[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itt we post our outdoor/free-range kitties

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17

File: jesus.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
itt we post our outdoor/free-range kitties
>>
File: 1486934884554.jpg (235KB, 960x746px) Image search: [Google]
1486934884554.jpg
235KB, 960x746px
How about instead of posting pictures, you take responsibility for your animal and make sure it's not an inconvenience to others, or a danger to itself?
>>
>>2395706
naw hes just a feral kitty if anythin desu, he doesnt live with me but he spends a lot of time in our backyard now since i put a bit of catnip down. but ive seen him upto 3 blocks away, he chased me down the street bitin at me ankles, but would stop when i turned and looked at him. hes just a cheeky lil feral
>>
>>2395710
Nevermind, I really wasn't expecting a catfag to practice common sense.
>>
>>2395712
i went n got him neutered n shit n look at the pic i got his ears clipped cos he had cancer... but i brought him home tried to acclimate him but as he was a feral living in my neighbourhood i guess he just took off to his usual spot after the cone n shit was off... i just figured he had a free soul desu seems cruel to keep such a wild animal inside
>>
File: 1534567462876.jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1534567462876.jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>2395696
can't wait for indoorfags to get triggered by this thread
>>
>>2395715
ive never met an indoor cat with as mcuh personality as an outdoor cat, but indoor cats are the minority where i live
>>
>>2395713
>muh precious kitty needs its freedom
>>
>>2395721
he does tho
>>
>>2395713
>>2395696
>cancer
Oh, that's why his herpes is flaring up. That shit is contagious to other kitties, btw.
>>
>>2395725
yeah im pretty sure all the cats in the neighbourhood got herpes desu, they all got the eye water stuff poor things. not much u can do for them tho is there?
>>
>>2395717
>personality
>starving on streets
>take up care of animal
>eats food
>gets in your lap
>6 months later
>animal healthy again
>eats food
>ignores you
>call cat
>cat comes
>looks at you then walks away
>just brought back from the brink of death
>food and water available every day in safe area
>chase off competing cats regularly
>shelter during winter, boxes and indoor time
>steaks, soup and everything
>cat still ignores you
>"You didn't do shit, I don't trust you, fuck off you don't own me"

What the fuck is wrong with torts?
>>
>>2395737
ferals arent lap cats
>>
>>2395747
This one was, she's very nice but now that she's so well fed that shit ended in a heartbeat.

Still see her every day because she lives on the porch next door, but she went from affectionate to asshole in two months flat and I can barely scratch her head now. Pisses me off to spend so much giving her all kinds of food and then be ignored by a cat that used to spend hours in my lap while I drank, smoked and posted.

I know for a damn fact she was captured and fixes against her will. She doesn't trust anyone, I'm the only one that has touched her. It's mating season too hut her behavior shouldn't be changing if she's fixed. I don't get the whole thing, hopefully it gets better, it might be too warm for her to give a shit now because she mainly sat on me during winter.
>>
>>2395759
was it a female tort? i find them to be v. bitchy and moody desu
>>
File: 070912-SleepingOnTheJob.jpg (84KB, 1000x669px) Image search: [Google]
070912-SleepingOnTheJob.jpg
84KB, 1000x669px
>>2395776
That may be true about female torts, but there's something you're missing. If you're able to befriend a female tort, that "tortatude" goes right away and they become the most loyal. loving cats.
>>
>>2395776
Yes indeed.

>>2395782
It did go away, it's still away, but she's independent as fuck and acting like she doesn't trust me now. Must be the lack of steak trimmings coming around, I'll have to get a sirloin for lunch and offer it.
Really bitchy cats though. You can't break any routines.
>>
>>2395723
No, apparently you need to project your human feelings and beliefs on to a cat.
The only reason a cat can't have a healthy, happy, and fulfilled life inside is because it's owner doesn't put in the effort.
>>
>>2395792
im not, he was raised outdoors on the street just how he lives, im not gonna upend his entire life so i can feel good about what im doing for him geez
>>
>>2395793
How good will you feel when the cat is a greasy spot on the street?
Stop feeding ferals
>>
>>2395795
Over half of them are fixed.

Why your cruelty extends to the ignoration of a domesticated animal that can't reproduce is beyond me. Maybe you're a psychopath.

