[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doggos are the best medicine against depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 345122057.jpg (121KB, 503x574px) Image search: [Google]
345122057.jpg
121KB, 503x574px
Just sayin. Hug your doggo today.

Thank you.
>>
Until they die and make you want to kill yourself more.

For a long time, my dogs have been the reason I've kept going over the years, I owe them a lot.
>>
>>2397468
I used to be like that but now my brain just switches off when tragedy strikes ever since a certain dog I had got run over when I was 13. Sent me sailing over the edge because she was the only good thing mixed in with a ton of abuse, growing up basically feral in a rotten house with no water or electricity.

I suppose if one good thing came out of that it's that I quickly learned independence and shrug off anything awful now even if it means I can't remotely keep up with relationships due to the apathy but whatever. I still take good care of my pets. One my three dogs died a few weeks ago and I forgot about it immediately after burying her.
>>
>>2397476
>but now my brain just switches off when tragedy strikes
>I forgot about it immediately after burying her.
Not judging you but that's quite extreme. The psychological scars must be immense.
>>
>>2397484
I dunno, really. I used to worry that one day I'd just snap and go off the rails like you'd see abuse victims do in movies and shit but I think I'm doing alright, especially compared to my mother or other people I know who have been through similar. Not to judge but I've known people that were actively just wrecked from getting robbed, groped or had a shit boyfriend. In comparison it's like nothing happened to me.

I started seeing a psych again but that was because my anxiety flared up hard with a new job to the point where I may or may not have started hallucinating. Out of the corner of my eye, like I'd think a poll behind me was a person or I constantly heard my name being called(which is three letters and in the midsts of heavy machines and people needing to yell just to talk to people it easily can be mistaken for my name). But that was because new hires were watched like hawks by supervisors staring behind you for hours for a month and it was driving me nuts.

Pysch thinks I'm doing much better from when we first started but she wants me to see a neuro-pysch to get my brain checked out because we are concerned about just how bad my memory is(from immediately forgetting recently dead friends or family to not being able to remember what I said a few seconds ago) and I've had a few serious head injuries from the time I was born to a few months ago(suspected anyerusm) so maybe some scans can help me out in the long run if I can use it as ammo when people don't believe I don't remember or understand something like basic math and can't recognize numbers.

Shits weird, really. Even my few long term friends get confused since they harp about me being the most 'pulled together' , I'm immortal(have had a few very close counters and ICU trips) and want to be 'confident' like me and don't understand when I tell them it's just apathy and it takes hell of a lot to get to this level.
>>
>>2397484
>>2397526
But I think I'm alright. One thing I wish I could change would be being able to invest emotion and energy into relationships and friends again but I burn out extremely fast and need alone time. My ideal relationship is basically having a roommate who works at the opposite time that I do, and we hardly see each other except a few days out of the month where we just chill.

I may not be able to attach to people, pets or things anymore but people neglecting their pets over their mental illnesses like depression really pisses me off too. I put off a broken arm and a blood transfusion to make sure my pets were alright. Even in the worst years of my life where I wasn't eating, sleeping and basically half-comatose I still dragged my ass out of bed to feed, walk and tend to them. I'd probably just actually succeed in killing myself if something got hurt, starved or died in my care because of something so preventable. People come here occasionally post about how they were depressed, just got a dog but realize they can't be bothered and I can' t read those threads.
>>
>>2397468
Fucking this

My German Shepherd was based as all hell, he was the only thing keeping me going for a while.

He died like 6 months ago and I have had nothing to live for ever since. I still cry thinking about him sometimes
>>
>>2398124
>>2397468

That's the moment when you rescue a pupper from the shelter.
>>
>>2397465
I miss having a doggo
>tfw first-year doctor
>tfw 50+ work weeks mean I wouldn't have the time give a doggo the care it deserves
>No friendly doggo to greet me at the end of the day
>>
My kitty wakes me up by curling up next to me and vibrating. I am not a dog person, but kitties are far more independent if you're having trouble keeping a dog because hours.
I will still rescue and rehab doggos I see dumped somewhere, but I never end up keeping them.
>>
>>2398366
>My kitty wakes me up by curling up next to me and vibrating
>vibrating cat

What kind of new feature is this?
Does it come with the newest firmware update?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.