[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Little Bird can't fly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: MTkdwjW[1].jpg (30KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
MTkdwjW[1].jpg
30KB, 450x600px
There was a little bird in front of our door, which didn't flew away as I approached. I don't know whether it's inability to fly is due to exhaustion or if it's hurt.
I put it in the shower with sunflower seeds and water, but I guess that's normally not on their menu.
What do? Everything is closed because it's a national holiday and I don't even know if I could afford a treatment.
Is it the bird flue? I hope not he already hopped onto my shoulder and shat all over the place.
>>
It might be a fledgling. If it isn't injured, leave it alone and put it back where you found it. They are supposed to be out of the nest and wandering around with the parents coming back to feed it from time to time.
>>
File: Birdy.jpg (92KB, 1689x950px) Image search: [Google]
Birdy.jpg
92KB, 1689x950px
>>2399440
Should I put him back? My neighbor has cats..
That's him, sorry for the late pic, changed ROM and had to wait
>>
>>2399470
It's definitely a fledgling bird. If you can, place him somewhere where the cats cannot get it or tell your neighbor to keep their cats indoors. If it is in real danger with no chance of surviving the cats though, it is best to send it to a wildlife rehab if they're available in the area. The fledgling unfortunately has a low chance of surviving if without its parents unless someone with rehab experience is involved.
>>
>>2399484
>where the cats cannot get it
that's pretty tough, I looked at the nearby trees but there were no nests
should I put him on our window ledge of the first floor? I'm afraid he'll jump down and commit sodoku...
I'd prefer your second option and give him to a caretaker but it's not possible today. Will he make the night?
>>
http://www.wikihow.com/Help-a-Fallen-Fledgling

should I do this? but it would break my heart if I look in there again after a weak just to find a corpse :(
>>
>>2399470
Can anyone ID that birdo? Kinda looks like a swallow fledgling but not sure.
>>
>>2399582
I don't know what kind of birb it is, additionally I made him some hard boiled eggs and smashed them

but he spits everything out what I put him in the peak...
>>
>>2399582
>Kinda looks like a swallow fledgling
I hope you're wrong. "Swallow nestlings that fledge prematurely can't fly well and may become grounded. If this happens they are usually abandoned by their parents and die."
http://www.treeswallowprojects.com/cfledge.html

does >>2399470 look like pic related?
>>
>>2399654
No can't be, Wikipedia says tree swallows inhabit North America, I'm in Germany
>>
>>2399638
>>2399668
We've got plenty of swallow subspecies in Europe too, could be one of them. However I can't really see the wingspan from your picture, so I can't confirm. Try feeding him mealworms if you happen to have some. But please, take him to a proper caretaker asap
>>
>>2399689
Will be probably late noon tomorrow before I can go into action
It's +-12 cm
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.