at Petco/smart: https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/tomlyn-nutri-cal-for-cats

There's not really any specific brand to recommend. You can read the guaranteed analysis for fat% and compare that way. If she's a picky eater, you may have to try different flavors and types before it'll take.

>>2414372
10/10 soul patch.
>>
>>2405258
They are expensive and will get mouldy after a while. My cats loved those ones that looked like water jugs. They loved that gurlge sound. Plus it's easy to clean.
>>
>>2405144
how do I care for an orphaned 4 week old kitten?
>>
>>2414695
From what isn't already mentioned in the kitten care link in OP, kittens that are alone can be very bitey. They aren't trying to be aggressive, they just don't know better. I know right now it seems fine since he is a kitten, but it isn't cute as adults. I've fostered many kittens before and the single kitten I raised (winter time, couldn't get another young one) grew up to be a biter. Again not out of aggression, but just to interact and play. I couldn't adopt him out, he was a liability to be at the shelter. My brother had to adopt him to keep the cat from getting euthanized. The cat still bites and draws blood regularly, although it has gotten better over time. So keep that in mind, if that is something you are able to put up with. Because of that your cat can certainly not be an outdoor cat at all, it would be killed very quickly. Look into kitten socialization, try your best to wean the cat off biting and if you can try to raise it with another kitten. It's also very important to fix them on time, around 3-4 months of age. I worry the biting will get worse too if left intact into teenage years. Your cat should be getting a vet visit ASAP to make sure it's healthy. It Should get a distemper shot at 6 weeks, another distemper shot at 8 weeks, and then continue getting the shots roughly every 3-4 weeks until 16 weeks old. It needs a rabies vaccine at 3 months of age.
>>
Why is my cat so afraid of plastic bags
I swear she never experienced any plastic bag-related trauma but she goes tearing across the house to hide behind a couch every time one comes out
>>
>>2405679
My cat goes outside to piss like a dog
>>
>>2405144

My gf wants to know what will happen if you put catnip spray on a cat, particularly if there is another cat in the vicinity.
>>
Never been to this board or general, but you guys are pretty cool and I love my cat. My cat is about 10 years old and his whole life he has been incredibly talkative. If you look at him and say something he'll starting meowing and looks like he is just trying to talk to me about whatever. This is aside from meowing that is distinctly because he's hungry and wants food. It's the first cat I've had but is it normal for them to be very talkative? I've never met a cat that meows as much as him.
>>
>>2415041
One of my cats is exactly the same way, and I think she gets lonely easily. She gets really upset when I leave town for a week. I've never seen another cat so talkative. I don't know what the hell she's trying to say 99% of the time but I humor her by responding and it seems to be satisfying for her. All cats are different, I guess; most cats I've had could take or leave any social interaction.
>>
>>2414902
My cat is scared of the fridge, especially if it's open. Not everything cats do has to make sense I guess.
>>
>>2406728
Search again, i found mine two days later.
And i dont even like him.
>>
>>2415041
It's normal. Every cat I've had was a chatter box. Especially when they got old.
>>
File: 1497168425288.png (2MB, 2048x939px) Image search: [Google]
1497168425288.png
2MB, 2048x939px
hey guys my cat got an abscess on his ear that i've been draining for the last week (also been giving him antibiotic shots in tandem)
I would drain all the pus and it would fill back up the next day, but the last time I cut him open it was all blood with virtually no pus (maybe a little but I didn't see it)

should I drain the blood? I feel like I should just leave it alone, it seems to be getting smaller on its own, but I wonder if I should lance him anyway just to relieve pressure.
>>
>>2405144
Hi! There's a half feral cat in my neighborhood. He was, I guess, a house cat before. He's so easy around people. I put him my room. He even slept in my bed. What I want to learn is if I can make him a full house cat. Is it possible? He's an old cat. I want him to live his last years in comfort.
>>
>>2415286
if he was feral for most of his life it wont be easy. keeping him locked inside will probably make him depressed.
>>
>>2415275
Yes, stop draining it if there's no signs of infection.

