[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dog mom science

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 8

File: 1482967155049.jpg (230KB, 884x511px) Image search: [Google]
1482967155049.jpg
230KB, 884x511px
what is some retarded shit normies say about dogs that is not true
>>
>>2400624
Anything emotions related
>>
>dogs need to be walked every day
>they need their water to be changed every day
So fucking dumb.
>>
Dogs can't look up.

Not sure where that came from but I've known multiple people, standing right next to a dog say that.
>>
>>2400656
Wait I just looked it up, but those people were not quoting the movie.
>>
>>2400624
I've had people tell me that dogs know English. As in they understand our words and their meanings with no formal training, that it's just ingrained in them. A lot of people actually believe this.
>>
Dogs are man's best friend!
>>
>>2400665
dogs are fine its just pitbulls that are the canine equivalent of niggers
>>
>>2400665
>blog.org
>blog gets money to operate by the government and get donations
>all it is is a single jew chink that pulls stuff out of her ass and writes opinion pieces
>tfw blog.org is on par with CNN
>>
>mom has raised a neurotic yorkie/schnauzer mix
>"he pees inside to get back at me for keeping him outside for too long!"
>rarely lets him out, doesn't take him for walks at all, just clips him to a 20ft lead and leaves him in their unfenced backyard
>the dog totally understands the concept of revenge and isn't just pissing himself because his tiny bladder can't hold it for 10+ hours

This dog is fucking psychotic because of my family's treatment of it
>visiting family last week and staying for a few days
>every day around the same time in the afternoon, the dog flips the fuck out and latches onto my arm, goes fucking crazy growling
>he's so light I can lift my arm and I lift him off the ground
>walk into the kitchen with the dog hanging off my arm and show mom, "what the hell is this"
>"he just has a little crazy period in the afternoon! You have to redirect him before he comes to get you"
>the fuck
>"go get your alligator toy!"
>dog releases my arm and sprints across the room to get his alligator toy and maul it
>apparently the dog just has a "crazy hour" every day where the family has to be on guard
>>
>>2400663
They can definitely pick up words without "formal training." For example if I go towards the door and say "ok see you later buddy" he jumps up and bark. Similar thing if I say "oh dad is here!" He knows to run to the door.

They def aren't born knowing these words, it's just them being intelligent enough to associate certain results with certain words.
>>
My ex gf, anytime she'd have any emotional trouble and the dog would react she'd project her feelings onto the dog. "She has anxiety!" "Oh no we're stressing her out!".
It was a little 15 year old maltese or something, senile and barely mobile.
"She just lays down in my bed all day she really loves being around me haha" when really the dog was in visible pain any time it walked.
Also, the idea that every pet has to be spayed or neutered, no exceptions. "It calms them down and makes them more friendly"
Paid out the ass to have an indoor rabbit that never left its cage spayed. "Dont want to contribute to the strays that's animal abuse!"
>>
fur baby

member of the family

Women shouldn't be allowed to own dogs without completing a six week obedience course
>>
File: thinking.png (22KB, 970x970px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
22KB, 970x970px
>>2400687
I don't know where we went wrong as a people that we refuse to treat dogs like animals and now treat them as sudo toys that we're to lazy to take care of.
>>
>>2400663
This is evident when you adopt a dog with training from another country. They might not sit on command not because they aren't trained, but because they don't understand the word.

Dogs have a vocabulary of about 150 words or more.
http://www.animalplanet.com/pets/how-many-words-do-dogs-know/
>>
>>2400698
I mean, it's good that the rabbit was fixed, they live longer but you don't neuter indoor lone rabbits for population reasons - what a dolt.
>>
>>2400727
Rabbits notoriously go through a really shitty teenager stage that they may develop and keep behavioral problems. My friend had the meanest rabbit ever. It would legit make noises and lunge at you even when it was in it's cage. It got knocked up and after she gave birth suddenly she was the nicest rabbit.

Hormones and rabbits are weird.
>>
>>2400685
All you have to do is Goole 'putbull attack' and it's something new almost every week. This past Saturday it was a 91 year old woman who was murdered by one of the things. Also take your list of excuses and fuck yourself with them.
>>
>>2400652
Of you have anything beyond a couch potato you should be walking your dog or at least playing in your yard or whatever.
Water doesn't need to be dumped and changed, no, but you should be filling it before it's empty.
>>
>>2400687
>every day around the same time in the afternoon, the dog flips the fuck out and latches onto my arm, goes fucking crazy growling
sounds like it wants someone to play and take it on fucking walks
>>
>>2400698
>Also, the idea that every pet has to be spayed or neutered
well, dogs/cats should be anyway, unless you enjoy piss everywhere, humping and uterine diseases
>>
>>2400739
No dude I just don't have time to do any of that.
The fuck are busy people supposed to do with their dogs?
My dogs very happy when he sees me so it's not like i'm doing anything wrong.
>>
>>2400624
>dogs need to eat everyday

They're carnivores, meaning they've evolved to go on days or longer without a meal just fine

>you can't teach an old dog new tricks

This ones a bit shady since there has to be a definition of what is considered old and not
>>
>>2400912
>evolution made the animals wrong i have to fix them
>>
>>2400933
How about not have a dog?

