[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat is missing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (80KB, 1024x736px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80KB, 1024x736px
Hey, /an/. Sorry to be a pain in the ass, but my family's cat has gone missing and I need advice.

He's a pretty old long haired cat, and we let him out in the morning. Usually, he doesn't go too far from the house, but we can't find him anywhere.

We asked around the neighbourhood, but no one said they've seen him. We're going to hang a few posters up and call the local cat sanctuary, but I'm not sure what to do after that.
>>
>>2396343
Keep your ears open in case your cat comes wandering back. Rattle a wet food can with a spoon, shake a bag of treats if your guy hasn't lost its hearing yet. Stuff like that but stay close to home and be aware.
>>
>>2396343
My elderly inside-only cat (I think she was 15 at the time) mistakenly got locked out of the house and was missing for about 24 hours. We looked in every little nook and cranny we could get to within about a half mile radius of our house and found nothing, went door to door with flyers, called the local vet and animal shelters, and implored neighbors to take a look in their yard and call us if they found her. On the deck, we laid a box with her favorite toys and blankets in it and even partially opened a can of wet food, leaving our back door open for her to come in, as she had left. We found her that night, laying in our hallway as if nothing had happened.

Most escaped cats don't get too far from home. They're scared and prefer to hide. Given that our cat left and returned at night, I'd guess they probably prefer to leave their shelters at night, as well, thinking it to be safer.

Try what we did, OP. Best of luck. I hope you find your baby.
>>
>outdoor cat

i hope you find it's mangled corpse
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 640x360px
OP here, we found the old blighter: turns out he had slipped through a gap in the fence and had gotten stuck in another person's garden. He wasn't hurt, just couldn't climb out. Luckily, the person in the house had seen one of the posters we had put out. We're going to patch up the fence to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for the advice, guys, it was really reassuring when I was kind of freaking out.
>>
>>2396671
Or instead of spending money, you could spend time monitoring your cat when you let it roam your backyard.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.