>>2415286
If he was even borderline feral, he wouldn't be easy around people or sleep on your bed. That there's just a stray. He'll probably adjust fine to being a housepet - take the old man in.
>>
File: 1397570035412.jpg (36KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1397570035412.jpg
36KB, 500x375px
>>2415316
but the ear is still incredibly swole up. I feel like I should poke it but I don't want to only draw blood again.
>>
>>2415331
Post pic.
>>
File: IMG_20170623_232402.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170623_232402.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>2415343
this is the best pic I could get. it used to be swollen up to the tip of the ear but started receding in the past few days, around the same time only blood came out. I think the pus is gone. (btw the pus was clear and had no smell, so I wasn't too concerned)
I'm sick and tired of cutting his ear open and I especially don't want to do it if there's no active infection.
>>
File: IMG_20170623_231757.jpg (711KB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170623_231757.jpg
711KB, 2592x1944px
>>2415343
>>2415378
this is the back of his ear. this mark only started showing like 2 or 3 days ago. at first I assumed he was scratching his ear raw but now I'm wondering if the abscess isn't working its way back there.
>>
>>2415378
>>2415381
Nigga that's not an abscess, it's an aural hematoma. Cats most often develop them when they have ear infections, mites, or allergies. Have you taken him to a vet?
>>
>>2415393
fuck. guess i have to take out a loan now.
but like I said, it was all pus and no blood at first. are you sure thats aural hematoma?
>>
Been reading all over the web about THE HORRORS of feeding your cat dry food and how it's like literally stabbing your cat in the heart with a knife!
what the fuck? is it really that bad? why are people acting like this?
I have a 4 year old male, fed him dry food when he was like 6 months old to 9 months then switched to homemade stuff and canned food.
About 6 months ago he had a huge hair shedding problem, never happened to him before.
He started vomiting hair every day for MONTHS, and I kept taking him to the vet and they told me "Well, he's just shedding, we checked and there is absolutely nothing wrong, just brush him everyday or shave him every 2 months!) totally retarded! NO ONE KNEW WHAT WAS WRONG.
I didn't know what to do, cat is vomiting hair and 80% of the food (because of the hair), I did NOT know what to do. these were the worst days of my life!
but then the miracle happened, I stumbled over Royal Canin Hair and Skin dry food. Got it to cat and cat started eating it and the hair stopped the craziness, cat stopped vomiting for 6 WEEKS which is a fucking miracle.
Unfortunately he vomited again (but because he ate random shit from on the floor) and he's going strong now, vomited only 3 or 4 times in the last 60 days thanks to the dry food (he used to vomit these 3 or 4 times in an HOUR EVERY DAY), now he's doing a lot better! the dry food actually saved my cat. and I'm very thankful. Cat ate 4kgs and I bought another 4 today.

SO WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH DRY FOOD? Shit saved my cat's life!
>>
>>2415406
Would you want to eat only dry, uniform, lab-engineered food for the rest of your life?
>>
>>2415393
>>2415395
another thing, before I started treating him he was acting sick and sluggish and not eating. after I started giving him antibiotics he sprang up, started running around the house and eating like normal. is it possible for an ear abscess to turn into a hematoma?
>>
File: 545530762_c507b5a3a1_o.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
545530762_c507b5a3a1_o.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>2415395
>>2415416
Possibly, if he was scratching at it?... I really want to help, anon, but I'm not sure enough to justify getting a loan over it. It's sort of strange either way; abscesses are usually yellowish and smelly, and hematomas usually look like watery blood, so I don't know how to account for the clear/odorless discharge you were having at the beginning.

The good news is that even if it is a hematoma, they usually get reabsorbed on their own over the course of several weeks. It's not comfortable for the cat, and keep in mind there's still usually an underlying cause for the hematoma, but it doesn't necessarily require vet intervention. An untreated ear will end up as a deformed (but not painful) "cauliflower ear" like this guy.
>>
>>2415406
The problem is this.

