[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Monogamous

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: images (2).jpg (3KB, 135x90px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
3KB, 135x90px
What are some monogamous animals?
only know of swans and pidgeons
>>
>>2391501
human
>>
>>2391501
Coyotes.
>>
most birds
>>
a few old work monkeys like gibbons, ravens, geese, angelfish, beavers, wolves, some bats and some other fish and bird species.

With monogamy though, it's almost always SOCIAL monogamy--not sexual monogamy. As in, the partners will mate and be a pair that work to the benefit of each other and their offspring, but if given the opportunity, they will still cheat sexually--then return home to their unknowing partner as if nothing has happened.
>>
By far and away birds make up the largest chunk of the species that pair bond, so much so that you'd never be able to list all the bird species that form lifelong relationships. Many waterfowl/seabirds and penguins form pair bonds that last for life.
>>
In monogamous animals, if one partner dies, does the other find a new one, or does it remain single?
>>
>>2391603
Finds a new one but not all animals get the chance to mate, especially if competition is tough or females are guarded. Like lions, rhinos, elk, etc.

Even in birds or animals commonly said to mate for life, they may ''divorce". It's pretty common if one of them gets frustrated that the other is not producing offspring during breeding season or too long. Sterile males, females not laying, etc. I'm sure there are animals that stay together even if they can't produce due to social bonds or 'love' but the main point for that is for making more of them.

As another anon mentioned, cheating is a thing too. Not sure about the specifics, such as does the other get upset that they've been cheated on or the reason why they cheated was because they were horny or just don't pass up some free tail or what.
>>
File: me_and_my_gf.jpg (177KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
me_and_my_gf.jpg
177KB, 1600x1200px
>>2391501
>pidgeons
>>
>>2391503
>being this naive
>>
>>2391804
>muuhhh special snowflake polyamory commune
>>
>>2391829
>human have a mushroom-shaped penis evolved to scoop competitor's semen out of vaginas
>monogamous

Also:

>exogamous primate species have larger penis than monogamous ones
>human males have the biggest penis among all the primates, both relative to their body size and absolutely
>>
>>2391843
Too bad humans aren't wild animals anymore and monogamy is the accepted standard in the entire civilized world.
>>
>>2391843
>human have a mushroom-shaped penis evolved to scoop competitor's semen out of vaginas
Is this true?
>>
>>2391858
http://www.ehbonline.org/article/S1090-5138%2803%2900016-3/abstract
>>
>>2391861
Welp, time to spend 35 bucks on my next fap. Thanks anon.
>>
>>2391861
Is this the one that was debunked due to the authors forgetting that humans have a foreskin?
>>
>>2391503
>implying
>>
>>2391883
I have no idea if any of that shit is true but foreskin retracts when you have a boner, exposing the glands.
>>
File: 1494269226358.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494269226358.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>2391861
>>2391843
>le SCIENCE!!!!1111one supports my cuck fetish lmao totes THINKING MAN

People like you ought to be dragged out in public and stabbed by every single able bodied member of the local community.
>>
>>2391514
This. They are the most monogamous of all species.
>>
I made a pretty extensive list of monogamous mammalians once - they're by far the minority compared to the rest of the class.

Canids: all (wolves, coyotes, foxes, jackals, raccoon dogs, bush dogs, maned wolf)
Feliforms: dwarf, ring-tailed, narrow-striped, and Grandidier's mongoose; binturong, striped hyena
Marsupials: rock-haunting ringtailed, mountain brushtail, Leadbeater's, and lemuroid ringtailed possum; gliders, Allied rock wallaby
Rodents: beavers, prairie and woodland voles, California and Oldfield/beach mouse, muskrat, porcupines, Malagasy giant rat, naked mole rat, Japanese giant flying squirrel, guinea pig, Alpine marmot
Mustelids: Asian small-clawed, smooth-coated, giant, and Cape clawless otters
Primates: dwarf, fork-marked, bamboo, and wooly lemurs; tarsiers, marmosets, titis, sakis, uakaris, gibbons
Ungulates: duikers, dik-diks, red river hog, Japanese serow, lesser mouse-deer, klipspringer
Lagomorphs: Afghan, Pallas', black-lipped, Ganzu, collared, red, and American Pikas; Patagonian mara, white-sided jackrabbit
Pinnipeds: Caspian, spotted, harbor, and crabeater seals
Chiroptera: yellow-winged, spectral, heart-nosed, greater dog-like, and slit-faced bats; Samoan flying fox

Obviously these aren't mammals, but I also wrote down: french Angelfish, chichlids, mimic poison frogs.
>>
>>2391843
Humans have small balls as they don't need to compete with others unlike other primates
>>
>>2391845
Except we're not really monogamous, we're situational monogamists and jump from one relationship to the next becauxe we have self awareness and autonomy/expectations aside of birthing.

Monogamy as it's understood in humans is accepted, but it's not true monogamy.
>>
>>2391501
male dolphins
>>
>>2391711
Damn. What's the right one's routine?
>>
>>2391503
This guy knows
>>
>>2392186
eat bread and french fries everyday for entire life.
>>
I've been watching a duck and his waifu for the past week.
>>
>>2392486
For years a domestic goose and a Canada goose were paired up at a local private farm. The Canada goose was never with other Canada geese and didn't migrate.

I was back in that neighborhood last year and they were still going strong. I never saw babies though, from them or the other geese.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.