[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good Aquarium Games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Tap Tap Fish - AbyssRium.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tap Tap Fish - AbyssRium.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
Are there any good aquarium or ocean simulation games? Most are goofy, cheesy shit with unrealistic fish and stupid decorations like treasure chests and plastic mermaids. I'm looking for something that will let me actually build a real system, preferably with editable environment also, since I can't have a large tank right now. AbyssRium is the best I've found so far, which is pretty sad since it's just a goofy phone app. I've literally been looking for these since I was a child and there's never been a good one that I know of. I don't care what platform it's for.
>>
File: IMG_2226.png (678KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2226.png
678KB, 640x1136px
>>2390547
I don't know any besides that one. But it's pretty good.
>>
File: VU9vm6g.png (118KB, 368x317px) Image search: [Google]
VU9vm6g.png
118KB, 368x317px
Tfw abyssrium got an update months ago that doesn't work on your LG G4
>>
>>2390713
It's alright. I mean it's already better than the reefbuilder in the original Aquanaut's Holiday. But it's still nowhere near approaching a basic GOOD aquarium sim, which has literally never been made.

>>2390746
Oh boy. I just bought a new Moto G4 Play because it was cheap. I hope it works.
>>
Kinda related but there's a succulent growing sim called Viridi, that's all I know of.
>>
>>2390758
That's sort of neat.
>>
Maybe /an/ should make an aquarium simulator.
>>
>>2390761
I wish someone would make a FUCKING REALISTIC ONE. I'm tired of these bullshit games where the fish are fake cartoons and the decor is dogs in fucking scuba gear. Take that shit to the trash where it belongs already ffs.
>>
>>2390765
So let's make one ourselves, as a board. We could have options for ponds or tanks and brackish, saltwater, freshwater etc.

We could show cycling in the game if there was an option to speed up time.
>>
>>2390767
I have no idea how to do that. I mean, I could offer technical details like species, ranges, behaviors, etc. But I couldn't do any of the programming or modeling.
>>
File: fishco-lg3.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
fishco-lg3.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>>2390767
>>2390779
I can draw and somewhat animate but I don't know shit about coding either. I highly doubt /an/ of all boards has the capability of pulling together to make anything.

Would be neat to have a realistic aquarium game though if not completely autistic with Ph levels and such.
If you fuck up, your tank crashes. Put the wrong fish together and they kill/eat each other. Have to catch your cousin's kid before the little fuck dumps an entire bag of pretzels in the tank.

I googled aquarium games and this popped up.
https://www.fishlore.com/game_fishco.htm

>FishCo aquarium game lets you buy fish eggs, raise the eggs into adulthood and them sell them for a profit. You can also breed fish, buy plants, meds, etc. and then sell your fish in your own fish store. This game is somewhat similar to Fish Tycoon but FishCo introduces levels of game play that get progressively more difficult. Needless to say this game is quite fun and very addicting, especially for fish lovers.

>You and your business partner, Tracy, own an aquarium shop in FishCo where you must breed and raise freshwater fish to sell. Progress through 40 exciting levels in Action Mode, or play at your own pace in Relaxed Mode, while you unlock new fish and plants, upgrade filters and lighting, and purchase food and medicine to keep your fish healthy and happy! There's also Sandbox Mode where you can customize your own tank! With FishCo, you are well on your way in the world of professional fishkeeping!
>>
>>2390791
Yes! That's what I want in an aquarium game. I want autistic water parameters and putting together fish that won't attack each other and invertebrates and coral frags and live plants and PURE AUTISM
>>
>>2390791
>Have to catch your cousin's kid before the little fuck dumps an entire bag of pretzels in the tank.
Nah that shit's just annoying. It wouldn't even need to be as detailed as cycling, although PH would be interesting for Tanganyika Cichlids or Tetras or getting the SG right before you add your Clownfish or something. I just want a game where I can put realistic looking ACTUAL SPECIES of fish which behave realistically into a REALISTIC setting, like a reef with ACTUAL REAL fucking species of corals, etc. Not "space flowers" and "blue arrowhead" plants.