>Royal Canin Hair & Skin Care Adult dry food ingredients:
>Chicken meal, WHEAT GLUTEN, chicken fat, CORN, BREWERS RICE, CORN GLUTEN MEAL, natural flavors, grain distillers dried yeast, WHEAT, RICE HULLS, pea fiber, vegetable oil, dried plain beet pulp, fish oil, [long list of vitamins, minerals, and preservatives]

The capitalized ingredients are junk filler carbs that your cat isn't meant to be eating in significant amounts. Your cat is probably responding well to the fatty acid-rich oils used in the formula. However, the food itself isn't any more healthy than a McDonald's cheeseburger would be if you stuck a vitamin in between the buns.
>>
File: 1498279835561.jpg (58KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1498279835561.jpg
58KB, 1024x576px
>>2415419
that clear discharge sounds a lot like the 'water' you referred to. this is probably textbook hematoma. I hate to think I've been giving my cat antibiotic shots for no reason. this whole thing has been an ordeal for me because I am NOT comfortable with stabbing my cat and filleting him open like a fish. I thought the antibiotics were making him better but it was probably the draining of his ear tandem with the shots that really made him feel better.
>>
>>2415411
If that food is the reason why I have a "rest of my life" in the first place, then hell fucking yes.
>>2415423
I know, but put yourself in my position, was I suppose to just let him die?
I'm even planning on getting him ACANA after making sure that he's totally fine and the hair problem is gone, I've read somewhere that ACANA's got much better ingredients.
>>
File: nev.jpg (95KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nev.jpg
95KB, 1080x1080px
Here's a big floofy grump
>>
File: fdgdgd.jpg (56KB, 676x901px) Image search: [Google]
fdgdgd.jpg
56KB, 676x901px
I think this will be the last update on the two cats.

They are getting along well, calm around eachother. He no longer tries to mount her. They sniff eachother, chase eachother around. play with eachother.

On occasion he we'll overstep his bounds and she will bat at him an hiss, no more growling, and her ears arent down during this. I came home to him with a squinty eye and him being really calm, so im assuming he overstepped those bounds again and she put him in his place. He'll learn not to play with fire eventually.

I called it on him being lonely though, he did miss her when they were separated for a month and the yowling from him has completely stopped.

Also this is them! Zeus and Athena.
>>
>>2407279
Keep him. He wants someone to play with him. My cat used to be balls to the wall hyper all night till i tied a string to a stick. I play with him for maybe 10-15 mins a night and he's sleeping like a baby
>>
Fuuuuck how do I humanely get rid of my cats though

I'm about to drop them off in a forest. Which isn't humane at all. But I need them to go. They're fucking up my rental property and I can't deal with it.

>leave window open
>they climb up window screen
Fuck this shit. I'm tired of chasing after these fuckers
>>
File: 542135.png (599KB, 800x490px) Image search: [Google]
542135.png
599KB, 800x490px
My kitty's been missing for three weeks.

Come home, baby. Please come home.
>>
File: IMG_20170625_120706270.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_120706270.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>I ran across the street in front of a car, nearly orphaning 4 by less than 2 meters.
I think she saw me walking and decided to cross the street to meet me so I give her food or smth
>>
>>2405675
this is fucking brilliant AND will keep the fuckers out of my fishtanks
>>
>>2415900
Animal shelter
>>
File: IMAG0849-1.jpg (325KB, 610x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0849-1.jpg
325KB, 610x800px
>>2416050
She has a sister that was born with only one eye. She sits next to me every day, follows me everywhere in the house. If I go to the bathroom, she follows me. If I leave the room to get a drink she must come with me. She's my spirit animal.
>>
File: IMAG1699-1.jpg (350KB, 800x478px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1699-1.jpg
350KB, 800x478px
>>2416246
>>
File: 122321.jpg (417KB, 755x777px) Image search: [Google]
122321.jpg
417KB, 755x777px
>>2416247
>>
>>2416247
what is wrong with its eye?
>>
Rate my 2 cat's. :)
>>
File: IMG_20170625_173427.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_173427.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2416269
Oops.
>>
File: image1.png (482KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
image1.png
482KB, 750x600px
>>2416258
She was born without it. The whole litter had issues, they had a brother that died of distemper, and the sister >>2416251 has a history of seizures.
>>
>>2416270
those are some pretty cute puffs
>>
Due to my irresponsibility I have seemed to not have gave my cat water in a few days. I kind of noticed a little bit of sunken eyes, but I may be paranoid. I gave him a bowl of water last night and he drank most of it. I did the skin test and checked his gums for moisture, and they are moist as well as his nose. Would you say hes fine? His meow seems a bit off though. I believe he may have found alternative sources for water like the sink, or bathroom.
>>
>>2416368
He has been consistantly eating food everyday, but for some fucking reason i forget water. It was all due t my irresponsibility.
>>
>>2416370
eating dry food btw
>>
File: 79865238798.jpg (72KB, 394x700px) Image search: [Google]
79865238798.jpg
72KB, 394x700px
My cat doesn't stop licking his paws, he shakes and bites it like he has fleas (he doesn't have fleas), he can't stand still for a second and he vomited three times today. I don't know what to do, should I take him to the urgencies or wait until tomorrow and call the vet for an appointment? he have been doing this all day

