[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That's a friendly cat... maybe TOO friendly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1939.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1939.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I recently took in a stray cat who was likely a TNR at some point. I know that typically means a cat is feral but this guy has been super tame and friendly, so I suspect he might be a stray. He was very outgoing and persistent in getting my attention and almost constantly hangs around me.

It's all going so well, which makes me feel uneasy sometimes. I worry this cat might have rabies or something, because I can't believe an animal could appreciate or trust me so quickly without some neurological problems. I haven't been able to take him to a vet yet and we've only been together 2 days. Am I just being paranoid?
>>
Work at a shelter. We hear this kind of story all the time with strays that get brought in - many of them are extremely sweet and get picked up because they walk right up to people. Don't be paranoid.
>>
>>2404856
Never trust a stray/feral. Especially blacks
>>
Enjoy your cat
>>
I've had a few outdoor cats come up to me. Two were def strays, or not well cared for. Once was a tiny kitten screaming and running after us after spending at least two days in the hot summer sun(we heard it the first day but thought it was a squirrel making weird noises, then on our next walk she barreled out of some bushes after us so we scooped her up) and this boss ass, scraggly, skinny black flea bag cat who after following me almost two miles home I decided if she had a home, she deserved better.

Another was an extremely obese male following me into stores but he obviously had a home and I had no resources to take in a cat at the time.

If a cat is friendly it's likely that it is used to humans and even it was a stray or someone's cat, a bunch of people tend to feed whatever cats come there way.
>>
>>2404856
Its just using you for food
>>
Take the cat to a vet when you're able. Don't freak out before then
>>
>>2404856
Some cats just like people and/or are smart enough to know they are a good food source.
>>
pay for the blood work, its not that expensive
>>
>>2404873
This
>>
File: 1342783153194.png (31KB, 722x497px) Image search: [Google]
1342783153194.png
31KB, 722x497px
>>2404856
>be hungry no where nice to sleep
>tiny cat brain dimly remembers sometimes people feed you if you make noise at them
>they have hookers with wigglers to groom you with too
>try it out
>god damn this dumb monster brought me someoewhere coy
>holy shit is that food
>oh man its masturbating me now great
>go to sleep
>wakeup and forget life was ever any different
>just keep meowing at it and food eventually comes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpl5mOAXNl4
>>
>>2405138
>>
>>2404856
This cat is comfortable around people because that probably how he survived on the streets
>>
The cats are feral, which means they're still domesticated. Animals that are domesticated can still acclimate to humans pretty easily even if they grew up feral, as they still have the domesticated genes and behaviors and tendencies. True wild animals will always struggle to adapt.

The cat has probably had humans helping to take care of it and is used to them and associates them with food. True escaped pets usually can't handle the wilderness and end up starving. Every single indoor pet that I have found has been pretty thin.

Does the cat also have a the tip of one of its ears cut off in a smooth line? It looks like it might, which is usually a sign that it was a feral cat that was caught, sterilized, and then released. The nick in the ear is how vets can tell that the procedure has already been done.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.