[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the increasingly large range of Gray Wolves?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: Wolf_distr.gif (13KB, 1168x347px) Image search: [Google]
Wolf_distr.gif
13KB, 1168x347px
How do you feel about the increasingly large range of Gray Wolves?
>>
File: 1422512587070.png (95KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
1422512587070.png
95KB, 241x228px
>>2392911
>live in an are where they are supposed to be extinct
>recently there was a case of one appearing and killing a bunch of sheep over the course of weeks before getting shot
>>
>>2392911
We have the hybrid eastern coyote/"Tweed wolf" which have taken their place for controlling deer and other animal pops. I don't expect wolves to return. Also fuck the word coywolf and anyone that says it.
>>
>>2392911
That's a lotta woofers
>>
>>2392923
How do you feel about the word 'Woyote'?
>>
welcome back
>>
>>2392911
It's cool.
Also wish farmers in my country would stop complaining, everytime they lose a sheep to a wolf, they're compensated by the state and get much more money than the sheep's actually worth.
Shit they'd literally be better off teaching dogs to attack their sheep on command to cheat than selling or shearing their sheep.
>>
Coyote > Wolves
>>
>>2393040
What country is this?
>>
>>2392911
>Bahrain

This map looks bullshit
>>
>>2393040
Faggot farmers in my country shoot down foxes because sometimes a sickly lamb on its last legs gets picked off.
THEY WEIGHT LESS THAN 7KG AND THE ONLY SHEEP THEY KILL ARE AS GOOD AS DEAD ALREADY THEY ARE NOT A THREAT TO YOUR SHEKELS STOP FUCKIN KILLING THEM YOU MORONS
>>
>>2392911
I have nothing against Gay Wolves
>>
>>2393040
This sounds a lot like Norway.
>>
>>2394911
What about cis scum wolves?
>>
>>2392911
They reduce the need for deer culling.
Tbh their return is probably a good thing for most places.
>>
>>2392923
coywolf
coywolf
coywolf
sounds like a sly and sassy wolf, only a numale ratdog owner would dislike it
>>
About 2/3 of the animals on earth are human livestock. The other 1/3 are humans. About 3% are wild animals. Honestly they should be able to eat as much of our livestock and food as they want as long as they aren't parasites who will only further harm other animal populations and ecosystems.
>>
>>2392923
Why do you hate coywolf? It sounds much better than Tweed wolf and it's easy to make the connection like jaglion, liger, etc.

We have a ton of coywolves and coydogs but we classify them more as coyotes than we would wolves or dogs. Our coywolves aren't straight up 50/50 hybrids though.
>>
>less than 16th century by continents worth
>increasingly large

Industrialization sure did a number on this world
>>
>>2396167
>About 2/3 of the animals on earth are human livestock. The other 1/3 are humans. About 3% are wild animals

Birds, fish, and invertebrates would like to have a word with you.
>>
>>2396421
What about reptiles and amphibians?
>>
>>2395838
It's far more numale to think portmanteaus sound good, especially when they aren't even pronounced like the actual animals name. Also sly and sassy are traits your rat dogs would be given. It's a truly degrading name.

>>2396187
It sounds stupid and forced while eastern coyote and tweed wolf do not. They aren't hybrids in the sense of ligers either. They are an animal that has an origin in hybridization but they are breeding amongst themselves and maintaining an established form distinct from parent lineages.
>>
Good. If they manage to spread even with humans around they deserve spreading.
>>
>>2396517
There's lots of them too, but the other three tend to come in huge numbers. There's a single species of songbird in Africa called the Red-billed Quelea that has a population of a billion and a half, and tons of insects dwarf that number.
>>
>>2392911
I would be glad if they returned to CT.
Maybe we'd have fewer fucking deer.
>>
They used to be common in the UK, same with the Eurasian Lynx, they need to be reintroduced.
>>
File: 1488644440284.jpg (61KB, 643x548px) Image search: [Google]
1488644440284.jpg
61KB, 643x548px
>>2394911
gray wolves not gay wolves anon

nice digits
>>
>>2392911
Why do we care about wolves anyway? They already adapted to live with humans, the ones that don't survive are just losing in natural selection.
>>
>>2396570
Tweed wolf is retarded, and 'eastern coyote' is misleading. Plenty of animals are named 'incorrectly' but they at least usually have an excuse such as just not knowing better then.

They're not a separate nor the same species.
>>
>>2392923
>Also fuck the word coywolf and anyone that says it.

That's what their called m8.

Down here in Indiana we don't have any wolves but the yotes and got dogs are already annoying as fuck, we don't need to add another type of blood to the mix.
>>
>>2393040
>they're compensated by the state and get much more money than the sheep's actually worth.

I don't know where you are from, but here in the states a $10,000 stud ram is not even uncommon. Hell even shity breeders like me are breeding with $2500 rams. Ewes are of course cheaper on average but they can get up there too. I don't see any government anywhere writing a check for $10,000 USD because a wolf killed a sheep.

On top of that once the sheep is dead so are the genetics, so if you are trying to breed for something and you ewe gets killed you are shit out of luck for at least two years.
>>
>>2397576
The only thing retarded is the name coywolf

>misleading
Only coywolf is misleading, as it conjures up hybrid animals, which is itself misleading. It's like saying that saying that a mixed race individual is that same thing as South Africa's coloured people.
>>
>>2397596
>That's what their called m8.
>their called

The ones I'm referring to are primarily referred to as eastern coyotes. Coydog and coywolf are more often used for incidental hybrids found in the west. Coywolf isn't even mentioned in the lead of the wiki article.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_coyote
>>
Sometimes the St. Lawrence River freezes over and the wolves get to Northern NY from Canada
>>
>>2397625
it makes sense if the animal shares features of both compartments
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.