(sorry for my english)
>>
>>2416381
I think it's hyperesthesia
>>
>>2416368
I don't think I have to tell you that you pulled a major dick move.

Keep him hydrated and in a cool environment. Give him love. If there's any discoloration in his eyes, gums, or skin, then you need to take him to a vet. Watch him closely until he's back to how he usually is and water your damn cat.
>>
>>2416370
how hard is it to fill up a big bowl of water and leave it out?
>>
File: 5e2.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
5e2.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
So...has any evidence been shown that cats live shittier/shorter lives on a diet of cheap friskies wet and dry foods?

Cause...we feed our cats that and just use basic Advantage for flea control, and all our cats have lived into their twenties, and the vets always said they were healthy.

Really not meaning to start a shitposting debate, so I waited till the thread was close to bump limit anyway. But I really do want to know, I just don't know where to look for the proper papers that have been backed up with research and more than just a small handful of studies.
>>
Why won't my cat chill on my lap? She's always meowing from the floor, making me lean over to pet over. I pick her up and sit her down on my lap and she just tolerates it for a bit and then jumps back down and meows at me again.

I've also tried ignoring her when she begs for attention while repeatedly tapping my thigh to see if maybe she'd realize "I'm not going to get any affection from down here". I think she gets what I'm asking but she's still like "nah".
>>
>>2416572
The only evidence is biological sciences. There has not been any testing mainly because that shit is expensive. Any animal industry doesn't make nearly as much money as people think and obviously a food company will want the tests skewed in it's favor. It's kind of like how we don't test how well an animal would survive being lit on fire all the time but science tells us they won't fair too well.
>>
File: IMG_1788.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1788.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2416572
I work at a clinic that specializes in cats, and our vet who has been in practice for over 35 years only feeds wet friskies (poultry, no fish)

She has found over the years that friskies is one of the few hypoallergenic wet foods to feed and actually transitions clients off of the expensive RC hypo diets onto just Friskies wet Chicken and liver and Turkey and Giblets.

I'd been feeding my kids expensive foods for years and they always had dandruff. Three weeks of being on nothing but wet friskies (poultry flavors) it has cleared up and their coats look marvelous.
>>
>>2416572
Some people smoke for 60 years and never develop emphysema or lung cancer. Some people eat McDonald's three times a week and still live to be 90 years old. That doesn't mean that either of these things are good lifestyle choices, or that doing these things doesn't raise the risk of certain health complications.

I don't have papers off the top of my head so I'll have to look later. Much of this is understudied or just now becoming an area of concern (particularly wet vs. dry food; I have, at least, seen studies concluding that dry food doesn't have a significant impact on oral health, contrary to popular belief). However, I CAN tell you that I've worked in vet clinics for the past decade and cats that come in with urinary crystals or blockages almost exclusively are being fed shitty all-dry foods, and the problems typically resolve when switched to higher-quality diets.
>>
Question: My cat's anus was bulging out earlier. I was worried it had a prolapsed anus, so I started googling info for cat's prolapsed anuses (thank you google for forever storing that info in your servers). I was going to take her to the vet, but I checked her again and the anus was back to normal. Is this common? She did take a poop in between the checking of the anus, so maybe she had a fat load and it was bulging out her anus flaps?
Serious question btw, just sounds fucked
>>
>>2416618
>bulging out her anus flaps
Kek.

