[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me and my friend are going to have a contest on who can grow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: IMAG0172.jpg (60KB, 1000x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0172.jpg
60KB, 1000x598px
Me and my friend are going to have a contest on who can grow the biggest goldfish. I don't have anyone else to ask about goldfishes hence why I am here.

Do any anons have any ideas of how I can train and feed my goldfish up to swole fast?

For any science motherfuckers out there, would anabolic steroids work on goldfish?

(Cross posting from /adv)
>>
>>2392382
>would anabolic steroids work on goldfish

/an/ - Animals and Nature
>>
They grow based on the size of their environment and never really stop growing, just like alligators.

That's why you can't flush them down the toilet they get huge as fuck.
>>
>>2392382
you get a breed that grows big.
>>
>>2392382
Get a big and fast growing variety, give it a big (55+ gallon) overfiltered unheated aquarium, or a pond, and feed it frequently. Not too frequently as they will not refuse food ever and can eat themselves to death. Try to read about them and see what variety is the fastest growing.
>>
File: IMG_4372.jpg (35KB, 480x349px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4372.jpg
35KB, 480x349px
>>2392382
The secret to fast growing goldfish is a continuous exchange of clean water for old water and plenty of live food.
>>
File: goldfish5.jpg (449KB, 1199x896px) Image search: [Google]
goldfish5.jpg
449KB, 1199x896px
>>2392406
Won't they die from being surrounded by shit and piss if you flush them down the toilet?

>>2392382
In case this isn't bait, no, anabolic steroids won't work on a goldfish. You can't "feed them up" either because they'll just die of GI problems caused by overfeeding. Their digestive systems are sensitive as fuck.

Here's what you do: you get a regular comet goldfish from the store, throw it in a 20gal+ tank, and wait a couple of years. You'll likely end up with a proper carp-sized fish. It's not a short process and if you're bad at keeping fish it'll die long before it reaches a decent size.
>>
>>2392412
When I had to take a two week business trip I built one of these with a toilet Float filler and some tubing/pvc pipe. It also reminds me of my old aquaponic setup.
>>
>>2392382
http://www.about-goldfish.com/goldfish-growth-rates.html
>>
>>2392414
I was thinking that I was just referencing the stereotype.
>>
shop around for goldfish that look similar to each other but are successively larger. Keep them all somewhere in your house on the down low and just show your friend bigger and bigger fish until he either throws in the towel or you beat him.
>>
>>2392406
That's a myth, but them being in a smaller tank usually leads to toxin build-up that keeps them small and winds up eventually killing them.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.