If you don't have time for something, it doesn't mean you get a free license to neglect it.

Try that at your job. "Sorry boss, I'm too busy for that project I took on so I'm half assing it, lol."
>>
>>2400707
Fur baby is cringy but I don't see the problem with considering a dog part of the family, as long as you don't treat it like a human.
>>
>>2400952

*human interference with evolution
>>
>>2400973
>responding to bait that obvious.
>>
>>2400712
>sudo toys
>sudo
>>
>>2400933
Dogs are at their happiest outdoors and romping around. It may be happy to see you when you get home, but to live a full doggie life they need adventure.
If you can't provide an active lifestyle for a dog then it's like creating life just to imprison it. Imagine if you could only go outside for like 30 minutes a day.
>>
bunch of inforgraphs going around on Facebook about if you can't hold the back of your hand on concrete for 5 seconds, it's too hot for your dogs paws.

And shit about how winter ice road salt is made from bad "sodium chloride" and is poison to dogs and can make them cracked and bleed when walking, and if they clean and lick them off, can make them sick. Sodium Chloride is LITERALLY table salt.

I could go on forever
>>
>>2400665
Dog of peace at it again
>>
>>2400685
>thinking he's redpilled
Pitbulls are the niggers of dog breeds, they have low impulse control aggression tendencies. Libtards are the ones saying not all pitbulls! Until shit happens.
>>
>>2400996
Wow, look at this guy. He can spell
>>
File: 185-Sudowoodo.png (51KB, 265x300px) Image search: [Google]
185-Sudowoodo.png
51KB, 265x300px
>>2400996
>sudo
>>
>>2401022
It would not be instantly dangerous. But when a dog ingests a big enough amount of salt during the winter months, it could very well lead to health problems.
The issue may be completely overblown, but not completely without a grain of truthsalt.
>>
>>2400996
https://youtu.be/r0qBaBb1Y-U
>>
>>2401022
>winter ice road salt is made from bad "sodium chloride"
most areas use a different de-icing agent than regular old rock salt and it is harmful to animals if they ingest it.
>>
>>2400780
>actually taking care of your pet with all the information easily accessible online
>2017
>>
>>2400732
>ITS NOT A PHASE MOM!
>>
>>2400656
Old wives' tale.

>>2400652
They do, though? I only change my dogs water every day because he's a drooler and I don't like stuff floating around in it. My aunt changed her dog's water so little fucking algae started to form in it, though.
>>
>>2400652
>You do not have to, but honestly everyone and even your cat should take at least a short walk; although cats are much more likely to protest because they typically hate leashes.
>Would you drink an open cup of water that was left out for over a day? No, because of sanitary reasons; mouse could have even snuck a few sips. This is something you should be doing for all your pets. Fresh water also tastes better anyways.
It's not really dumb, just not urgently necessary
>>
>>2400652
I can see you've never even heard (no pun intended) of a border collie those dogs need to be walked or working with sheep for hours otherwise you can say goodbye to your furniture.
>>
>>2401522
People who keep herding/highly active dogs in a small apartment need to be gassed, at least once a week I get a notification about a runaway husky or border collie in my city.

Last year in my complex a family who lived in an adjacent building had to rush their child to the hospital because their mastiff went apeshit and tried to rip out the kid's throat.
>>
>>2401458
>Cats hate leashes
That's why you get them used to the harness as soon as you get them. It's easier to condition them if they're kittens when you start. Also, no, letting your cat roam the neighborhood willy nilly is not letting him get exercise, it's negligence.

>>2401539
>Mastiff
>Apartment
Why?
>>
>>2401539
To some extent I agree with you but it's rather subjective what a "small" apartment is. I highly doubt that they are running away because the apartment is too cramped, that may be a contributing factor of them not getting enough exercise or mental stimulation. Border collies will often chase bikes, cars, children if their not stimulated enough and end up getting lost and looking for shelter.

I am sorry if this comes off as slightly biased but one day I do hope to own a border collie and as I live in a rural as fuck county in England finding agility classes for them as well as sheep herding training is no big deal I need to lose a few lb's and with border collies and active as they are they are a perfect motivation for me to achieve such a goal, I also really like my money and furnature so any laziness on my part is a big no no unless I want to donate a brand new suite to the jaws of a sheepdog.
>>
>>2400996
>He doesn't pull root when playing with his toys
Permissionlet detected.
>>
I hate "furbaby" and "dog parent" so much