Prolapsed rectums are uncommon and ugly in cats, and shouldn't clear up on their own so quickly. Unless the poop she passed was unusual (diarrhea or dry constipation poops, which could lead to straining), I wouldn't fret.
>>
File: 960661ef32d348832521d1bd437c1935.jpg (130KB, 600x1156px) Image search: [Google]
960661ef32d348832521d1bd437c1935.jpg
130KB, 600x1156px
>>2416628
poor kitty :(
>>
>>2416628
Yeah, it wasn't red like that, just bulging out. I'll keep an extra eye on her anus from now on, but thanks for the response.
>>
cat has ticks, collar or drops?
Also, how to get rid of ticks in house now.
>>
File: crygn sburdo.png (272KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
crygn sburdo.png
272KB, 512x512px
>>2416634
>>
>>2416666
Drops 100%. Collars are of dubious efficacy. Don't skimp on flea/tick med brands either - you will regret it. Get Frontline or Revolution.

Can't help you with tick removal from house, so I'll link you out. https://www.orkin.com/other/ticks/
>>
File: IMAG2090-1.jpg (442KB, 850x508px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2090-1.jpg
442KB, 850x508px
>>2416050
>>2416251
>>2416275

My kitty came home tonight! In good health... Missing for 3 weeks.
>>
>>2416723
Glad to hear. I'd suggest keeping her inside from now on.
>>
>>2416770
She actually turned up at the old house I used to live in. She's perfectly fine now, been stinkin up my house with cat farts.
>>
>>2408312
Good luck. She's beautiful; I hope she chills out and your apartment isn't damaged any further.
>>
>>2408346
You do know there's grain-free dry food, right?

I feed my catto both wet and dry food; he gets pic related for breakfast and wet food for dinner, and he liked the wet food fine but he goes absolutely nuts for the dry. He can't even wait for me to get the scoop of food from the bag on the back of the toilet tank into his bowl three feet away without doing a little happy dance and yodel-meowing.
>>
>>2407279
There's actually a very good Siamese-specific rescue right in your area - https://cs.siameserescue.org/

That said, I'd give him a chance. He sounds like an adorable, sweet cat. Siamese can be a handful, but they love people, and if you can get him to chill out he'll be a great companion.
>>
File: IMG_20170626_113457328.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170626_113457328.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Kotek
>>
>>2415502
I want to pinch his cheeks.
>>
File: Snapchat-1362442550.jpg (423KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-1362442550.jpg
423KB, 1080x1920px
Ayy, posted awhile back about the part siamese girl I got being bananas and basically letting me get no sleep, whining at me constantly, shitting outside the litter box, ect. So getting another helped her briefly after but she started doing her little routine of jumping on the bed, meowing at me 4 or 5 times, jumping into the blinds, meowing more then doing it all again 5 minutes later. Now she's back to doing pretty well, I get woken up from them playing around 6am but it's still a shit ton better than the constant rotation she did and I'm glad that she seems much happier and little dude is the best. He's much more of a traditional cat/kitten I feel than she is. He tears shit up and goes ham when playing, begs for my steak when I'm eating, ect all stuff she just doesn't do that i usually associate with being a cat. They got along INSTANTLY too which was great. He is real scared of people though that aren't me, when friends came over one night he wouldn't come out of the room and same when my mom came over. He wouldn't even let me touch him even if she was in the other room. Should I try to introduce him to more people and get him used to others or think it might be because he's so young and still new to the apt (a month and a half of having him now I think)?
>>
>>2416898
Pretty kitten, great coloring and patterns. 10/10, wood cohabitate with

>>2416812
>without doing a little happy dance and yodel-meowing.
pics and or vid
>>
>>2416963
>Should I try to introduce him to more people and get him used to others
YES. Kotten is at an impressionable stage of development right now, now's the time to do it.

Have a stranger come in, drop high value treats in front of him (steak if necessary), and quietly leave without interacting further with him. Do this multiple times with multiple people. Kotten will quickly learn that strangers bear gifts and make good things happen. Do not force interaction, let him go to them.
>>
Who has the oldest cat on /an/?
Who has the oldest pet?

