[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything wrong with eating dog meat, as long as they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 8

File: yummy.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
yummy.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
Is there anything wrong with eating dog meat, as long as they are explicitly bred for consumption?
>>
>>2395916
It matters on how it was raised, culled and cooked as well. but no, seems fine as far as protein sources. but ask yourself as a cook and a person do you have the skill to raise a happy healthy meat dog, cull it properly, then cook it well enough to do it justice?
>>
it's no more cruel than eating pigs, which are pretty smart and emotional animals as well
But what's really wrong with it is that they don't fucking taste good, and they don't have a good texture either. Fucking gooks only eat them because of the same chinese "medicine" retardation that makes them eat the poop of young boys (not joking). It's a complete nonsense practice.
>>
>>2395922
after all you don't want to take a good meat animal, raise it wrong, cull it horrifyingly wrong and end up with a crap quality dish.
>>
>>2395916
herbivores have better tasting meat though
>>
>>2395925
This

I'm not completely opposed to the idea in the case of an economic crisis or some kind of disaster or whatever, but raising dogs to eat for traditional reasons or whatever seems absurd. It seems way too fucking impractical when you could raise cows or pigs and get much more meat.
>>
>>2395925
Worse yet, most of the dogs used are either kidnapped dogs or one's taken off the street. Usually only a southern chinese hick would do.
>>
>>2395916
People tried raising these things for meat, didn't work out great. Too long to grow, meat isn't great, amount of food fed to meat produced in horribly cost ineffective, litter size too small, etc etc.
>>
File: nOmQJMkgXJlfcHv-800x450-noPad.jpg (90KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
nOmQJMkgXJlfcHv-800x450-noPad.jpg
90KB, 800x450px
If the animal was housed and slaughtered humanely, no.

The problem with Yulin is that there is a belief that stress makes the meat taste better and is more 'potent' so they subject the dogs to that on purpose. Which is fucked.

I would not mind eating any animal so long as it was treated humanely.
>>
>>2395916
breeding carnivores as food is a bit stupid
>>
it is ok if they are treated humanely
>>
>>2395916
No but it's still stupid.
The higher you go trough the food chain the higher is the bioaccumulation effect.
Also this >>2396102 , is not cost effective.
>>
File: stuipidcunt.png (145KB, 305x379px) Image search: [Google]
stuipidcunt.png
145KB, 305x379px
>>2395916
>>2395922
>>2395925
>>2396041
>>2396105
Looks like I'm not coming back to this board.
>>
>>2396687
>is not cost effective.
efficiency doesn't really matter to people that pay $30 for a lobster or $60 for an elk carpaccio or $500 for a couple bites of caviar.

cost isn't the limiting factor in what we grow to eat.
>>
>>2396692
Don't let the door hit you on the overly sensitive ass on your way out cupcake
>>
File: 1495763085354.jpg (15KB, 276x413px)
1495763085354.jpg
15KB, 276x413px
>>2396692
>it's more ok to slaughter and eat animals I don't think are cutie little babies than ones I do
You have the moral center of a child. I bet you're a marxist too.
>>
>>2396710
>>it's more ok to slaughter and eat animals I don't think are cutie little babies than ones I do
Nothing wrong with this, same as being less concerned over the life of a stranger than the life of a friend or family member.
>>
File: loyalty-3.jpg (30KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
loyalty-3.jpg
30KB, 500x333px
>>2395916
>By this logic, why not eat humans(especially the homeless)? They too are animals.
Alongside horses, dogs are pretty much man's greatest evolutionary allies, if not the greatest.

The bond and deep connection between these animals and humans were a significant part of human development and evolution.
http://boards.4chan.org/an/thread/2393697#bottom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCLQ_8I1paY

If anything, dogs should especially be exempt from food consumption.
>>
>>2396732
>Meant to post this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDmzzREXI_g
>>
>>2395925
I've had dog before. It was in a heavily flavoured stew so I couldn't really pick out what innate taste it had but it tasted like standard meat pretty much, no worse than any other. I could see myself having it again.

I really want to try cats but I don't want to go to China and it's not like I can just nab one off the streets either.
>>
>>2396732
I'd eat human if it was humanely bred and legal (and wouldn't taste like shit which we probably do). Just think of a race of humans specifically bred for human consumption. They'd be naturally bigger and have a generally lower IQ and shit.
Now that I think about it blacks are a very good candidate for livestock.
>>
>>2396765
That's a bad idea, and for objective reasons, not just moral spooks.
Humans, being humans, are very vulnerable to diseases that affect humans. Who'd have thought?
And even a dumber breed of human would still be smart enough to be a royal pain to raise as livestock.
>>
>>2396765
>>2396774
Well, fuck you lot too
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (27KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
27KB, 480x360px
A pig has the same amount of intelligence, possibly more, and the emotional/loving capacity as a dog.

Why do you feel nothing when eating them or thinking of their slaughter, yet you cringe and cry over dogs suffering the same fate?

You're a speciesist.
>>
>>2396861
>You're a speciesist.
Yeah, no shit. Nobody said they weren't.
>>
>>2396861
If pigs don't wanna be eaten they should be of a different use to us than just cheap livestock.
>>
>>2396863
Great, if people admit they are biased in their dislike of certain animals being eaten, they can see how others might also be biased but in a different way and thus they may realise that their tastes are subjective and completely idiotic to impose on others.
>>
>>2396865
Pigs can literally do every job a dog can, people just don't train them because they see them as nothing BUT live stock.

