[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tumors and Rescuing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: IM000587.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IM000587.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
The tldr version is:
Mammary tumors in dogs, how often are they malignant?
Getting donations from crowdfunding, any tips, tricks etc.

So my family has slowly been wheedling the animals off of my great aunt. She was a Chihuahua breeder for decades. In her old age, both cleanliness and dog numbers got away from her.
(I personally think she needs to be put in a home, house condemned, dogs dispersed, but freaking family politic bullshit)

I learned she had a single Pomeranian, someone had given her an unknown time ago, that was shoved in the basement. People don't want her because she has a sizeable mammary tumor.

I'm told her health is poor. Not sure if it's the tumor or just the shitty living conditions. I have not actually seen the dog. All anyone knows about her is she's a Pom, orange, intact, and has a tumor.

I want to get her out of there, but my funds are shot. My dog needed emergency surgery in January, and I need exploratory surgery for...well kinda the same thing as this dog.
I'm afraid taking her to the pound would be instant death for her (our shelters are full) and possibly get me into trouble.
I want to take her to my vet for assessment (he knows I take care of my animals), get his opinion on her chances.
So I was thinking about trying some crowdfunding.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Pic is my 15yr old pup, still going strong.
>>
File: stopit769.jpg (90KB, 500x642px) Image search: [Google]
stopit769.jpg
90KB, 500x642px
>have old dog
>need exploratory surgery
>funds are shot
>i want to get another dog with serious health problems
>>
>>2393085
Yeah, no harm can be done by crowd funding. Good luck op. Sounds like a shitty situation.
>>
>>2393085
>Our shelters are full

Why do people think that they can only bring dogs to their nearest shelter? You can call up other places and see if they will accept put of state surrenders. Most places will if the dog is an owner surrender and meets the criteria, it never hurts to call up other places and just ask. Not really aimed at OP just something in general Because I see people say this so much when just an hour or two drive away there's a shelter with open spots
>>
>>2393261
>tfw the nearest shelter is a 2 hour drive away
>tfw it's the county animal control and always full
>>
>>2393244
My 15 year old dog is PERFECTLY healthy. Only sign he's old is some minor cataracts. He has NO health problems whatsoever. No meds.
People are amazed how old he is. He's always running, jumping, and out does the 4 year old I have.

It was actually my younger dog that had the surgery. A fluke that wasn't poor breeding, care, etc, just something that occasional happens. Vets words not mine. She's 100% now too.
Actually, if the damned Emergency ER place hadn't lied to me about having a surgeon on hand, I'd still have a nest egg. Sad it cost 3x more for the ER visit, with only fluids given, than emergency surgery and 2 antibiotics/pain meds/probiotics at my vets.

If she is bad enough, I will have her put down. She'll be going to the vet ASAP when I do get her. At least then she'll die in the arms of someone that cares rather than in a filthy basement.

My own surgeon suspects my issue is a benign fatty tumor or displaced breast tissue. It's gotten big enough to cause issues. It'll be an outpatient with no complications expected. Insurance will pay for it.

>>2393261
Our shelters (emphasis on the plural) are literally full of pitbulls. They can't give the damned things away. Therefore when a normal dog comes in, they get shoved off to breed rescues or put down. She's got the tumor so.....
Also, I know some shelters won't accept animals from other states/counties or charge you an outrageous fee.
I'm not impressed with the local rescues either. I looked into a few... The ones rec'd to me are full. And No kill seems no better than hoarders, from what I've seen. I'm trying to get her out of that situation.

Trust me, another dog wasn't in my future until my older dog died and I got my funds built up. But shitty situation.
>>
>>2393249
Very shitty situation. Any recommendations on which one is best?
>>
>I want a dog but can't afford it
>I know, I'll take the dog and expect others to send me charity

Uh good plan OP? You sound like you're on the same path to being an animal-hording slob like your great aunt. Must be genetic.
>>
>>2393085
thought i responded...

50% benign, 50% malignant. Out of 50% malignant, 50% met.

Stage dog first- chest xrays and LN aspirates.
Conservative surgery is best for dogs.

If cat--- very radical surgeries preferred,
>>
>>2393085
Report her to the police. Fuck family ties, animals are suffering because of this cunt's fuckery.
>>
>>2393735
Is inability to read and process what you read, genetic in yours?

Yep, I'm a hoarder.
I have two dogs. They get regular vet visits, high quality food, flea meds, I groom them myself, they get regular walks and socialization, well trained, etc.

Classic hoarder situation amiright?

I had ONE dog for 11 years before I got a second one. I wasn't planning on getting another one until my older one died. And that's if my funds were right.

I'm sure you've NEVER been in a situation where some huge emergency came up and hit you financially.

And this is the FIRST time I've ever thought of asking for help for anything.
I'm also making things to sell, doing commissions, going through my stuff and seeing what has value, I will be relying on any charity as little as I can.

I'm looking at my options here.
I'll also be calling my vet today, see if he knows any rescues.

Looking at the stupid shit people actually ask money for.....

>>2393766
Thank you for the info. So there is some hope for her then.

>>2393786
Family ties don't mean much to me really, the situation is a clusterfuck to explain. And it reads like a shitty story.
Uncomplicated is, she estranged herself from the family, just got back in touch last couple months, her husband just died from complications of Alzheimer's. She possibly has some form of dementia and doesn't take care of herself.
Several family members have stepped in to help. I will say they're dispersing the dogs quickly.
I'm not privy to ANY info on where she actually lives or even her last name (I've always known her as Aunt Dean). They're being tight lipped about it because they're afraid someone WILL turn her in. They're taking pics of the dogs, finding adopters, then bringing the dogs to them.
(Just to clarify, no pics of Pom bc tumor.)
I'm just trying to convince them to put aunt into a nursing home. I doubt she'd even be charged bc of her mental health.
They're not biting.It's a frustrating situation all around.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.