My kittum is 15 years old.
>>
got some sexual aggression in a male neutered cat toward an intact female, will this go away once she is spayed and no longer goes into heat?
>>
>>2405144
Hey nigger
>>
Rate my kitty
>>
>>2417604
Are you positive it's sexual aggression? Usually it is the other way around; unfixed male having aggression towards fixed female. But yeah it could help
>>
>>2418235
the male is fixed and the female is intact. he tries mounting her a few times a day. the shitty thing is that i am going away for work for a week (someone will be taking care of them) and i am hoping that none of this freaks out or hurts the female.
>>
>>2417889
diseased/10
>>
File: 20170628_040406.jpg (1MB, 1429x2146px) Image search: [Google]
20170628_040406.jpg
1MB, 1429x2146px
Here's my boy
>>
>>2417889
would take home with me when you arent looking

>>2418265
would sneak treats to
>>
>>2418254
they'll be fine
>>
File: IMG_20170626_182142.jpg (341KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170626_182142.jpg
341KB, 1536x2048px
Rate my kitty
>>
File: Ragdoll-Cat-Breed.jpg (51KB, 784x1148px) Image search: [Google]
Ragdoll-Cat-Breed.jpg
51KB, 784x1148px
Ragdoll cats and Turkish Angora cats are the best cats I ever had.
They are so cute and I also took them for walk outside like a dog lol.
My Ragdolls name is Seraphina and the other cat's name is Arya.
>>
I have a question about my cats. Me and my brother used to live together but he got engaged and I moved out. The thing is we each had a cat and they were really close, and since moving out like 4 months ago his cat has gotten really skinny and I'm not sure if it's because he's an idiot and isn't taking care of her properly or cuz she's depressed now that she's alone, since mine was also sad at first.
>>
>>2408819
>>2406012
Holy fuck I have seen you in so many threads. You should get a tripcode.
>>
>>2418675
Fluffy/wuffy.

>>2418742
What is your question? We can't tell you if your brother isn't feeding the cat properly. Cats may get depressed if separated from animals they're strongly bonded with, but almost all of them would have adapted by the 4 month point.
>>
>>2408730
What'd he catch? Is that a mouse or something?
Whatever it is, good job, kitter
>>
File: puukkokissa.jpg (73KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
puukkokissa.jpg
73KB, 604x453px
What is wrong with my cat? It only chirps, it doesn't meow at all!

pic unrelated
>>
File: IMG_20170625_103637.jpg (300KB, 1300x1733px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_103637.jpg
300KB, 1300x1733px
1.5 month old kitten.
>>
>>2419262
Option A: you own a bird.

Option B: your cat is just not vocal by nature, which happens sometimes.
>>
Just adopted a 2 month old kitten named Cali. She's of course a little skittish, just wondering what else I could do to help. Already keeping her in just my room for now, she's hiding under my bed as we speak. What else can I do to help potty train her as well? Forgot to ask them what their feeding schedule was
>>
>>2417428
My cat is 19 and literally on death's door. I don't think she has many days left so I'm making her comfortable as possible.
>>
>>2419541
Pretty much leave her alone while she's adjusting. You can sit on the floor quietly browsing your laptop or something and see if she comes out, but don't force her out or anything. When they're very stressed cats tend to hold their urine/poop, so don't worry that she's gonna mess under there. Keep your movements slow and let her come to you and sniff your hand before you move to pet her. Offer treats and stick to cheek-stroking and head-rubbing, no scary overhead or full-body pets for now. Kittens bounce back quickly, she'll warm up to you soon.

At 2 months cats are pretty much already potty-trained and just need to be shown where the litterboxes are. Periodically - especially after she eats - carry her and place her gently in the litterbox. She'll probably jump right back out again, which is fine, since the point here is just to form the location association. Maybe a dozen repetitions of this and she should be fine. You can also praise/treat when you catch her finishing up in the box. When one of my boys was a kitten, he'd use the box and immediately run over to me looking for a treat, all proud of himself. Never had any litter problem with him or his siblings in the 4 years we've had 'em.

>>2419547
F. Sleep tight, old kitter.
>>
File: IMG_0327.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0327.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I'm watching my sister's cat for a few days and I noticed he has a dry/flaky nose. Is this a problem? He's an indoor cat btw
>>
>>2419663
Hyperkeratosis. Common, 99% not a problem, and apparently very common in bengal noses. It's only a problem if it dries up and cracks, as it can become infected then. You could put a tiny bit of vaseline, olive oil, etc. on it to soften and moisten the skin.

