[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do weathermen, on television and radio and even in print,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 5

File: warm.jpg (37KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
warm.jpg
37KB, 600x398px
Why do weathermen, on television and radio and even in print, always characterize sunny warm weather as something great which everyone obviously loves and wants to have and cloudiness or precipitation as something bad which nobody wants? This never fails to irritate me.
>>
>>2392436
I am allergic to sunlight so fuck that guy. Overcast weather is good for everything.
>>
Because unlike you people don't spend their entire day indoors
>>
>>2392439
overcast days are when i actually go out though
>>
>>2392438
>>2392440
Overcast is best weather. Places aren't soggy, you aren't blinded if you look a degree too far upward, car doesn't turn into an oven when you park it, don't have to put on sunscreen, and it's easy to fish from the shore.

I'm tired of sunny day whoring. Meteorologists please cease your propaganda campaign.
>>
That time just before and just after a rainstorm are the closest to heaven we may ever know.
>>
Best weather is when it's sunny and raining at the same time.
>>
>>2392456
Sunny and windy is borderline ok too
>>
>>2392436
Because you're outnumbered by the world's clueless idiots.
>Rain scares them
>Clouds make them sad
>They don't understand that plants need water to grow
>They think going outside in anything other than San Diego weather equals instant death
>They probably are afraid of any animal bigger than a squirrel
>>
>>2392436
Because you live somewhere that isn't in a drought/constant heat wave. Move to Southern Texas or Cali and you'll hear meteorologists bitch about the sunny weather
>>
>>2392659
I live in California and the weathermen complained nonstop everyday about the rain then switched to praising the blessed sun, but maybe we use different sources.
>>
>>2392436
vampires pls go
>>
>>2392436
YOU try working outdoors in the pouring rain.
>>
>>2392665
I live in Arizona, we love the rain and that shit pours here when it finally does happen. I remember the Year we got 11 inches in a few couple hour rainstorms. Shit was awesome.
>>
>>2392745
What are nightcrawlers?
>>
>>2392436
It's not like they control the weather, So who cares what their attitude is? It's gonna be what it's gonna be.
>>
I'm in Toronto and the media constantly repeats how well we endure the winters and how much tougher than Americans we are. Yet they still rail and snow bad weather, and 30+ 80% humidity "nice" weather
>>
>>2392436
I agree, fuck the sun. Asshole gave me a sunburn. Bring on the soothing cool rain any day.
>>
>>2392436
I blame Care Bears. Wasn't the sunshine bear the happiest and the one with the cloud emblem the grumpiest?
>>
>>2392745
I had to tile a roof in the middle of August once. I have no idea how people survive that
>>
>>2392436
because Vitamin D feels great
>>
because weather is for farmers, sailors and construction workers

if you're not in one of those groups, you don't matter
>>
>>2392450
TRUTH
>>
>>2392459
No

NO

Seriosuly, fuck that weather. This is the worst kind of bullshit. Fucking NO
>>
>>2392459
Wind sucks ass, what are you talking about. It messes up your hair and if it's cold makes your hands and face go numb. If it's rainy it's 10x worse. I don't know why you would want it in the sun either, because a) in winter it makes it cold still and b) in summer it just blows hot air in your face. Wind can go die in a fire.
>>
>>2392436
because he wants to appeal to majority you dumb fuck
>>
>>2392436
Healthcare lobbyists created this in order to get more patients in for sun-related disease treatments.
>>
Because sunny weather equals good time spent outdoors man. And it's good if you're gardening. Get /out/ once in a while.

