[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dog Laws

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: Superman Chris Reeves.jpg (395KB, 995x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Superman Chris Reeves.jpg
395KB, 995x1400px
In the UK, there is a law that says if your dog is worrying/causing distress to livestock, the farmer is permitted to shoot it. What does /an/ think of this?

Pic unrelated
>>
>>2404422
I don't know but you can endlessly buy rats from pet stores and publically torture and rip them into pieces with your hands in the US, and these laws piss me off way more than that one does.
>>
>>2404422
Sounds like muslim farmers created this law.
Also fuck rats
>>
>>2404431
NO U
>>
>>2404422
Control your pets. Anything they do it your responsibility. Just like your children.
>>
>>2404534
>dog is behaved and sitting
>cow looks away for a second
>farmer goes - oh no your dog spooked my cow
>*shoots dog*
this is legal
>>
>>2404541
The law is not for when you are passing by walking your dog on a leash. It's for when your dog gets out and starts chasing and/or attacking someone's livestock
>>
>>2404422
I'm fine with that. If you have a kid on a horse and a dog comes running up, I'd rather the potentially aggressive dog be killed than a friendly but dumb dog scaring a horse and killing the child that is on it. It's a shame but a dog can cause some mass destruction on a farm. I think the dog's owners should also reimburse the livestock owners. It could have been prevented by just putting the dog on a lead.

>>2404425
That I am not ok with though. Is that true, or is it more like there are welfare laws but no one really cares to enforce them? I know rats have some welfare laws because I was part of a team to clear out a rat hoarders house, and we had a warrant for it.
>>
>>2404422
You do realize live stock worrying is is them actually attacking right?
>>
This isn't a problem because I'm not a nigger who lets my dog run free on other people's property
>>
>>2404541

Farmers don't actually want to shoot dogs because it's a legally somewhat grey area that has to be reported to the police and can take weeks to thrash out (was the dog harassing livestock at that time and was the shotgun discharged safely with no humans in the vicinity and were all efforts taken to minimise suffering, etc, etc). So no, even in your fairly weird example where your dog is randomly sitting in the middle of a farmer's field and you are standing at a safe distance idly scratching your bum while Old Bessie is placidly eating grass and the farmer is patrolling with a shotgun that he has taken out of his gun cabinet and loaded for no particular reason, no, the farmer probably wouldn't break the law just because he fucking loves creating an ongoing legal drama for himself.
>>
>>2404541
That's not for that. In plenty of farm heavy areas there even people are warned to stay the fuck away from cattle because people and dogs get hurt.

Why cattle seem to get to do anything and wander wherever is something you should be complaining about.
>>
>>2404534
I wish I could shoot people's trouble children.
>>
>>2404422
In my state killing an animal is legal if its a threat to your life or your property
>>
>>2404592
>shotgun
>>
>>2404422
This law is perfectly reasonable and I have no objection to it.

What I want to know is if it also legal to do the same to stray/feral cats. If it isn't, then it should be.
>>
>>2404702

That's typically what UK farmers own, yes. You can get a shotgun licence fairly easily for generic pest control, but each rifle you own needs to have a justified and specific purpose, so shotguns are far more common for pest control.
>>
>>2404962
Just saying it sounds dangerous and inhumane. Also not particularly effective. In the US we use long rifles on dogs that harass livestock or wildlife. I imagine the outcome is much better.
>>
>>2404973
Even in the US that's still regional. In mostly flat areas, which is where most of the agriculture takes place btw, rifles are considered dangerous because of the distance they carry, and shotguns are the norm.
>>
>>2405004
ah, I see you've never been to the rural US.

what we actually do is practice with our rifles until we won't miss. Also it helps to be taller than what you're shooting at so if you do miss the bullet hits the ground.

shotguns aren't going to work on a dog in flat country, by the time you get in range they'll be long gone unless you can run 45 mph for 15 miles.
>>
>>2405007
>what we actually do is practice with our rifles until we won't miss

The amount of arrogance and stupidity in this sentence is staggering.

Also, apparently you need to practice some more; http://wdtn.com/2015/07/08/stray-bullets-an-unexpected-danger-in-rural-neighborhoods/
>>
>>2405007
You are a fucking idiot
>>
>>2405009
>you need to practice some more
that would be our kids practicing.
>>
>>2405017
Ah, good ol' fashioned natural selection.
>>
>>2405019
not really. People with bad aim rarely get shot.
>>
>>2405020
No, but inbred idiots do.
>>
>>2404550
No, rats and mice are not protected by animal cruelty laws.
You can find thousands of videos of blenders, microwaving, tearing in half, punching, stomping, kicking, shooting and other actual bdsm torture. Most of the videos are just rat shooting.
>>
>>2404422
If your dog is attacking farm animals and it continously keeps doing it then it should be shot. However, the idea of simply causing distress to livestock is fucking retarded because that is really broad.
>>
>>2404422
Well it gets my dick pretty hard
>>
>>2404422
My parents owned a farm and these two dogs kept trying to eat our chickens. We had to shoot them they kept coming back.
>>
>>2405260
They also kept tearing up the barn door
>>
>>2405260
If they got a single chicken they deserve it.
cluckers>laprats
>>
>>2405020
No people with GOOD aim rarely get shot because they're shooting the guys with bad aim more successfully.

It's not rocket /sci/ence.
>>
>>2405387
>they're shooting the guys with bad aim more successfully.
that would be murder, which is still against the law in Iowa last I checked.
>>
>>2405387
People with bad aim most likely don't have guns and wouldn't be in a situation where they could be shot.
>>
>>2404541
>>
>>2404422
One of my ag classes during the summer is being held at a privately owned, several-thousand acre high-fence operation with a shitton of awesome grazing mammals living on it.
There are stray dogs from neighboring properties. Sometimes they don't do anything, but sometimes you get a really aggressive dog and they've lost animals to them before.

They're absolutely justified in shooting dogs on the property.

For farmers and ranchers, these animals are their livelihood. There's no good reason why they shouldn't be able to protect them.

Imagine a big, aggressive stray bearing down on a newborn calf. I love dogs and I've grown up with them all my life, and I bet you a lot of those farmers have, too, but I wouldn't think twice about killing a dog like that.
>>
>>2404422
Its a widespread law, hunters can also shoot dogs or cats that are considered wild, that means not on private property and without recognizable owner.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.