Do you also tell people that you didn't put venison in the chili that you feed then with roadkill deer meat?
>>
>>2395795
cats that live outdoors are different to indoor cats. cats can learn.
>>
>only 2 cat pictures ITT
>No one can post outdoor cats because they have died from being outside
>>
>>2395807
u scare off all the gentle outdoor cat lovers with ur baseless agression against the free-ranged cats
>>
File: foto_no_exif (8).jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
foto_no_exif (8).jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
>>2395696
cool photo
here is mine
>>
>>2395843
ur cat looks like it has a nice place to roam
>>
>>2395811
pls don't free range on my cute sparrows they keep my appletrees healthy thank you
>>
>>2396508
last time i seen any neighbourhood cats hunting, it was chasing a feral rabbit down the street rofl
>>
>>2396508
Cat can sit in that tree every hour of the day killing sparrows and they'll always be more to replace them.
>>
>>2395797
It's still killing songbirds and shitting in your neighbors'gardens.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 2592x1936px)
image.jpg
3MB, 2592x1936px
Mine alternatives between out and in, but he's a lazy bugger regardless
>>
>>2396545
I say the same thing whenever I swerve to hit another free roaming shitbeast cat.
Take responsibility for your fucking pets people.
>>
File: download_20170403_093540.jpg (829KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170403_093540.jpg
829KB, 2048x1152px
Not feral. Independent. As cats should be.
>>
there's a dead cat in one of the machines where i work

it's pretty good for a laugh but it smells pretty bad desu
>>
>find cat eating my cat food outside
>she growls and yowls at me and the other cats
>allows me to pet her anyway
>comes around for a couple days
>notice she has scratches and fight wounds on her
>also notice she is declawed in the front
>plan to take her to the vet once I have a day off
That was like a week ago
I haven't seen her since
I want to hope someone took her in
But she looked and acted mean even though she was sweet

Who would declaw a cat that's outside? Maybe she escaped and her old owners found her
>>
>>2396720
poor kitty cant even hunt
>>
>>2395737
Torties are female
There you have it
>>
I like cats, but why do many cat owners not want to listen to reason in regards to the damage their roaming animals are doing to certain bird populations?

I happened to mention it when cats came up in a conversation with someone I was on a trip with. She goes out of her way to tell you how much she prefers cats to dogs, her cat got hit by a car last year (it's fine now) around the same month my dog and grandmother died and she never shuts up about how "sad" it is she has to keep it inside because one of its lungs were damaged.

When I said that I think most domestic cats should be indoor cats and that it would drastically reduce the number of dead cats I see on roads, mauled by predators, less heartbroken owners (this same person's grandmother's cat was mauled to death weeks ago and found in a ditch), she got visibly angry and didn't really talk to me much or look at me for the rest of the day. I was later told by someone else that it was a really rude thing to say. Humans generally protect cats from harm and illness, providing food and healthcare and shelter which means the usual factors that would control a predator's population and stop them from completely decimating prey populations aren't as much of a factor. Why should native species be driven to extinction or have their populations disproportionately damaged because people want to avoid hurting cat owner's feelings? Because people are selfish?

What's the solution? Putting bells/noise collars on every domestic cat we see so that they can't sneak up on birds, the feral populations hopefully die out, pet cats would be fine as they have a reliable food source? Obligatory spaying and neutering unless you have a permit of some kind?

Is letting them roam outside really that important? I'd like to discuss this, I've never owned a cat and I know there are differing opinions on the matter. Again, I like cats in general and I'm not calling for some mass cat cull.
>>
File: 1454863693806.jpg (8KB, 212x237px) Image search: [Google]
1454863693806.jpg
8KB, 212x237px
>All these indoor cat owners being so mad
>Trying to convince themselves outdoor is not better for their pets

Lmao.
>>
>>2397084
There's a reason indoor cats live longer.
>>
File: 1455482603966.jpg (19KB, 479x492px)
1455482603966.jpg
19KB, 479x492px
>>2397088

>Not owing a fenced land for your cats to play around safely

Are you even serious about your cat, pal?
>>
>>2397082
people should just be allowed and encouraged to kill cats like the pests they are
>>
>>2397090
I want to see you put up a fence that a cat cant climb
>>
File: IMG_20170602_153921.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170602_153921.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
>>2395696
Mine looks really similar to yours OP!

He was a feral that my nana took in as a kitten and I got when he was like 2 months old.

>>2395843
Looks like a nice yard, do you live in the city?
>>2396675
Mine is also indoor/outdoor. He comes in when called in the evening and is usually waiting outside for me when I get home!
>>2396690
Do you put a collar on him/her?
>>
File: 20170224_213339.jpg (577KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170224_213339.jpg
577KB, 2048x1152px
>>2396675
That's a very cute schmitten. Is he a ragdoll by chance (and if not what breed is he)?
>>
>>2397088
My Blues is going on eight years...
>>
File: 20160214_145253.jpg (788KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160214_145253.jpg
788KB, 2048x1152px
>>2397082
I've had cats (and dogs) most of my life, both indoor and outdoor cats. I now own a cat who's mother was a barn cat (on an actual farm) and who's father was feral. Given her parents, you would think that she would be prone to be an outdoor cat. But I worry about her running off, or getting hurt, and about the native population of wildlife ever being introduced to the facts about how much destruction cats cause, so my cat isn't an outdoor cat. And she is perfectly content as far as I can tell. I leave windows open in my house so she can get fresh air and see the birds outside, and I play with her regularly every day for exercise, and I think that's all she needs. I would say most domesticated cats don't need to go outside, and I only say most because there may be some strange outliers I am not aware of.
>pic related, my schmitten
>>
File: 1455843082928.gif (838KB, 500x393px) Image search: [Google]
1455843082928.gif
838KB, 500x393px
>>2397097