You are not the dog's parent. Their real parents are dead, have been dead for probably a while, and the dog doesn't even care.
Don't treat an adult dog like a human baby. It's demeaning to both you and the animal.
>>
>>2400665
>majority are non-white and/or obviously retarded
seems like dogs are doing us a favor by cleaning the genepool.
>>
http://notapitbull.tumblr.com/tagged/dogmommy
This entire thing is a good read if you hate normie dog stuff. Inb4 >tumblr
>>
>>2401873
>Mickey was neutered, had all his teeth ripped out, and was stuck in a shelter (”jail”) under a life sentence.
May as well put him down by that point, what the fuck?
>>
>>2400688
With our old Rottweiler, if anybody even muttered the word "ride" he would go nuts bc he thought we were going to take him somewhere

>Captcha says select all vehicles
>it's a picture of a mailbox and nothing else
>>
>>2400738
>Call labs pit bulls
>Call mutts pit bulls
>Call everything pit bull
>Wonder why pit pulls make up so much of dog attacks
Pit bulls also make up the most dogs to contract parvo. Obviously pit bulls are prone to parvo.

>>2401026
Niggers are scared of pit bulls. Jews want pit bulls banned. Pit bulls are a scapegoat so we don't realize that niggers have a harder time keeping pets. If you actually looked into bit statistics you can see nigger areas have more dog bites of all breeds compared to white areas of the same income. So yeah it actually is red pilled and the Jews pulled the wool right over your eyes. Also look into the people that support BSL and consider reasons besides muh hell hounds that someone would want dogs so heavily controlled. Pro-tip, it's about money. Banning anything but drugs is an extremely liberal stance.
>>
>>2401927
This. Niggers don't know how to keep pets at all.
>>
>>2400707
Furbaby? Cringy. Member of the family? Fine. You should treat your pet as a member of your family.
>>
>>2401559
I have a large garden that my cats can play in without having to leave my property.
>>
>>2401906
Yep, exactly. They don't understand words like we do, but they can definitely figure out that our sounds and actions tend to mean something.

My dog even learned the word "swimming" somehow and will drop everythinggg and grab his towel (it's in his toy bin in the living room) and sit by the door whining til we go
>>
>>2401927
Topkek, pitbabby a bit buttblasted? Get a grip or go back to /pol/ you stupid faggot
>>
Normies think that dog tongues are sterile when in fact dogs with sterile mouths are a myth.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (40KB, 334x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
40KB, 334x200px
>>2401927
>banning anything is an extremely liberal stance
>>
>>2402006
Not the anon you replied too, but your jimmies were obviously rustled by that post.
Maybe you should go back to /b/, or at least learn to recognize when someone is actually mad.
>>
>Make a reasonable well-thought out post
>lol u madd lmao mad babby detected
This is why I don't even bother trying to argue with obvious retards. Pit haters will remain uneducated and most pit defenders will remain just as uneducated.
>>
>>2401927
More the other way round
- call pitbulls labs
- call pitbulls mutts
- call fullbred pitbulls crosses

FUCKING PEOPLE EVERYONE CAN TELL ITS NOT A LAB CROSS

>>2402068
They are not cleaner, they have different bacteria than ours. I dont think sterile is the appropriate term to use for that myth.
>>
>>2401927
>implying that it cant be due to the fact that pitbull owners are irresponsible shits that dont vaccinate their pets and thus pitbulls are over-represented in parvo cases.
>>
spaghetti noodles need to be cut up or they will knot up inside the dog's stomach and kill it
>>
>>2400688
>>2400720
I'm talking about people who believe a dog can understand your conversation. Like if you tell a dog you're allergic to milk, it will understand what an allergy is and where milk comes from. I know animals can respond to commands, that's not what I'm talking about. I mean like understanding the entire English language like people do. And a surprising amount of people believe this.
>>
>>2402111
Calling a short term restriction of terrorist countries to travel to the us a 'ban on Muslims' is not only wrong but coined by liberal media to make it seem bad and scary so it won't happen. It's similar to what they operate with animal bans but the opposite, they draw attention to, say, the wildlife without actually discussing the ban at all.
>>
File: Screenshot_142.png (936KB, 644x644px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_142.png
936KB, 644x644px
>>2401021
>Imagine if you could only go outside for like 30 minutes a day.
>>
>>2403519
I'm out there for 14-15 hours a day. But I have beer, smokes and 4chan to keep me occupied.
>>
>>2403519
>>>2401021
>>Imagine if you could only go outside for like 30 minutes a day.
Imagine if you could only shitpost for thirty minutes a day
>>
File: 4chan.png (566KB, 890x388px) Image search: [Google]
4chan.png
566KB, 890x388px
>>2403523
>>
File: 1497125482389image.jpg (254KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
1497125482389image.jpg
254KB, 2000x1125px
>>2400739
>tfw couch potato dog

We still go on walks and park adventures and play plenty in the back yard but she's also perfectly happy spending the day napping, watching TV or just chilling. Hell, on some of our busier weeks she will straight up blows me off in favor of a nap. I'll stand there and waggle her harness at her and she'll just lay there watching me. She will come if I really want her too but sometimes she's just like "Naw. Nap day, man. Turn on animal planet"
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.