[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stray kitten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: bk.jpg (72KB, 479x640px) Image search: [Google]
bk.jpg
72KB, 479x640px
So, here's what happened. Around two hours ago I found a stray kitten in my house that seems to be the offspring of a stray cat that my mom often feeds. It's around two months old. It a bit wild because it bite me and tried to escape by all means. My plans are to domesticate it and then give it to a nice family. Is it possible? Should I go on with my plan or give it to its mom and don't worry about its health? Can you give any tips? Thanks.

pic somewhat related, it looks like him.

tl;dr I found a (somewhat wild) stray kitten, should I attempt to domesticate it or release it?
>>
kill it before it kills you
>>
>>2399831
It's with me in my bed. It hasn't purred yet.
>>
Even non-feral kittens need time alone to adjust to new homes. Give him space for a day or two
>>
>>2399846

Ok, I'll try to do that. I hope he eats what I leave him. Otherwise I'll return it to its mother
>>
>>2399831
set my dog on a cat that was killing a bird in our garden once. had to pull the cat out her mouth haha. really it's the owners that need decking tho
>>
>>2399879
heheh
>>
>>2399831
Before approaching it let it smell your fingers. Cats love being scratched on their bum foremost. Spend regular time with it and trying holding it each day to socialize it. Get a bag of treats and shake it and say its name so that you can get it to come and learn its name.
Once it gets accustomed to you, play with it every day (20-30 minutes once or twice a day).
Don't let it outside.
>>
>>2399831
If it bit you GO TO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY. My brother was bitten by his cat once. He went to the emergency room and had gotten sepsis and the doctor told him if he waited EVEN A DAY he would've DIED! Cat bites are far more deadly than dog bites!
>>
>>2399947
Nice advice. Thanks.

>>2399949
I'll go right away. Thanks for your concern
>>
Name him Thanatos or Thana for now.
Try holding him by his scruff a bit and bring him close to your chest so he's sure you have him nice and safe.
>>
>>2399831
give him a box to hide in while he gets comfy
>>
>>2400734
Thanks, that worked the first day and a half. Then he used my bed as his personal fortress.

Just want to update my post with my current situation. The cat is doing fine; he stays in my bed, lets my pet him, purrs, plays with my hands, comes when called, feeds when I put him food, doesn't cry anymore and generally isn't scared of anyone. Everything went better and faster than expected. Seems like he's ready for being adopted by a nice family.

Thanks for the nice advices!!!
>>
>>2401891
You went to the hospital right?
>>
>>2399949
It only really matters if it's a deep bite. A shallow bite is nothing to worry about. Now, if it starts swelling up and is obviously infected, yeah, you need to go to a doctor and get on some antibiotics quickly as it can get very serious.
>>
>>2402097
I went to a place in my neighbourhood that treats minor injuries. They cleaned the wound and told me what >>2402120 said. But it was good to make sure.

Thank you very much for your concern. With all these animals around, sometimes I don't take care of myself as I probably should.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.