Sunny doesn't always equal blazing heat.
>>
>>2395852
>good if you're gardening
>plants enjoy water
>garden is dry
>have to give it chlorinated, chemical filled tap water

Fuck you sunfags. And fuck people who won't fish when it's overcast, you faggots are ruining my bait business and making me sit in the sun for two hours per dozen crawlers. Fucking assholes. Stop worshipping the sun.
>>
>>2392438
You get your worst sunburns in overcast weather.
http://www.americanscientist.org/issues/pub/sunshine-on-a-cloudy-day

Out here in Colorado they love it when it rains on the media. Mainly because the more rain, the less fires that summer.
>>
>>2395873
Sunburns are fine, I don't get them because am Apache from grandfather up. But the fucking Irish inserted semen into my bloodline and now I drink heavily and have seizures, flushing, scarring, cuts, wounds, blemishes, discoloration, flushing, burns and mental problems when I'm in the sun for 5 minutes.
>>
>>2395864
plants enjoy sunlight, too

>making me sit in the sun
get an umbrella
>>
>>2395874
>I don't get sunburned
>flushing, BURNS, and mental problems
What?

Also, doesn't matter if you're burned or not. Bob Marley died of melanoma. Be careful, shield yourself in overcast days.

Also, most if not all the symptoms you describe could be attributed to heavy drinking. Including increased risk of melanoma
http://www.mindthesciencegap.org/2013/02/18/alcohol-and-sunburns-a-tragicomedy/
>>
>>2395876
I sit in the shade, it was an honest exaggeration, but I am allergic and have to stay out of it.

Good business for me though because dark, rain and clouds are pleasant. I just don't like when it's windy. I'm schedule rotated into sleeping from 8am-2pm often so I can get out there and get the worms with my vampire reflexes at a good rate, 50 an hour, if the availability was higher I'd get rich. I hate sitting around with a sign for hours to make a buck though, once the word is out I'll have regulars.

I do occasionally get out and set up when the sun is about to hit me, and I only have sales in one spot, shit's tough to deal with and still move worms, but I just don't like the sun.
It'll be better when people realize what I have and come to my house to buy them.
>>
File: IMG_20170601_113201.jpg (298KB, 1120x1680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170601_113201.jpg
298KB, 1120x1680px
>>2395900
Damn that's interesting, thank you for the link. I have a gallon of beer 15 days per month, 7% alcohol, so you can call it heavy but it's just sipping to me.

Let me read the link and get back to you, because this shit started with lupus symptoms while I wasn't drinking at all. Might not be porphyria, but I do have porphyrin (assumed) deposits on the skin. I think it's more related to lupus or a moderate vitamin d allergy.

Left side is what I assume is a porphyrin deposit, cluster of 8 red spots that are permanent, right side is just poison from getting worms and trimming bushes. Give me a minute to read this, thanks.
>>
>>2392459
sunny and windy is literally the worst possible combination of weather
>sun is boiling hot
>shade is cold enough to require an extra layer of clothes because of the wind
fuck you
>>
>>2395900
It makes some sense, but I am pretty much allergic whether or not I'm losing antioxidants on beer, due to the cuts, scars and seizures.

I will get some good green tea (not fucking lipton) and try for a little more orange shit even though I hate citrus. We'll see if it improves my reactions to the sun.

I won't stop drinking beer though, I have lupus and I'm severely allergic to opiates. The muscular, movement and mental disturbances have absolutely no treatment without opiates or weed. I can't really quit and stay in stasis on my couch, I have to buy food, water and supplies and I have epilepsy too which makes it illegal for me to drive for my entire life.

