[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

Let's try one of these.
>>
>>2402561
>dog sleeps in other room on her own dog bed where I have to keep her tied to
>some nights she spergs out and starts making whining noises that wakes everyone up
>untie her and she goes sonic speed into my room so she can sleep with me

What is going on here? Why is my dog such an autist?
>>
Should I get a toller or a collie?
>>
>>2402569
>what's is going on here?
The dog likes and wants to sleep with you? You're the autist here

>>2402628
For what purpose?
>>
>>2402700
Why does it matter their clearly not a Shepherd I'm so sick of these all border collies must have a hundred sheep to herd or your a bad owner elitests, as long as he or she takes it for walks and is prepared to play with and look after it who cares???
>>
>>2402561
Why does my dog hate being on furniture? Most dogs would die to be allowed on the bed. Since he was a puppy he's always been vehemently opposed to being off the ground, whether it's on the bed, a chair, or the couch. Even the first day I brought him home he wouldn't stand for it. He gets very nervous and immediately tries to find his way down. He's a big dog and he has trouble jumping down from places, could that be it? I just wanted a cuddle buddy. )-:
>>
Why are corgis retarded?
>>
File: bc.jpg (266KB, 1150x891px) Image search: [Google]
bc.jpg
266KB, 1150x891px
>>2402628
My pitbull Brutus has a toller buddy, she's a good girl.
>>
>>2402705
It matters because most people don't seem to know that they require more physical and mental stimulation than other dogs, then dump neurotic messes off at the shelter because what do you know, it tore up the furniture and/or a child

I'm not saying it needs to be a herding dog specifically, it just needs to be more than your average dog that you interact with for an hour tops a day
>>
>>2402707
Build a pillow fort on the ground and cuddle with him there

>>2402712
Because people don't properly care for them and/or it wasn't bred well
>>
>>2402700
>For what purpose?

I want a buddy to take on morning walks and go to the park or the beach and play fetch with on the weekends. I'm most comfortable with collies, but a doggo bred for water is appealing bc I love the water.
>>
>>2402700
Yeah but she's 14 years old now. I thought this was something puppies only do.
>>
>>2402628
As the owner of a 6yr old, highly strung female toller I'd say go for a collie. Obviously both breeds vary a lot but ours is very hard to deal with at times and demands a lot of energy while being less personable than I would expect a collie to be.
>>
>>2402718
Ah, I'm sorry anon I just really want a border collie and am sick to the back teeth of argument. After all the sheep to border collie ratio is only getting more lopsided towards the border collie if we consider that sheep are being killed for meat much much more often than border collies get killed or die naturally. And thus there are a surplus of border collies to sheep.
>>
>>2402569
Try crate training
>>
Why my dog eats trash, bones and stuff i dont want it because then it throws up
>>
File: 1497197684004.jpg (1017KB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1497197684004.jpg
1017KB, 1456x2592px
Please read >>2404402
>>
>>2402713
Thats a chocolate labrador retriever
>>
>>2404406
No anon, that's a pitbull.