>https://www.fishlore.com/game_fishco.htm
I've played games like that before. They tend to not be terribly good.
>>
File: Zoo_Tycoon_Marine_Mania.jpg (121KB, 640x918px) Image search: [Google]
Zoo_Tycoon_Marine_Mania.jpg
121KB, 640x918px
>>2390792
>>2390794
I'd like one too, with a buttload of options for fish, plants, their requirements, lighting, suitable tankmates, educational descriptions, etc.

Along with the option for having a shark, whale, manatee, mermaid or sea monster tank for shits and giggles as rewards or some shit so it isn't all 100% serious. I'd shell out a few ammeribucks if it meant that we'd get updates and more content. Would hate if it was pay-to-play/win though.

Pic semi related but good god the tanks were so ugly. I'd liked being able to just put water down like you could grass/dirt and just put some animals in it.
Never tried Zoo Tycoon 2/any other Zoo Tycoon after the first one, Dinosaur Digs and Marine Mania so I don't know whether or not they'd good.
>>
>>2390813
I always hated how you couldn't properly build a reptile house or aquarium in ZT2. You may be able to now, since there have been so insanely many mods, but it's still ridiculously light on aquarium species.
>>
>>2390547
there was an old one called aquazone that went as far as to limit the amount of fish and eggs you had access to when you installed the game, and unless you deleted some extra files you could never get any more even if you reinstalled it.

you could set lighting, temperature, acidity, salinity and the fish grew and bred in real time.

each disc had different kinds of fish you had access to, though all had a number of basic eggs and fish like tetras - such as goldfish, guppies (with pattern/color genetics as a feature), clownfish and oddly enough whales and dolphins (you get an ocean cove 'tank' for that one).

Most fish had to be purchased at a now defunct online store, so I have no idea how you could ever get those anymore, including some fantasy/sci-fi inspired ones such as mecha jules verne fish.

on the plus side, all the data of any single fish is on its own individual file, so even if you got ahold of the basic game and someone had the 'save files' for a breeding pair of guppies you would have access to them.
>>
>>2390821
There was never a really decent aquarium / interior exhibit mod for zoo tycoon 2, and the modding community is so inactive now there never will be sadly.
>>
>>2390547
NEO AQUARIUM King of crustaceans?

>>2390792
But you want a sort of underwater Dorf Fort.
>>
Well, we might not be able to make one but if we raised funds as a board maybe we can pay a programmer from g and an artist from ic? Then we can give them all of the information?
>>
Am artfriend doing concept work for games rn (background in film.) Would be willing to work on this with the right programmer, experienced or student as long as they're professional. I think it's a great idea though I don't know squat about tanks. (I just appreciate a good aquascape and nice games like Viridi.)

Patreon might be a good option if you guys want to throw a couple dollars into something instead of gambling 2 - 4 figure amounts on like a kickstarter. I don't have a whole lot of time to devote myself to another indiedev project even if it was max funded anyhow so this would be gr8 on my side too.
>>
>>2390985
I could literally supply all biological and technical information: Coral species, Fish species, multiple Phyla of Invertebrates, etc., equipment, water chemistry, decor, ranges of species. Pretty much everything. I could also review art and behavior to ensure accuracy.
>>
>>2390989
Sounds good. I figure there's plenty of room for technical information from you guys so if you want to bring some other aquarists onto a chat, or anyone here wants to contribute how they can, by all means.

All that's left is a programmer and a musicbro- I can find someone for music if need be that said.
>>
>>2391020
Programmer is the problem. We'd probably need more than one and it's hard to find a good programmer that doesn't outright want a paycheck.
>>
>>2391020
Music would be easy because it should just be ambient sounds.
>>
>>2391027
1 - 2 programmers maximum, trust me on that one. A project like this is perfectly feasible with one programmer who's even remotely passionate about the concept.

So we fix some method of funding. Like I said I can't really touch this myself without some compensation- at least like a couple dollars on Patreon to eclipse one of my other indie projects. (I'd be perfectly happy splitting it with a programmer or two.) I'm not expecting to replace my salary but yeah nobody works for free.

Also while I can program basic applications, something like this is way out of my scope even with the right Unity plugins. Otherwise I'd one man team it. It's really a great idea.

>>2391030
Shouldn't be too hard then.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.