Seriously, the Irish can go fuck themselves. I don't want these fucking potato famine genes. They should've never been let into the USA.
>>
>>2395852
I grew up in an area where it was 115 F in summer, so I can't equate the sun to anything but an inferno.
>>
>>2392436
Because the overwhelmingly vast majority of people do so it makes sense. I fucking hate the summer though
>>
>>2392449
Depends on the overcast. If it's a mix of sunny to overcast, I get screaming headaches. If it's flat out overcast, I'm ok.
>>
>>2396618
Is it from how bright it is? I get that too. Sucks for birdwatching especially.
>>
Warm is associated with summer, in which, in general, most people associate with good times. For example, think of the majority of (especially) children's shows and movies where warm, tropical, sunny scenes are the best times of their lives! Vacation! Not doing shit! How many times do you hear people say "it's too nice to be inside", seldom do I here "it's so cold, I wish I were outside"
>>
>>2392436
Holy shit thank you I thought it was just me. They do it during every fucking heat wave too
>>
>>2392436
Who gets things like that off the TV anymore? Weathermen are about as quaint as landline telephones or VCRs
>>
>>2397003
Sexy Latino weather women are where its at.
>>
>>2392436
What even worse since I live in SoCal, its fucking storm watch every time it rains and sprinkles
>>
>>2395864
fuck off vampirefag. Sun feels good you autistic shut in
>>
>>2396801
Yeah, sometimes. I'm ok with warm sunny days so long as it isn't humid. Dark overcasts seem more calming than bright overcasts, ironically enough. I think it might have something to do with reflection and stuff.
>>
File: la.png (42KB, 1070x116px) Image search: [Google]
la.png
42KB, 1070x116px
I'm indifferent to rain when its not a constant but anything more than a day or two gets a bit irritating
especially since the water stays around for awhile because of louisianas humidity and the chance it will rain again
I like the sun heat and humidity my comfort zone is high 70's to mid 80's and a little bit of wind with 50% humidity
pic related has been shitty weather for last week
and the reason they act like its a good thing is because the rain impedes on jobs and activities that take place outside
>>
File: suncult.png (503KB, 720x539px) Image search: [Google]
suncult.png
503KB, 720x539px
>>
File: weather.png (61KB, 1145x325px) Image search: [Google]
weather.png
61KB, 1145x325px
>Boo hoo I love rain fuck the sun!
Fuck you.
>>
>>2395874
>He blames Irishmen on the redman being unable to control his liquor intake.
>>
>>2395852
What's with the assumption ITT that disliking sunny days means you never go outdoors? I'm not a fan of the sun because I'm outdoors all the time.

When I'm indoors it doesn't really matter?
>>
Snow and sun is gorgeous if I don't have to work.

Otherwise overcast is best.
>>
>>2397690
>be farmer
>got things to do
>sun is fucking hot as shit, fuck balls
>sleep until shade hits everything

I do 90% of my farm work in the early morning and late evening because it is too sunny, hot, and 100% humidity just sucks.
>>
>>2392436
No joke, I get depressed and anxious on cloudy days. Where I grew up I was fucked for 180 days each year. I don't mind cold, don't mind wind, love rain and storms, snow and ice, but fuck those high sheets of gray cloud over yellowed grass and bare tree days, especially out in the rural midwest.
I live in Florida now, but I still feel like crap on a single cloudy day. The heat can be hell, the humidity sucks, but I fucking love the sunlight because it doesn't make me feel like shit for no reason.
>>
>>2392659
I went to Cali and no matter how much sun it felt good as fuck. Here in Texas there's a thing called humidity that's through the fucking roof.
>>
The worst kind of weather is when it's cold but the sun is out and burning your face
So fucking uncomfortable
>>
>>2392745
I am a construction worker, and I would much rather work in light-medium rain than any bright day. I can't say anything about people who aren't doing manual labour, though.
>>
>>2392745
overcast above 25°f>light rain above 45°f>snow above 25°f>sunny>heavy rain>cold
I'm a mail carrier
>>
>>2398843
yo /an/, this person hates dogs
>>
>>2397158
You know in most parts of the world, there can be rain without thunderstorms or floods.
>>
>>2398836
I am a ne'er-do-well and would rather lounge about dillydallying in light rain than brutal constant sunlight. We aren't so different after all.
>>
>>2395707
I feel you. The sun is too hot so you take a layer off, then the asshole wind blows and makes you cold as fuck, but you're sweaty and it's just not pleasant.

In PA we get rain with low humidity, it's raining a lot here lately and it's windy as well - goes down to 40-50° some nights, those I like.

Weather is anthropomorphized for some reason. Dark clouds are always sad, the sun always has a happy face - it's like teachers think things need faces for kids to learn about them.
>>
>>2395874
Why are you blaming Irish genetics on your clumsy ass getting burns and cuts/wounds? The fuck?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.