[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just wanted you guys to meet my little buddy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: IMG-20170529-WA0008.jpg (772KB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170529-WA0008.jpg
772KB, 1836x3264px
I just wanted you guys to meet my little buddy
>>
>>2393190
I love that meme
>>
>>2393167
Post a pic of his cage. I don't trust people to take proper care of these things at all.
>>
>>2393167
i use to have a Siberian hamster. Angry little fucker nipped me. For some days it let me handle it and we were friends. Then it nipped be again.
>>
File: IMG_20170529_184019.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170529_184019.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2393217
You shouldn't. I'm always open to suggestions.
>>
>>2393222
This robo wasn't very friendly the first weeks but I'm gaining his trust now
>>
>>2393231
>lots of sand for a robo
>big wooden wheel
>burrowing box
>lots of hideouts
you done good anon, I'd suggest scatter feeding instead of using a bowl though- helps keep them busy "foraging" and frees up space in the cage
>>
>>2393314
Thanks man, I'd still say it's not enough space for a robo but I think I've done a pretty good job. I'll try the scattering thing.
>>
That is cute as fuck OP. Thank you for sharing.
>>
>>2393167
this is very nice
>>
I know it's a strange predicament to be in but I'm currently torn between getting a cat or a robo/dwarf hamster. I used to have a siberian dwarf as a kid and I loved him they're so fun to play with. And I have a giant ass storage bin that would make a great cage + it would be a fun project to do. But at the same time I've always wanted a cat.
>>
post more!
>>
>>2393231
>>2393314
I don't know anything, can someone explain the benefit use of sand? I understand wood chips are hazardous for little rodents and I've seen those paper fluff stuff, but this is a first time I'm seeing sand being used.
>>
>>2393864
they clean themselves in it like chinchillas and some use it like a litter box. Its really good for them to have in their cage but it's only just getting more common for people to have it in their setups. Most hamsters only need a small container but robos apparently benefit from having a shitton
also
>wood chippings are poisonous
rule of thumb with most rodents: cedar/pine are dangerous, aspen shavings are safe
>>
>>2393838
buy less demanding animal first and then buy another animal (cat)
>>
File: cruising usa.jpg (150KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
cruising usa.jpg
150KB, 768x432px
>>2393190
oh my god he posted it again! i love that image!
>>
>>2393838
Take into account that a robo is not a very sociable hamster to play with. It took a lot to mine to even eat from my hand without biting. It's not a hamster for new owners.
>>
>>2393864
OP here. Roborowski hamsters are desert animals. I tried to give him something close to his natural habitat. Also, they hate water, so hamsters must have sand for self cleaning.
>>
File: IMG_20170506_205535.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170506_205535.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>2393845
Here he was drinking in an older bin cage I made him.
>>
>>2393821
Thanks!
>>
>>2394009 #
>Roborowski hamsters are desert animals
Just saying, this alone isn't a good argument. Most deserts are hard packed dirt and stone, not deep beds of loose sand. That's why it's generally advised not to use sand for bearded dragons or leopard geckos, with stone tile being preferred.

That may or may not be applicable with robos. I don't know specifically where they come from.
>>
>>2394079
But they have indeed lots of sand. And, as seen in the picture I uploaded of the cage, I also included many stones, some seen, like those 4 on the surface, and some hidden, like one under the sand infront of the eggcase and one in the house
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.