That cat's a fucking beaut, by the way.
>>
>tfw you make a question and your fellow cat friends ignore you
;_;

>>2419547
Aww... :c
I press F for old kittum. Would you post a pic of her? Does she look old at all?
>>
File: IMG_0343.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0343.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>2419668
Thanks for the information anon

I agree, he's very pretty
>>
>>2419599
Thanks for the advice friend. Shes actually already warmed up to me. Spent about 3 hours with her just in my room and me playing with her toys regardless and she would come out and watch me. We're now currently laying on my bed after I came and played with her some more. She came up and meowed and licked me on the nose a couple of times and I think it was her thanking me for getting her out of that shitty cage. Pic related.

Also forgot to mention she's had an URI. Store down the street offers flu shots every Sunday, dont think she's sick right now. How often should I have to worry about her potentially getting sick?
>>
File: 20170629_215215.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170629_215215.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>2419818
Forgot pic
>>
File: 1262983943615.jpg (10KB, 391x351px) Image search: [Google]
1262983943615.jpg
10KB, 391x351px
>Flatmate: "When we move to our new house, I want to get 2 puppies!"
>Also flatmate: "You need to keep your cat in one room if she's going to throw up, especially since the new place is mostly carpet."

I switched her to a grain free natural dry food but she still eats mostly wet food. She's not sick (according to the vet), it's not hairballs. It's not super frequent and doesn't even stain. I'm going to try weening her off the dryfood completely and I hope that helps but I'm worried it's just going to continue and be harder to clean up.

Anyone else have cats with food-vomiting problems even on grain-free, mostly protein, natural diets? Is it a dry food problem or is it possibly a food or sensitivity issue in general?
>>
hi folks my cat's a dumbass, had some fur missing from his leg probably from a tussle with the other cat and decided to lick it raw

what can I put on him to stop him licking it? tried gauze and tape, really tight, kicked it off because it's right by the elbow. also tried putting an elastic finger wrap around it and it fit without seeming too tight but I was still worried about cutting off circulation. put it around a screwdriver to stretch it overnight

any better solutions?
>>
>>2419818
>>2419821
Glad to hear it. Pretty cute kotten there, anon.

URIs are extremely common in cats that came from shelters and rescues. Unfortunately it's just part and parcel with having lots of animals in an enclosed environment, like how colds get passed around by kids at school. Once they clear up - which usually doesn't take longer than 10 days or so - they don't usually show symptoms again.

I've never heard of cat flu, which I had to double-check on the Googles to be sure is actually a thing, so I'm not sure what the shot's about. Maybe it's a regional vernacular difference? The FVRCP vaccine (aka feline distemper) is actually a combo vaccine that does protect against two viral agents that cause URIs in addition to distemper/panleukopenia: calicivirus and viral rhinotracheitis.

>>2419826
Fuck your roommate.

How often is "not super frequent"? This is going to sound weird, but occasional vomiting is actually normal in healthy cats. It's kinda just how they function, not like us where if we throw up it's either "shit, what did I eat?" or "shit, I'm sick". One of mine throws up about once every 6 weeks - just for shits and giggles, I guess.
>>
>>2419829
Wrapping a bandage that actually stays on can be tough even for professionals with proper medical supplies. Cats are really, really good at getting bandages off.

I think you'd be better off just picking up an e-collar for a couple bucks at your local petstore. I've also seen people use infant/dog clothes to keep cats from getting at wounds, but it sounds like your guy's issue might be an area where that wouldn't be helpful. You could put some lemon juice or anti-chew products like bitter apple on the site to deter licking, but obviously don't do this if there's an actual wound.
>>
>>2419837
no wound, it's just raw from too much licking. I'll try some lemon juice, hopefully it works

thanks for the help!
>>
File: IMG_0659.jpg (164KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0659.jpg
164KB, 800x600px
>>2417428
Not a recent picture, but she's a 20 years old lady, living with my parents. She's deaf and she's got joint pains, but no major health problem, so I hope she lives a little longer. I grew up with that cat (and three others who died of age-related problems in the last four years).
>>
>>2419887
>>2419887
https://youtu.be/3hWPI2Rysmg

