[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat piss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: FB_IMG_1492127647700.jpg (54KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492127647700.jpg
54KB, 960x540px
Hello, this is my beautiful and wonderful cat, Squidly. He's 3 years old, I've had him and his sister, Marbles, since they were tiny baby kittens. They live in a house with two other cats. Oreo, 8 years old, and Mama, possibly 4 years old.
Squidly is my problem cat. For nearly his entire life, He's been peeing wherever he wants. He'll pee on couches, counters, the sink, towels, anything! It's gotten so bad that he's confined in a room that I've covered in carpet tape, to ensure that he doesn't ruin the carpet. He's only allowed out if he can be supervised, which means that he's only out for 9 hours a day, while I'm home and awake. This isn't the ideal situation for him, I need to fix his pee problem asap so that he can get on with his life. To make matters worse... I had a baby 7 months ago. The two get along fine, but I can't have my baby exposed to so much cat piss. We had to move from our old house once realizing that I was pregnant, because the house was so soaked with cat piss. Windows had to be kept open 24/7 and no one would visit due to the smell. Trying to avoid that with our new house at all costs.
I've taken him to the vet to be checked for crystals, which the vet said that he does have. But it's such a small amount that makes her believe that it's not the crystals contributing to the pee issue at all. We have four litterboxes in the cat room, and three other litter boxes around the house. I'm also looking for a new home for him, but it's difficult due to him being so bonded with his sister. No one wants two cats, one of who has pee issues.
Any other advice? Anything that I'm missing?
Pic related - it's of them when they were first rescued. Their cat mama abandoned them & got hit by a car.
>>
File: 20160719_115841.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160719_115841.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Ah fuck.
Short version: male cat pisses everywhere. Need fixed as soon as possible.
>>
Just replace it with another cat.
>>
File: 20170116_172100.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170116_172100.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
>>2392390
But I love him
>>
>>2392390
Seconding this
>>
>>2392464
It doesn't love you back, it's okay.
>>
File: 20160906_105541.jpg (4MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160906_105541.jpg
4MB, 4032x3024px
>>2392470
While that may be true, he is too good of a cat to lose
>>
>>2392478
He pisses everywhere, he's not a good cat you fucking toxoplasmosis-infested faggot.
>>
File: 20161106_144957.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_144957.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>2392547
But I taught him how to play fetch, sit, roll over, and he comes to his name
His only problem is the pee. I know if I just drop him off at the shelter, He'll end up either being put down or constantly brought back because of his issue. I can't do that to him
>>
It might be that he doesn't want to share a litterbox with any other cat. It doesn't matter how many you have, as soon as another cat uses it, he's going to find somewhere else to pee. I had a cat like that once, peed everywhere and would only use the litterbox if it had just been changed and was untouched by any other cat.

As bonded as he is to his sister, he still might be okay as an only cat in a new home. Some cats actually prefer to be the only cat in the household.
>>
>>2392285
>I've taken him to the vet to be checked for crystals, which the vet said that he does have

Cats are wicked stoic and although your vet thinks it's not affecting him it vary well might be causing him pain. He probably had pain urinating at some point in his life that made him behaviorally adverse to litterboxes.

That's what happened to my cat Monster. He became a problem pee-r when I was living in a house with my roommate where he started pissing in the basement and on dirty clothes. I took him in and my vet found crystals and recommended a prescription diet. Urinary crystals in cats are seriously no fucking joke-- male cats have long urethras and if the cat is prone to crystals then it's just a matter of time before he gets a blockage. As in cause his bladder to fill up and rupture if you're not home to rush him to the vet for surgery.

However, even after I put him on the prescription food he still pissed on the carpet next to the litter boxes (plural, I had 4 for 2 cats) and the vet said his problem was likely both medical and mental. He's a highly-strung cat, which doesn't help. It took years of finding the right litter (he hates clay) and litterbox configuration (I have to hide them because he's shy) and accommodation (the dog would go after his "cookies" and that made him uncomfortable) in addition to getting rid of all the carpet in my place, keeping the litterboxes immaculately clean, and keeping tabs on his urinary disease with prescription food and twice-yearly urine tests. Now he only occasionally pisses on the floor, but it's easy to clean up with paper towels and white vinegar.
>>
File: IMAG0924.jpg (1007KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0924.jpg
1007KB, 2688x1520px
>>2392591
tl;dr - First and foremost-- urinary crystals are a serious problem and possibly deadly. Get a second opinion from another vet. Find what litter he likes, place the boxes in a variety of places (including secluded areas where he can tinkle in private), and keep them CLEAN. Get rid of all. your. carpet. All of it. If you must have carpet (just don't, trust me), use an enzymatic cleaner like Nature's Miracle and follow the directions on the bottle. Don't use bleach or vinegar or whatever because that stuff just sets the smell and you'll never get rid of it. Vinegar is fine as long as it's on a non-porous surface.

I applaud you trying to do your best to keep your guy, but it's a lifetime battle with this kind of problem. It's manageable, but you have to be creative and willing to make a lot of changes and stick to them. Good luck.
>>
Have you considered castration for your cat?
>>
Is he neutered, OP? My cat will do the same thing occasionally, but with poop. Id first see if its a mental or an actual physical problem with his issue. For example, my cat wont poop on the floor when i put tinfoil down where her favorite poop spot is.
>>
Is he declawed?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.