You can't argue with the law.
>>
When the dog rubs their ass on the ground, there is a name for the thing that causes it right?
>>
>>2405168
Worms.
>>
>>2405311
or impacted anal glands
>>
>>2405315
Or maybe it just suffers from the rare condition of an itchy ass
>>
>>2402569
She's sizing you up to see if she can eat you
>>
>>2405315
>Literal butthurt
Maybe you should stop trolling your dog IRL. (Or tell it to stop shitposting IRL)
>>
File: 20170612_175036.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170612_175036.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
I found a pigeon on the street with a brutally wounded eye, a passerby mentioned it had been there for two days and was probably hurt by a neighborhood cat. It was burning up outside and since it was panting I was worried it would die if it stayed out, so I brought it back inside and out it in a cool cage in my room with some water and bread. I don't know what to do now if I want to help this thing, what do /an/? I sent an email to my local pigeon rescue group, but I want to know if there's anything else I can do for this poor thing.
>>
File: 20170612_175025.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20170612_175025.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>2405399
Here's a picture of his eye. It wasn't this dark when I picked him up.
>>
>>2402569
>What is going on here?
Your dog wants to sleep with you. And, because you untie her when she starts whining, she learns that if she wants to sleep with you in your room, all she has to do is make a lot of noise. Good job, you've trained your dog to act like this.
>>
>>2405415
Needs vet attention or that's a dead bird. Gotta weigh up whether its worth it, can you offer it the care it needs?
>>
What are the recommended "herb garden for beginners" resources?
>>
>>2405555
Try the homegrowmen thread in /out/.
There's a list of resources in the threads sticky
>>
Are malamutes/or even huskies able to form close bond with a person? Or are they more of a... loner dogo?
>>
>>2402569
You are mean :( At the same time I am jelly. I wish my parents dogo would sleep with me. Sadly, she cannot climb the stairs to my room, too small for a big dog. Every time I visit my parents and stay for a night I notice her sleeping with father, downstairs. She extends one of her paws so it touches father's back. She must "feel" him close. Every. Time. It is so cute.
>>
>>2405415
Biggest risk is infection. I've seen lots of one eyed birds get by in nature but it's just a roll of the dice if they succumb to disease or not. Right now you can't do much probably but wait to hear back from them. Just keep him cool and comfortable, maybe some food just to keep his energy up.
>>
File: wiuLY[1].png (181KB, 741x537px) Image search: [Google]
wiuLY[1].png
181KB, 741x537px
>>2405619
>>2405436
Took him to a facility and it turns out he was blind in both eyes. No wonder he was so unresponsive. They had to euthanize him. I thought everything was going to be okay when he opened up and started drinking water, but I could have never imagined this. I feel like shit now.
>>
File: 1494398465373.gif (959KB, 300x201px) Image search: [Google]
1494398465373.gif
959KB, 300x201px
>>2402561

>puppy won't stop nipping/biting
>ignoring him makes him bark and whine super fucking loud until we leave him in his kennel
>he also holds his poops when he's outside and waits to poop when he's inside
>he also gets into fits where he wants to be held, then bites our hands, then if we put him down he starts barking really loud and whimpering

I didn't realize how hard this would be please someone help
>>
A coworker's cocker spaniel who is 13 seems to be sick. The dog's left eye is moving by itself, slightly off the "normal" angle, and he finds it hard to stand on his back legs. Also not eating or drinking anything. What's going on and how I can help?
>>
>>2405691
>puppy won't stop nipping/biting
when he nips you, shriek loudly, stop playing, and turn your back on him. keep moving away if he tries to keep biting. when he calms down, praise him.

teething is a very difficult time. try to have lots of different kinds of toys for him to chew on. ice cubes have worked well for me.

>he also holds his poops when he's outside and waits to poop when he's inside
make him stay outside until he poops or watch him like a hawk inside and when he acts like he's going to poop, grab him and take him outside at once. make sure you praise him when he poops outside; maybe give him a special treat.

>>2406013
encourage your coworker to take his dog to the vet
>>
>>2405685
These things happen. Most people wouldn't have been kind enough to try, you did the best thing anyone could have done.
>>
>>2403469
People who "crate train" dogs should be taken to a psychiatric hospital and evaluated. And their dogs taken from them forever.
>>
>>2404406
Lurk moar dumb bitch
>>
/out/ here.

I've got a real good doggo for a hiking buddy, but I want to teach her how to do something useful.

I was thinking about training her to find antlers, anyone have experience with this?

It'd also be neat to train a SAR dog, but I think that is way beyond my skill level.

Scout and I are out hiking every weekend anyway, so why not train her to do something useful?
>>
>>2407217
>find antlers
Check the legality in your area. There's some places with retarded laws about gathering shed antlers.
>>
>>2407247
for what purpose?
>>
>>2407252
there are other animals/organisms in the forest that will take care of the antlers. they don't want you to disturb the natural order of the ecosystem, basically. some areas are more anal about this than others. it's like the "no gathering rainwater" laws
>>
>>2407252
No idea. Always assumed it was supposed to be a deterrent for trophy poaching.
>>
I'm looking for binoculars. Since you're into birdwatching and such, I guess you may recommend me something to git gud :)
>>
>>2402898
Some animals just grow needy as they get older. It may be a sign of a condition. My cat started doing that when she developed kidney disease and hyperthyroidism.
>>
Bad food for wild squirrels? I actually gave one a pizza slice and shit went running to a tree
>>
>>2402569
Just put her bed in your room it's an easy solution and doesn't wake anyone up except maybe you if she jumps in the bed
>>
>>2404403
I had a healthy kek.
Try less watering.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.