More recent.
>>
File: IMG_0283.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0283.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
fat fuck
>>
>>2419939
cute!
>>
>>2419826
Cats are known to vomit dry food because cats don't chew their food enough. Is the vomit visibly food chunks or is it just liquid?
>>
Since this thread is close to kicking the bucket, anyone have any suggestions on what to put into OP, or if I should switch links out with something better? Otherwise I'm keeping it as is.
>>
>>2419939
>little white tail tip

C U T E
>>
>>2419834
Is quick breathing symptoms of a uri? I noticed it after I brought him home from the adoption place. He's currently chilling right now resting, counting his BPM a couple of times he's around 26-30. Probably gonna take him to the vet over the weekend
>>
>>2420112
No other symptoms? I don't generally notice that until the cat is so sickly with snot it becomes troublesome to breathe. It may be something else
>>
>>2420142
Well he's sneezing but its clear, you're right he may just have a little congestion or thats what I'm hoping. Dont have a thermometer for him but his ears aren't hot so no fever I believe. Taking him to the vet tomorrow. Hoping it isn't a hernia
>>
>>2420112
>>2420159
Did you mean RPM (respirations per minute)? 26-30 is totally normal. If he seems like he's breathing quickly it's more likely related to the stress of adjusting to a new environment at this point.

Is he neutered? Any vet worth their salt will check kittens for umbilical hernias prior to surgery so they can fix it when they're already under anesthesia for surgery. Other than umbilical ones, hernias are uncommon in cats.

Don't worry senpai, he's gonna be okay. It sounds like you're doing a good job with him and he already likes you.
>>
>>2410405
I have one like this, would not recommend. My cat loved it but the contours of these make them very difficult to clean. It didn't help that he would play in the water which made it get dirty more quickly.
>>
>>2408201
you paid for a cat...?
>>
File: 1498705083161.png (210KB, 287x304px) Image search: [Google]
1498705083161.png
210KB, 287x304px
>>2408730
>>2408727
These cats get the good kitty reward <3
>>
>>2420008
There's info for kitten rescue but not kitten care for people who just bring home a kitty from the shelter. Might serve to be more useful in the next thread.
>>
>>2419887
Aww...
How did she get deaf?
My 15 yo still doesn't seem to have any problem. She has been with me since I was 14.
>>
Who else has a cat that gets under the duvet and rests their head on the pillow next to you? Love my John. 13 years old, adopted her age 9.
>>
File: 1432940573293.png (562KB, 463x634px) Image search: [Google]
1432940573293.png
562KB, 463x634px
>>2420230
>getting "free" baby animals, which are usually unvaccinated, unsterilized, have internal/external parasites, not tested for FeLV/FIV
>vs. one-time shelter fees that usually include all this +/- microchipping
>>
>>2420282
She lost her hearing with age. We started noticing because she's a very smart cat, and would usually "talk" with us. She did so less and less.
We also think it made her a bit paranoid. While she loved taking strolls in the garden when she was younger, nowadays she only goes out if she can keep us in her sight, and doesn't venture far from the door. She's afraid something from outside might surprise her, but she 100% trusts us.

Congratulations on your 15 years old cat! I hope she lives long too. I have a soft sport for senior cats. Those I have known were usually calm and affectionate, even those who were a bit moody at a younger age.
>>
File: life is hard.jpg (435KB, 600x1003px) Image search: [Google]
life is hard.jpg
435KB, 600x1003px
>>2420293
My burrows under the covers too. She started doing it because I trolled her by throwing my blanket on her, and she got a taste for it.
>>
>>2420311
Mine also is a smart cat who talks with us. If that happened to her, it would be very sad.
One curious thing about mine is that she still gets in heat. Imagine an old horny lady. lol
>>
File: cat.png (1MB, 1653x1134px) Image search: [Google]
cat.png
1MB, 1653x1134px
Does anybody know what kind of cat this is?
>>
Is it possible for kitties to become bonded like rabbits?
>>
File: IMG_20170702_183303.jpg (133KB, 960x754px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170702_183303.jpg
133KB, 960x754px
You guys know what type of cat this is people are telling me it's a ragamuffin
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.