[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on the Irish Wolfhound? They're pretty fucking based.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 589938211.jpg (183KB, 509x339px) Image search: [Google]
589938211.jpg
183KB, 509x339px
Thoughts on the Irish Wolfhound?
They're pretty fucking based.
>>
>>2394207
I don't have much to say, but Irish Wolfhounds are pretty fucking based
>>
>>2394207
pretty sure that's a dire wolf, OP
>>
Quite possibly the coolest and most badass dog breed.

You can keep your meme Tibetan Mastiffs and Ovcharkas and Dogo Argentinos, they look like shit compared to this majestic, ancient breed.
>>
>>2394477
You could ride around on that dog like a horse jfc
>>
>>2394207
I'd name him Cleric Beast
>>
>>2394207
They're cool looking, but I would never get one due the short lifespan. I get enough of that with the rats.
>>
They look like the most homeless dogs of all dogs and I have seen a lot of street dogs
>>
>>2394207
They're laid back and goofy, like to play too.
The problem is the lifespan and heart issues.
>>
I'd kill for one but that fucking lifespan is tragic.

I've known smaller female great danes to outlive their giant male counterparts(the males being on the higher scale of size). Would a wolfhound on the smaller scale of the breed have less health problems or longer lifespan?
>>
File: 1397839120189.jpg (213KB, 1100x733px) Image search: [Google]
1397839120189.jpg
213KB, 1100x733px
>>2394207
I'm pretty sure they smell bad.
>>
>>2394884
That's the theory anyway. It's believed their prodigious growth rate is what makes them more vulnerable to bone cancer, which is what most commonly kills them.
>>
>>2394477
Goddamn. If one of them wanted you dead and you where unarmed? You be fucked. Imagine one of those fucks jumping on you in a war.
>>
Skyrim dog
>>
>>2394884
why couldn't they just breed a huge dog along with a huge meaty heart capable of sustaining it since our current technology allows to monitor those things? Pretty sure organs have +/- size variations too.
inb4 it's cheeper to just get 2 dogs
:(
>>
>>2394207

Theyre a modern fantasy recreation which was bred for no other purpose than as an ornament. A fairly fragile one at that in terms of bone structure and succeptability to bloat.
>>
>>2395072
They might be ornamental now but they were called Wolfhounds for a reason. To kill wolfs and also be used in war.
>>
>>2394884
whats their average lifespan anyway?
>>
>>2395110
These are modern recreations you fuckwit. These are not the original wolfhounds.
>>
>>2395113
7 years.
>>
>>2395191
>7 years.

If you're lucky.

5.5 to 6 is about the norm.

That's too short.
>>
>>2395540
:( that sucks. Could a crossbreed/mutt whith mostly wolfhound genetics live longer due to beneficial mutagenesis?
>>
>>2395561
Sure.

Big dogs just don't live long, regardless, compared to their smaller peers.
>>
>>2395562
It would be cool if we could engineer a literal monster dog, like Clifford The Big Red Dog. It would only live for 3 months but it would be awesome.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.