[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outdoor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
Why do ya'll hate Outdoor cats? I have an indoor cat by the way.
I can definitely see the reasons for hating outdoor cats, personally i think it's fucking stupid to have an outdoor cat. It puts the cats in so much danger.
>>
No other pet owner free roams their animal alone with the deliberate expectation that it will hunt by itself to gain some % of its nutritional value. It doesn't happen! Only outdoorcatfags do this.

And their only justification is sheer laziness. The people really shouldn't be owning animals at all. They're not going to foot the vet bill when the cat inevitably gets worms, or gets into a big enough fight with a bigger cat/the local dog, or gets its leg run over by the automobile. They leave it to die. I knew outdoorcatfags who would shoot air pellets at their cat for funsies.

>bwah anon y wud u ever care about anything anywai? just let me express my psychopathic tendencies in peace!!!!

Honestly, I see them all as subhuman these days. It's hard to imagine these "people" as the same species as me. Maybe a nudge below Neanderthalensis.
>>
>>2391684
"Outdoor cats are a source of ecological risk – defined as hazards, natural, or human made, that threaten the health and productivity of individual species, communities, environmental processes, and the ecosystem (Barnthouse & Suter 1986; McDaniels et al. 1997). Cats have been described in the environmental literature as a source of ecological risk because they kill native fauna (e.g., Lepczyk et al. 2004; van Heezik et al. 2010; Loss et al. 2013); contribute to the reduction of mammal abundance (e.g., Risbey et al. 2000); cause the extirpation of insular species (Medina et al. 2011); and carry zoonotic diseases such as toxoplasmosis (Toxoplasma gondii), which has been linked to infection and death in marine mammals (e.g., Honnold et al. 2005; Miller et al. 2008). Moreover, cats are associated with behaviors such as defecating in gardens, spraying on private property, and making loud noises (Brown et al 1978; Dabritz et al. 2006) that can increase public annoyance and reduce tolerance for these animals. "
>>
Outdoor cats only seem to be a problem in the US. I live in the UK and indoor cats aren't really a thing, yet we have no stray cat epidemic like large US cities.
>>
>>2391738
How about predation on song birds? That is a problem.
>>
File: efi_forest_map_juliste[1].jpg (3MB, 7022x4967px) Image search: [Google]
efi_forest_map_juliste[1].jpg
3MB, 7022x4967px
>>2391738
>implying britain has any nature to cry over
>>
>>2391751
No I'm not. That's another reason it's fine.
>>2391750
They breed fast.
>>
File: Feld-201020104932.jpg (158KB, 700x690px) Image search: [Google]
Feld-201020104932.jpg
158KB, 700x690px
>>2391750
>Implying cats have a larger impact then the destruction of small scale habitats in favor of industrial agriculture
It's only logical that cats would catch the five birds that manage to live in somethign like pic related
>>
>>2391757
>implying tons of birds don't steal from cropland

Spotted the citypleb
>>
>>2391759
Having some food source is not enough when you have nowhere to nest or sleep to begin with
>>
>>2391761
>what are ground-nesting birds, any corvids, starlings, pigeons which will nest in fucking anything...

yes, that's how they survived the meteor anon. by never adapting to anything!
>>
>>2391766
Many ground nesting birds have conflicting raising times with the harvest of crops or high grass.
But I am not doubting that some can cope with it like you said. I am mearly pointing out that these large scale practices reduce the biodiversity in its whole to a strong degree.
>>
>>2391738
You're right Australia is fucked anyway.
>>
File: Truth.png (58KB, 1310x178px) Image search: [Google]
Truth.png
58KB, 1310x178px
>>2391684
>>
>>2391684
it's /an/

/an/ loves all animals except cats, pitbulls and, to a lesser extent, geese and wasps.
>>
File: 1471740006995.jpg (94KB, 458x408px) Image search: [Google]
1471740006995.jpg
94KB, 458x408px
>>2391684
>outside is dangerous to cats
>not cats being dangerous to the outside
This is why we hate them
>>
>>2391696
fpbp

I also hate Outdoor cats because they tend to be owned by fat "people".
>>
there's a stray alpha cat who i feed from time to time, he migrates to houses around here.

i haven't taken him in because he's violent and wouldn't pass in a shelter, and i'm afraid cutting off his balls will mean his death
>>
>>2392115
We had a neutered stray that we'd let take shelter in our garage in winters, never let it in because she could get super aggro so I understand what you mean.idk if it had an owner that just didn't care but we found her dead under one of our cars one night. It wasn't from starvation because we'd feed her but who knows - probably just old. She never hunted either, it was weird.
>>
>>2391696
10/10 mad, I let my cat out because he came from a farm and hates being cooped up indoors all day, doesn't mean I don't feed him or take him to the vet.
>>
>>2392127
Why didn't you leave it on the farm?
>>
>>2391738
They're a menace over here in Aus, mostly because there's pretty much nothing that can actually predate them most of the time. The cunts are pretty much perfectly adapted to thrive anywhere where they can find food.

>>2391901
This. Only good outdoor cat is a dead one.
>>
>>2392115
TNR
>>
>>2391696

>automobile

Hello grandpa.
>>
>>2391696
poor cats, they are confined to a single space for the rest of their lives.

My cat is free.
>>
>>2392728
>let me project my ideas and notions of "freedom" and other purely human constructs on a simple animal, and base my arguments completely on an appeal to emotion.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.