[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post pictures of your dogs in the car and give me advice. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_20161121_122044216_HDR.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161121_122044216_HDR.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
Post pictures of your dogs in the car and give me advice. I'm taking my dog on a long trip this summer and I want her to be safe in case of an accident. I'm considering the sleepypod clickit sport harness, the ruffwear load up harness, kurgo harness (cheapest) or possibly a car crate. Any suggestions?
>>
File: Last day.jpg (225KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
Last day.jpg
225KB, 1280x768px
You're not going to like my answer, but here's a photo
>>
File: Going Home.jpg (1MB, 4488x2697px) Image search: [Google]
Going Home.jpg
1MB, 4488x2697px
>>2399302
If you want dog safe, put him in his crate and secure the crate with seat belts or to anchor points.
>>
>>2399289
A car crate will be safest if you plan on getting in an accident, but will make her miserable because of the long hours confined to an even smaller space, and five times as miserable if she wasn't crate trained before.

If she's good in the car, just get a hammock-like seat protector and keep her comfy in the back seat. If she's annoying as hell, get her the harness. Drive safely.
>>
>>2399289
Dogs go in the trunk.
>>
>>2399308
I looked into car crates but crash tested ones look really expensive, and I'm concerned that her normal crate would injure her in an accident.

She is pretty good in the car on short trips. We're traveling 740 miles though and she may get antsy, the longest car ride she's been on was about 30 minutes. We will be stopping every 3-4 hours to stretch and walk a bit.

I think I'm gonna get a harness just to be safe I just have to choose one. The sleepypod sport looks to be the safest one but it's $80.
>>
File: 61XrFst3X8L._SL1000_.jpg (97KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
61XrFst3X8L._SL1000_.jpg
97KB, 833x1000px
>>2400351

>>2399308 here
I used pic related. It's 15 bucks on amazon. it zips up so your dog can't climb to the front, and keeps them from falling off the back seat. I used it on a road trip from Colorado to Alabama (1300 miles give or take).

If she's good in the car on short trips she'll probably be okay on a long one. A harness can only do so much--it'll still pull on the seatbelt like a person can push on a seatbelt, so she'll still have a lot of mobility if she's determined. I had one and didn't use it because my dog slept most of the way.

Your bigger problem is likely going to be stress/illness. Even if you're fairly sure your dog doesn't get carsick, go to the vet and explain you're taking a long road trip and ask for some cerenia/motion sickness medicine. make sure your dog also doesn't get human snacks, no matter how tempting, or eats a lot of grass. try to keep her on a regular feeding schedule if you can. my dog got stressed out, refused to eat, and that, combined with grass-eating (he does it because he enjoys it, not because he feels ill), gave him bloody shits for a night.
>>
>>2400364
forgot to mention that that car hammock has little slots where you can fit a seatbelt/leash/harness, so if you're adamant about the harness, you can still use it with the hammock.
>>
File: IMG_20170507_104554.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170507_104554.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
First car ride for puppy
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.