Also >implying 99% of dogs do a job and aren't just some fat chick's accessory or guy with a small dick's overcompensation
>>
>>2395916
No problem if they're treated as well as pigs, I would eat them. But dogs bred for food usually get treated terribly.
>>
>>2396732
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prion
>By this logic, why not eat humans(especially the homeless)? They too are animals.
Cannibalism is a bad idea in general
>>
>>2397020
Just don't eat the brains.
>>
>>2396732
cool story, times have changed and dogs are gross and fairly useless now.

i don't give a shit if people want to eat them. just don't torture them before death. no animal deserves senseless suffering.
>>
>>2396867
Can Pigs boar hunt? Defend a house? Fox Hunt? Chase criminals? Act as bomb defusal, act as livestock guardians?
Do they require more food, more nourishment and more space?
>>
There is no justification for killing another sentient being against it's will. If you defend killing / eating animals you cannot possibly take the position that raping animals is wrong either. Also

>it matters to me that animals are murdered "respectfully" or "humanely"

Cognitive dissonance at it's finest.
>>
>>2396732
>Alongside horses, dogs are pretty much man's greatest evolutionary allies
after most livestock and crops. dogs aren't worth shit
>>
>>2397047
>Can Pigs boar hunt?
bitch you've already got a pig, no hunting necessary
>>
>>2397047
are you an English aristocrat, who the hell gives a fuck about muh fox hunt in 2017

if you don't do any of the shit you listed in your NEET lifestyle they're all moot points

and DESU dogs are shitty variable home defense. buy a fucking gun.
>>
>>2397043
>dogs are gross and fairly useless now.

t.cityfag
>>
>>2395925
>poop of young boys
im sure (not really) this started with some royal chink that was a pedo and into scat. someone must have seen the poop, so he said it's his medicine
>>
>>2396765
>They'd be naturally bigger and have a generally lower IQ and shit.
(((Americans)))
>>
>>2395916
No. They are worthless animals.
>>
>>2397047
>livestock guardians
llama do it better
>>
File: at last.png (6KB, 227x191px) Image search: [Google]
at last.png
6KB, 227x191px
>>2397219
>>
>>2396731
everything is wrong with basing morals on cuteness
>>
>>2397051
>Not raping your dog daily
>>
>>2397051
So are you a vegan, a dog fucker, or a vegan dog fucker?
>>
>>2397055
Boar hunting is less about wanting pork and more about culling a highly destructive invasive species

>>2397207
Probably was some royal chink obsessed with eternal youth
>>
>>2397258
Dogs aren't any good for that kind of pig hunting either, just throw some food out in front of a blind
>>
File: troll toll.jpg (91KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
troll toll.jpg
91KB, 1024x768px
>>2397258
so why poop, like why not pee
or why not literally consume the boy
man chinks are retarded
>>
>>2396765
Aren't Europeans (especially the Dutch) the tallest people in the world? And aren't Americans and Mexicans the fattest? Why would you want to eat some skinny African?
>>
What I have a problem with is when people (read: Chinese) steal dogs from people to butcher. I can't imagine the ordeal of a dog being taken away from its established home to be killed and eaten in a strange place.
>>
>>2397065
>The person I replied to is the only person in the world with a dog
>Everyone lives in the US
you
>>
My only issue is how they are kept and killed. Same goes for livestock animals. In recent years I'm kinda iffy on bow hunting since that's a shitty way to die too. Sure some go down in a few minutes but it's not instant and I've seen a fuck ton of deer with just an arrow sticking out of their side.

I'd be down for eating dog. I would human too but that's if they're going to die soon anyway and are down with it. If there was an option of my license like there is with organ donations, if I'm dead I don't care what happens to my body. Mount me up, eat me, fuck me or throw me in a ditch. Im fucking dead and if Hell is real then boy do I got a story for them.
>>
>>2397342
if you live in a cucked country move
>>
>>2396732
Maybe before the industrial revolution, and almost exclusively in the west and the middle east.
In Asia dogs were just accessories.
>>
>>2397330
Yeah, but I don't wanna eat fat or bones. Muscle is where it's at.
>>
>>2397242
>consider dogs friends/companions
>consider cows food
Literally nothing wrong with this unless you put every animal under the same umbrella, personally I don't give a fuck if people eat dogs if those dogs were born to be eaten.
>>
>>2396731
That's a bad analogy. For one, you're judging potential food animals based entirely on their appearance, not on personality, personal history, etc like you would with a friend or family member vs strangers. You aren't judging dogs different based on intelligence or a capacity for emotion or pain either, since pigs exhibit those traits just as much, if not more than, dogs do.

Secondly, it's not being "more concerned", you're implying that it's okay to kill and eat cows, pigs, chickens, etc but not dogs. The equivalent to that would be saying it's okay to murder and cannibalise strangers, but not anyone you personally know and like.

Lastly, you're implying that an entire species, not to mention it's probably the single species of animal with by far the largest variations in appearance, behavior, intelligence, etc, is somehow equivalent to your friends and family.
>>
>>2396732
>dogs and horses as a whole were important to us in history so individual dogs and horses which have no concept of history at all should be exempt from consumption

Also, horses were originally domesticated for meat. It wasn't until much, much later that people began to use them for transportation and labour.
>>
>>2397047
>Act as bomb defusal
They literally do this
>Chase criminals
They literally could do this. Pigs have a sense of smell just as good as dogs, hence why we use them to find truffles.

Also, dogs are actually pretty bad at sniffing out drugs, bombs, missing children, etc. They can very easily detect those things through smell, yes, but their psychological desire to please their master means they'll often give false signals if they believe it's what their master wants to see.
>>
>>2396731
Why do you consider dogs to be more closely related to you than humans?
>>
>>2396710
Did you read that book?
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.