[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

cat thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 1495065859060.jpg (72KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1495065859060.jpg
72KB, 640x640px
I have 4 week old kittens that still live with the mom. What do I give them to eat? Cat food mixed with water? Help pls. Also cat thread
>>
>>2397800
Are the kittens still nursing off mom? Or is mom done letting them nurse and the kittens still try to nurse?
>>
>>2397843
Yeah, they're still nursing off of their mom
>>
>>2397872
Then I would just offer them some mushed up pate cat/kitten food, and let them try it on their own. If you want you can add water but don't add so much where it's just like a watery mess.
>>
>>2397878
thanks man
>>
>>2397800
I've been fostering and bottle feeding kittens for three years.
At four weeks start mixing formula with wet food - make it liquidy for a week or two.
At 6-8 weeks they'll stop nursing full time on mom, at 6 for mom-less kittens I cut them off and give them mixed formula/wet (with exceptions for obstinate kittens who refuse to eat wet for another week or so.) If they don't eat in the morning or mid-day feeding, they usually come around by night or the next day.
>>2397878
Like this anon says, not a watery mess. Make it mush, but not too liquidy. Hard to explain, but you'll know once you get there.
At about 8 weeks leave a bowl of dry kitten food in there. Mom will eat the shit out of it (or at least, the two I've had did) and the kittens will follow her lead. At around this time (provided things are going nicely) I stop mixing formula and give them straight wet. This continues for a week or two, then I slowly start adding dry food to their wet until I get them off the wet.
Goes without saying give them quality dry food.
>>
>>2397800
>have two cats
>6 month old I've had since kitten and one that seems to be about 8 month to a year I just took off the street
>new one was pregnant when I took her home about a month ago
>just had kittens a few days ago
>plan on giving them away
>one a calico
>hadn't planned to keep any but shes adorable
I can't decide if I can keep her or not
3 cats are right around too many for one person, its pushing the limit
>>
It's simple OP

Get a dog
>>
>>2398174
Keep the cats for about some weeks man
>>2398211
>implying I would ever betray my kittens
>>
File: Missy4.jpg (724KB, 1059x705px) Image search: [Google]
Missy4.jpg
724KB, 1059x705px
Bumping with my cats.
>>
File: Bones.jpg (552KB, 1063x707px)
Bones.jpg
552KB, 1063x707px
>>
are cat videos bad for my cat?
he seems to react to meowing sounds.
>>
>>2400104
Maybe he wants a friend?

OR hes just protecting his territory from other cats.
>>
I "inherited" an old cat and the vet says he doesn't get enough calories.

Well, I know nothing of cats being a ferret person, but I know with my sick old ferrets I'd give them a tiny mix bowl of Ferretvite vitamin goo and Laxitone anti-furball goo. They enjoyed it, was a nice "together time" ritual and seemed to help meet their calorie needs and keep away the hairballs.

Can you guys recommend me similar products for cats? (more normal go-to cat friend says none of hers eat any of that stuff, so can't tell me what's good)
>>
Is it okay to feed my cat cheddar cheese? She really loves it. Also how long is th first stage of cat labor supposed to be? My cat has been in it for hours, panting and yelling.
>>
File: Pennywise.jpg (55KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Pennywise.jpg
55KB, 500x281px
>have stunning ragdoll cat female.
>find her a ragdoll stud for awful screaming sex time
>she's prego!
>ohboyohboy
AND THE BITCH GIVES ME NOT 1 NOT 2 NOT EVEN 4, BUT 6 LITTLE NIGGER BLACK CATS!
NOT ONE OF THEM LOOK LIKE HER OR THE DAD.
Stupid little cunt must have had the fastest sex with the black cat stray. It took so long to get rid of the little nogs.
>>
>>2400298
>breeding cats
you deserve every shitty thing that happens in your life
forever
>>
File: 2017-06-07 17.44.21.jpg (1MB, 1060x1883px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-07 17.44.21.jpg
1MB, 1060x1883px
Is this stuff really terrible as various Amazon reviews say it is? I picked it up on impulse while at the store, because my queen cat has fleas on her face that just won't go away. I'm very worried about her litter, because they will be here any day now.

Should I just call the vet?
>>
>>2401307
you should kill all of the cats and then yourself
>>
Wtf is wrong with you no don't kill the cat or yourself but yes call the vet and ask what u should do Especally if Ur cat is still pregnant or get a topical that u can put on the back of her neck and still ask the vet about that in my experience flea callous don't work for shit so don't waste Ur time and money on them but that's just my opinion
>>
>>2400621
What's wrong with breeding cats?
>>
>>2398982
>>2398987

Beautiful kitties!
>>
My cat woke me up at 4:30 yesterday so I kicked him out of the room. My girlfriend woke up two hours later and the cat had brought a small table plant from downstairs right to the foot of the door to my bedroom. I know cats like presenting presents to their owners if they like them, but has anyone had their cat give them a small plant?
>>
File: IMG_20170603_131947308_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170603_131947308_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Oh no...
>>
>>2400151
A lot of this will depend on what the cat is willing to eat.

Laxatone can be given to cats for hairballs and constipation. The feline equivalent of Ferretvite is NutriCal, which should be available at Petco/Petsmart. There are probably off-brands around too

Other than that, I'd recommend free-feeding dry kibble and offering smaller amounts of canned twice daily. Kitten formulas usually have higher fat content (but are otherwise identical to "adult" formulas in most cases), so you may want to look for those. Go for foods with high protein/fat content and avoid ones that use corn, wheat, or soy products, as well as ones that don't have at least 3 meat products listed in the first 5 ingredients.

>>2400161
Cats are lactose intolerant as adults, so she might end up with vomiting and/or diarrhea. I think dairy is fine in moderation, though. My own get a little bit of yogurt whenever I'm snacking on some.

She's not pushing yet, right? The initial restlessness/vocalization period can last up to 24h. Once contractions start and she begins straining, stage 2 is on, and the first kitten should pop out within an hour of this. If it doesn't, or if the labor continues 6+ hours, she needs medical attention. Please spay mom once she's done nursing!

>>2401307
Collars are dubious at best. Get some Revolution - it's safe to use on pregnant and lactating queens.

>>2401575
I've known a lot of cats that presented toys, so plants don't seem like too much of a stretch, especially if it's something he likes to chew on or eat.
>>
>>2401613
He's never done anything with this plant though, that's what confuses me.
>>
>>2401613
>Other than that, I'd recommend free-feeding dry kibble and offering smaller amounts of canned twice daily. Kitten formulas usually have higher fat content (but are otherwise identical to "adult" formulas in most cases), so you may want to look for those. Go for foods with high protein/fat content and avoid ones that use corn, wheat, or soy products, as well as ones that don't have at least 3 meat products listed in the first 5 ingredients.

Thanks for the feedback. He always has a bowl of kibble but he only eats crap. I'm familiar with being specific about food from the ferrets but it's like the more expensive the food is the less interested he is. In the end I know it's all about what he is willing to eat, though it pains me to buy "kit'n'kaboodle" rubbish. He was an outdoor cat for 15 years so has strange habits I guess.

Kitten food may be a good option, will have to look into that. Someone mentioned baby food, though you have to be cautious what kind you get, but it is generally higher calorie and less filler in it.
>>
>cat
>not kot
ayy
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.