>What are barb wires and electricity

Nearby Chinese restaurants love me.
>>
>>2397090
Only a barbed wire fence would stop a cat.
Once you start putting those up I think you lose any right to be claiming it's for their own good.
>>
>>2397105
Thank you for your response, she looks really lovely!
>>
>>2397110
Thank! She's a tiny schmitten, much smaller than almost any other full grown cat I've seen. She wasn't taken from her mom early, I feed her properly, and all her siblings grew to be normal size, so I guess she's just a midget or something.
>>
>>2397109

My pussy, my rules.
>>
File: 1236654478852.jpg (87KB, 597x597px) Image search: [Google]
1236654478852.jpg
87KB, 597x597px
>have cat
>neighbor didn't have time for her since she was needy at bad times
>he always brought girls over to smash
>ignoring loyal pussy for slut pussy
>first meet her walking home with my kids
>we notice she has a big belly when she showed us her belly to pet her
>kids already want her
>apartment doesnt allow but fuck em
>next day she takes off and we dont see her for weeks probably in neighbors backyard
>we didnt know it was his at the time let us keep her when he came over to hang out if we can keep her
>comes back to our apartment with her kittens
>after kittens gone she comes back
>we keep her in and out
>she goes crazy if not let outside but pretty chill inside and sleeps next to my son every night
>after her second litter we got her chipped and spayed since she is the only female in the neighborhood
now she likes to wake me up at 5 to eat and will follow the kids outside when they play and watch them and come back in with them when they are done. She doesnt like to be on our laps but when she likes to plop next to us
>>
>>2397109
No. Any style of fence with a top that curves inward is sufficient to keep a cat in without looking like a prison.
>>
>>2397088
My outdoor cats always live longer.
If I confine them to the house they want to leave pretty bad and when they do they get hit by a car. The outdoor ones are more tuned to the surroundings. The worst part is when the neighborhood bully cat comes to kick their ass.
>>2397100
Yeah I usually put collars on my cats. His mom exiled herself because she doesn't like our new dog but she still comes around for cuddles and food.
>>
>>2395726
You could keep them inside.
>>
File: 1495068863824.jpg (25KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
1495068863824.jpg
25KB, 500x374px
Outdoor cats are based if you live out in the country and rats/mice are an actual problem
fuckers feed themselves and SLAUGHTER rats
>>
>>2395717
Indoorcats without exception go mentaly ill.
>>
>>2397143
Yeah I live out in the semi-country (in Norway), and I grew up with my Norwegian forest cat. She was out hunting, and pretty much single handedly turned what was a regular mouse infestation into us never seeing a single mouse anywhere for years unless she caught them. Eventually even she started getting trouble finding them and had to supplement with squirrels. She lived to be 20 years old.
>>
File: DSC_0041.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0041.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>2397146
Pic related. She was like a sister to me, I miss her terribly.
>>
>>2397149
v. cute anon, pretty cool you had her for so long
>>
>>2397151
Yeah, she was getting close to national record years. She had two cancer operations, eventually it caught up to her. The last one we weren't even sure about, but I insisted we give her one final summer, fuck the costs. I think one reason why she was always so healthy is that we got her fixed early and never had to go through the stresses of child birth.
>>
>>2395696
And people wonder why I shoot cats on sight.
>>
>>2395696
I've identified one outdoor cat since I bought my house in December. He's long hair, black and dark brown. This morning he let me pet him a couple of times, but this evening he walked off as I tried to call his attention. Looked back, but wasn't really interested.
In my old neighborhood I fed dozens of feral cats.
One of my indoors became outdoors for awhile when I was inbetween places. Not my choice, but she got out one day and just refused to come inside - understandable, since me and the dogs were cramped in a room and she wasn't having it. When we moved, I managed to find her and bring her with me. Now she's happily indoors again so long as she gets her space.
My eldest cat likes to spend large amounts of time outside, but never strays out of the back yard. It's fenced, so I'm not concerned with leaving him out overnight. If he isn't allowed outside for a day he'll end up pissing all over the house out of spite - he particularly seems to enjoy pissing in the dog food dish.
>>
>>2395737
>ascribing human behavior to wild animals
Dumbass
>>
>>2397171
you're a disgusting, dirty person
>>
>>2397189
Can I ask why?
>>
>>2395696
Outdoor cat you call it?

I call them BB target Practice

Its great how they even rhyme with common vermin so you feel zero guilt.
>>
i have 7 indoor cats and they all live happily. they always play intensely at 6am, 4pm and 9-10pm
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.